Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9any7a2y.jpg

Even More Revealing AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Details On 'The Twins' And 'The Vision'

Including a vague description of the Vision's make-up on set, EW has revealed more from their Avengers: Age of Ultron exclusive, with more on Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver. Check it out after the jump

Follow DCMarvelFreshman:

By DCMarvelFreshman - 7/17/2014
“With the [first] Avengers, everybody pretty much had the power of being able to punch somebody,” Joss Whedon tells EW in an extended excerpt of their interview from the Comic-Con preview issue. “And now we have a woman who can get inside your head and move objects, and a boy that can move faster than anything, and a robot [Ultron] who can self-replicate and is out of his mind. So all of sudden, it’s a darker, weirder, tougher world that they’re living in.”

“They’re gypsies in a way,” says Aaron Taylor-Johnson of Wanda and Pietro Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. “They’re romani. They’re sort of like travellers. They’re very yin-and-yang in that twin sense. In his power, he’s physical and she’s psychological. My character is very much on the frontline, but he can be quite emotional. You see this beautiful tenderness between them.” While the twins lack a family or any connections to the world, they do have secret grudges against the Avengers. Whedon explains, “I’m interested because there’s familial issues with that kind of resentment. You can sort of go deeper and I can play with their relationships and I can play with attitudes. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver hate them with a fiery hate…”

Aaron Taylor-Johnson continues, “When you look in the comic books, you see a lot of the time that [Wanda] always sort of mothering him. He’s like the father figure and she’s like the mother figure. Emotionally, she can stabilize him, and he protects her physically, vice-versa. So they have this beautiful connection and it’s kind of them against the world.” Elizabeth Olsen weighs in about her character, “The reason she’s so special is because she has such a vast amount of knowledge that she’s unable to learn how to control it. No one taught her how to control it properly. So it gets the best of her. It’s not that she’s mentally insane, it’s just that she’s just overly stimulated. And she can connect to this world and parallel worlds at the same time, and parallel times.” She continued, “In the comics, every time you see an image of them, they’re always holding each other’s hand and looking over each other’s shoulder. They’re always so close, it’s almost uncomfortable. Aaron and I have been playing a little bit with those kinds of images just for ourselves.”

Like the twins, Joss Whedon considers a fourth member of Team Ultron in the Vision, who is played by Paul Bettany. The director says it's no coincidence that the British voice behind Tony Stark's artificial intellegence J.A.R.V.I.S. is now playing the Vision in Age of Ultron, “but I’m not going to tell you any more...” However, Robert Downey Jr. had a little more to say about the synthetic, superpowered human who is designed by Ultron in the film. “Things only happen arbitrarily in Kevin Feige’s Marvel universe by mistake, and I think he’s maybe made two mistakes and they weren’t really in the movies,” he says. “They were more in like the easter eggs early on. Things that he didn’t have as much final say over but would nowadays.” EW then asked the Iron Man 3 star to clarify that it's no accident that the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S. is now playing The Vision. “Yeah, I don’t think Kevin would let that happen,” he replied. “Again, it’s like if you think about the five different ways that [The Vision] could come together, this one’s definitely the most interesting of the five. I was running other scenarios and I’ve seen it progress over drafts. It was just kind of really good, right from the start.”

Anthony Breznican of Entertainment Weekly then goes to reveal that, despite not getting an official look at the Vision, he did see test footage of his make-up during the Avengers: Age of Ultron set visit. “...His face seemed to be a little more on the purple side of the spectrum than orange, the overall look of the synthezoid has a slightly more technological edge than the original 1968 introduction. He’s a bit more Borg and a little less Crayola.” What do you think?

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=103812#hQLGehZy30XlKdZo.99

It wouldn't work.
Stark would be hitting on her all the time plus one Hulk haymaker to the jaw and she's out cold.

My EW Avengers:AOU photo comments:

1. Nice Black Widow Cleavage Shot
2. Ohh...got distracted....dammit Joss...back to her soccer mom hair-do again?
3. I just saw Tropic Thunder again on TV and I'm thoroughly convinced that RDJ should've played both Tony Stark AND James Rhodes. And by playing Rhodey, I mean he should play him just like he did Lt. Osiris in Tropic Thunder. "You neva go full retard"
4. Hawkeye: Cool guys don't look at explosions
5. The Godzilla couple are now the Maximoff emo-Twins....who wears more eyeliner? Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch?
6. Stark & Banner are the quirky science couple. They need some Hulk/Iron Man interactions.
7. Captain America & Thor: House Hunters "BY GREAT ODIN'S RAVENS, THY DRAPES ARE HIDEOUS!"

My EW Avengers:AOU photo comments:

1. Nice Black Widow Cleavage Shot
2. Ohh...got distracted....dammit Joss...back to her soccer mom hair-do again?
3. I just saw Tropic Thunder again on TV and I'm thoroughly convinced that RDJ should've played both Tony Stark AND James Rhodes. And by playing Rhodey, I mean he should play him just like he did Lt. Osiris in Tropic Thunder. "You neva go full retard"
4. Hawkeye: Cool guys don't look at explosions
5. The Godzilla couple are now the Maximoff emo-Twins....who wears more eyeliner? Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch?
6. Stark & Banner are the quirky science couple. They need some Hulk/Iron Man interactions.
7. Captain America & Thor: House Hunters "BY GREAT ODIN'S RAVENS, THY DRAPES ARE HIDEOUS!"

:clap

"RDJ should've played both Tony Stark AND James Rhodes" :rotfl :clap:clap
"BY GREAT ODIN'S RAVENS, THY DRAPES ARE HIDEOUS!" :lol:lol:lol

As long as Captain Marvel is one of them!

:goodpost: They must bring Carol into the fold, hopefully she'll show up at the end of Ant-Man or another Phase 3 movie, although if they bring her in they might as well drop the Kree in there, and sure enough the Skrulls will follow

Back