Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(CNN) -- Robert Downey Jr.'s son Indio is in trouble with the law.

Indio Falconer Downey, 20, was arrested Sunday on drug possession charges. He's since been released on bail.
"Indio Downey was a passenger in a vehicle stopped around 2 p.m. Sunday," according to West Hollywood Sheriff's Station Sgt. Dave Valentine. "Downey was found to be in possession of what officers believed to be cocaine as well as a smoking pipe. Downey was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, and posted bail around 9 p.m. that same evening."

Robert Downey Jr.'s representative released a statement saying that Downey was "grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention."
"Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it," the rep said.

"Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
The elder Downey had several well-publicized issues with drug addiction in the 1990s. He went through treatment a number of times, including a year in the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison, before finally getting clean in 2001.

Indio Downey is the son of Downey and his first wife, Deborah Falconer. Downey and Falconer divorced in 2004 after almost 12 years of marriage.

Poor guy, but I guess if I was named Indio Falconer I'd be snorting cocaine too.

Yeah I'm thinking that's the case, I'm fine with that, I just meant that turning Odinson into a woman was stupid, the only thing I don't get is, his name is Thor, how can someone else, even if worthy of Mjolnir be named Thor too?

It's mythology based, yeah, so? :lol

Oh Ms Marvel has been a delight! DESMBIGGEN! :rotfl

Eeeeeeeeeh, on 1st impressions, I'm not blown away by Ultron.

I think the guys in the background look way better.

No no it's just someone taking up the mantle of Thor. Which makes sense. I would assume you could use his name as a legacy hero name now. I don't see a problem with it. There are multiple Odin's in the world so why not Thor or even Medusa. We have multiple Medusa's. Just apply the same to Thor.

No no it's just someone taking up the mantle of Thor. Which makes sense. I would assume you could use his name as a legacy hero name now. I don't see a problem with it. There are multiple Odin's in the world so why not Thor or even Medusa. We have multiple Medusa's. Just apply the same to Thor.

Definitely ok with that then, that means my Thor still exists, but he'll only be like a cosmic hobo or something :lol

Multiple Odins? In a single Marvel universe? Really?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since God of Thunder has been sublime so far, just excellent.

To be fair, Marvel's Thor originally wasn't even the god himself. Donald Blake was a crippled physician who only inherited Thor's powers and physique when he touched the hammer (get your head out of the gutter!) Kind of like Captain Marvel/Shazam. It seems like giving a lady Thor's powers is a return to that original concept.

Definitely ok with that then, that means my Thor still exists, but he'll only be like a cosmic hobo or something :lol

Multiple Odins? In a single Marvel universe? Really?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since God of Thunder has been sublime so far, just excellent.

I think his new series is call "Unworthy Thor" or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, Marvel's Thor originally wasn't even the god himself. Donald Blake was a crippled physician who only inherited Thor's powers and physique when he touched the hammer (get your head out of the gutter!) Kind of like Captain Marvel/Shazam. It seems like giving a lady Thor's powers is a return to that original concept.

Yeah but that changed since, long since, from then on he was Thor, not just Thor's identity, he was Thor.

Plus, Mjolnir's inscription says "he(she) be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor", not become Thor.

Which is why I don't get they're saying the new girl IS Thor, not she-Thor or whatever.

I think his new series is call "Unworthy Thor" or something like that.
Yeah I just found out, and it's SWEEEET! :yess: everything's in order now.

thor-unworthy.jpg

Notice the badass metal arm :rock: Big Boss can't be wrong if it's Odinson's fashion choice too :lol

If I had a dime for every time DC or Marvel lied about changing a character only to change it back 6-12 months later...

Major movie franchise character. A-List actor. "This change is for realz!" Sure it is, until Avengers 2 is about to hit.

If I had a dime for every time DC or Marvel lied about changing a character only to change it back 6-12 months later...

Major movie franchise character. A-List actor. "This change is for realz!" Sure it is, until Avengers 2 is about to hit.

especially to appease the feminist hypocrites.... disgusting

from Fiege

"Last time we saw Stark Tower, from The Avengers, it had gotten beat up a little bit thanks to Hulk and thanks to Loki and the Chituari, and Pepper and Tony were standing over a table looking at plans. That's where we pulled out and all the letters had fallen away except the 'A' in Stark. So what they were doing was retro-fitting for The Avengers. And that's what we see in this next film.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone – for people who are following along. S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded and brought down at the end of The Winter Soldier because it turned out to not be the best organization ever. So Tony's bank-rolling The Avengers now. And he's bank-rolling their headquarters. So it's now Avengers Tower.

"Tony designed it so in addition to a hanger for a brand-new Quinjet, laboratories, places where he can build and store his Iron Man suits, there are I believe two bars. Beautiful multiple space living rooms which are perfect for parties and social gatherings. But it’s a primary location in the film this time around."

:panic:

Back