Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but didn't Delgo like totally suck ass?
Reviews were horrible.
And I doubt he intentionally ripped it off. They have been working on it for years.

Just watched the trailer and I'm not thrilled... Cameron is probably the director I like the most, but I don't know about this one. Maybe it's my age, but I really don't like the CGI fxs... :(
Sure, they move better than stop motion, but where they gain in fluidity, they lack in realism. I had the feeling I was watching a ^^^^ing video game! :(

Eli, all that matters is that HOCKEY season will soon be upon us!!!:chew:banana:chew:banana

That thought rules with an iron fist.

Why that thought sucks, because that means Summer is near its end and Winter is right around the corner. For ^^^^ sakes.

Only good thing about winter is ice hockey. Other than that, gimmie my Summer back from the start! :monkey2

I just saw the 15 minutes in Imax. Let not your heart be troubled. The trailer doesn't do this film justice. Those that are simply keeping their trust in the fact its a cameron film are wise. This just blew me away. It actually exceeded the hype to me.

The trailer wasnt bad but a little below my expectations, but after seeing this, it feels like they dumbed it down on purpose. There is so much more awesomeness to this film than the teaser trailer leads you to believe. Not to mention the Na'vi CG is very realistic but realistic or not you dont really care because you are immediately sucked into the story. Every 2 or 3 minute scene engaged me and it sucked when the scenes would change because you want to keep watching. You never think CG after 5 seconds of watching.

You will not be disappointed.

District 9 was making realistic cockroaches. Its a bit more difficult to create a humanoid that is convincing on screen. The trailer doesnt do the film justice. I honestly dont see how anyone who has witnessed the 15 minutes can say otherwise. This is original. Its not like Dances with Wolves. There may be a similarity or two because there is only so many emotions and plot lines before you cross into similarity to something else but it holds to be being original. I was blown away by 15 minutes and this sucker is 3 HOURS! The CG is the best out there, blows away district 9 because of its epic scale and...well its not even worth defending. Just see the movie come DEC 18 and you will see what I mean.

The 15 minutes was SO much better than the trailer. The Na'vi were convincing and there were moments that looked photoreal....but who cares- the story is great and the CG is not distracting. The world of Pandora is surreal and beautiful and will make an amazing ride for all audiences Cameron style.

My brother posts on the Marketsaw website which gets Avatar news before anyone else. He was with me when we saw the screening. I thought some of you might be interested to read his thoughts on the subjects so I copied his post from the Marketsaw blog-

Im in love with this movie so far lol

Ok, so because I got there so early I was actually the first in line at the Dallas Texas IMAX showing. It was fun talking with other fans in line about what we were about to see.
The footage was..... Breathtaking. Totally realistic and totally incredible. I bought every second of it. Now I loved the trailer in the first place, and I can understand some peoples opinions of how some shots looked CG. but seeing more interaction between the characters definitely raises the bar to the next level and doesn't come close to the trailer. The fluidity and motion was of Jake's Avatar was PERFECT. The bio luminescent forest was beautiful. My brother actually got chocked up for a second on more than one scene seeing how beautiful it was! Someone else said "this is going to be the best movie of all time". The music that plays on the Avatar website is what is playing when Jake lays onto the lab bed, just something I noticed. Amazing facial animation, you experience what they experience and feel what they feel. The overall depth of the movie is crazy. It just feels like another world completely and its hard to describe, so I wont lol Seeing him wrestle with the banshee had me on edge for some reason. I don't know it just sort of draws you in to the scene cause it feels incredibly real.
I can say 100% now in full honesty, that all the haters out there calling it cartoony and fake and "Epic Fail" are literally, and I mean literally wrong. There is no such thing as opinion on this subject, there is only fact, and the fact is that this movie will be awesome. Oh yeah, the 3d was outstanding lol. I totally forgot about it cause there was so much to look at and take in.
James Cameron has done it again. But this time, at least from the 15 minute footage, It is a perfect emotional masterpiece that I cant wait to experience again : )

ps. Saw G.I Joe afterwards because we were already at the theater with nothing better to do. Ill say this much, after seeing Avatar, G.I Joe is what I used to wipe my butt after Avatar made me crap my pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back