Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm....dunno what to think really

Yeah...same here. Based on this, I'm not sure what is so revolutionary about the CGI.

But it IS James Cameron, so I'll give it the full benefit of the doubt and be there on opening weekend.

That trailer looks different than expected, but really awesome nonetheless.

It sometimes almost seems as if they made the human appearances look a bit like CGI to make them blend in better with everything...

But anyway, I can't wait to see this movie in theatres in December!!! :rock
Now, I'm going to watch the trailer again :D

This is going to be epic! I agree about the CGI, but I can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the links, Bullseye.

Looks pretty weak. Horrible overuse of CGI that naturally doesn't look photo-realistic, the Navi look pathetic...And it looks like a big budget remake of ^^^^in' Delgo. Still, it's Cameron so I'll give this the benefit of the doubt and see it in theatres.

Yep, it does look very cartoony. I think CGI has progressed beyond this, really. But like everyone is saying, it IS James Cameron so there's a good chance the action will be top notch.

I dont think the blending of CGI / Live action to meet in the middle is a bad thing.
I like the fantasy world vibe it can give to a film as long as the CGI in itself if well done.

Makes me think back to PJs King Kong remake where at times that movie looked like a moving painting. I thought it lookd beautiful even tho unrealistic. it was in its own world.

Hopefully Avatar will accomplish the same thing.

I'm not really worried. This is James Cameron we're talking about...He knows how to tell a story. I'm just glad the trailer didn't have some ominous voiceover explaining everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back