Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, that's why Cameron ramped up the 4th one... because they can end it after the 3rd one.

So why do we need three 3+ hours films BEFORE the "good one"?
Because some of us think we already got two good ones. :)

Whatever he does for the fourth one I don't think will be *that* crazy though. He's known for technical innovations but not so much when it comes to story. So I'm sure whatever "crazy" thing happens in the movie will have been done in some other movie that we're already familiar with or at the very least some sci-fi novel that he read as a kid. And I'm fine with that as it isn't too different than OT era Lucas' approach.

That's why I'm thinking that Na'vi coming to Earth might be on the table, it was strongly implied that that's what Alien 3 was going to be about so maybe Cameron will decide to just do it with Na'vi (as you said he's already borrowing heavily from the ALIEN franchise as it is.) I'm guessing the ultimate resolution will end up along the lines of Matrix Revolutions with neither side defeating the other and both agreeing to live in harmony.

Kiri seems like she's being primed to be the Chosen One/Neo so I won't be shocked if she ends up being the one to unite both sides.

Listening to Greg Nicotero on a podcast and he said he read an interview with JC who said if he made Aliens today he would do it all digital. Wt.

That's why I'm thinking that Na'vi coming to Earth might be on the table, it was strongly implied that that's what Alien 3 was going to be about so maybe Cameron will decide to just do it with Na'vi (as you said he's already borrowing heavily from the ALIEN franchise as it is.)

That does seem like the obvious choice -- bring the war home. And like you said, amazing innovator except where story is concerned.

Imagine if Cameron had Gilroy's story sense...?

Anyway... the problem with the big boom-boom at home is: we (the humans) are the bad guys.

I think that's a huge problem for Cameron's story. Is a story about 'going to Earth' supposed to be like attacking the Death Star? I can see a lot of army-pants-wearing fans feeling conflicted with that idea.

Also, what the hell tech do the Na'vi have that will get them to Earth? Do they use our own tech? So its literally Ewoks attacking the Death Star?

I dunno. These Fire People better have some good tech that the "simple Na'vi folk" can learn how to use... and become as bad as we are.

Cameron's "super-message" to the world: both sides can SUCK!

Is a story about 'going to Earth' supposed to be like attacking the Death Star? I can see a lot of army-pants-wearing fans feeling conflicted with that idea.
:lol :lol
Also, what the hell tech do the Na'vi have that will get them to Earth? Do they use our own tech? So its literally Ewoks attacking the Death Star?
Well apparently Ewoks performed the Holdo Maneuver in TROS so why not. :lol
I dunno. These Fire People better have some good tech that the "simple Na'vi folk" can learn how to use... and become as bad as we are.

Cameron's "super-message" to the world: both sides can SUCK!
I think it will be the "good" humans and Na'vi versus the "bad" humans and Na'vi with maybe the Fire Na'vi joining the bad guys because they, well, just want to watch everything burn.

I can see there being more human sympathizers like Michelle Rodriguez' Trudy character helping to ferry the Na'vi and all their critters to Earth should Cameron choose to go that route.

So it will be Ewoks and Rebels attacking the Death Star but helping all the "good" Stormtroopers evacuate first. Who knows, we'll see close any of this is to actually panning out, lol.

Yeah, that story doesn't make me go "holy ****" like those studio execs. Feels messy, with lots to do to CYA.
Maybe I'm selling Cameron short but like we discussed above I'm assuming the "holy ****" would be on account of the technical details being pitched ("and then a global battle begins as MILLIONS of Na'vi swarm human cities from the sky!") as opposed to some shocking narrative twist. I'd certainly love if he proved otherwise though.

Or maybe he just said "multiverse" and that Terminators and Xenomorphs would join the battle which made the studio execs spit out their coffee, lol.

Maybe Pandora is destroyed! BOOM!!!!! Too much fighting for resources. Heya (or whatever it is) has had enough... and blows the unobtanium world to smithereens.

Does that magic material become "obtanium" now?

Now the Na'vi and Fire People and who-knows-what-else need a place to live. Hello Earth.

But the Fire People always start trouble.

Maybe Pandora is destroyed! BOOM!!!!! Too much fighting for resources. Heya (or whatever it is) has had enough... and blows the unobtanium world to smithereens.

Does that magic material become "obtanium" now?

Now the Na'vi and Fire People and who-knows-what-else need a place to live. Hello Earth.

But the Fire People always start trouble.
I could see that. Cameron loves to have a moment where all the Na'Vi stop and cry because a whale died or a big tree fell down so what could top the planet itself going boom? You might be on to something there. Then he gets his "Alderaan" and "Death Star attack" in one fell swoop.

Maybe our hero gets advance intel and "builds an ark" to carry pairs of indigenous animals back to Earth.

Cameron has to tap into Christian myth or he's just not doing it right.

So uhhh. I guess judging from that sub incident jimmy c is the only one who can master the titanic and the way of water

I love that right as the 4K release of The Abyss is about to be announced five guys have to go and get themselves "Lt. Coffeyed." Back to the vault for another 20 years! :gah:
Damn shame to. Could of easily saw a vr experience at a museum or something

I just wonder if it happened instantly with no warning or if it was like in The Abyss with systems malfunctioning and alarms going off, pieces of the vessel creaking and cracking so that they all knew what was about to happen even if they didn't feel the implosion itself *shudder*. I'd definitely rather that happen though than slowly suffocating as it sat idle on the ocean's floor with all the prolonged terror that that would have generated (not to mention the possibility of one or more of the men panicking, going crazy and trying to open a hatch, etc.)

I just wonder if it happened instantly with no warning or if it was like in The Abyss with systems malfunctioning and alarms going off, pieces of the vessel creaking and cracking so that they all knew what was about to happen even if they didn't feel the implosion itself *shudder*. I'd definitely rather that happen though than slowly suffocating as it sat idle on the ocean's floor with all the prolonged terror that that would have generated (not to mention the possibility of one or more of the men panicking, going crazy and trying to open a hatch, etc.)

She did say they may have heard a pop sound from the hull that sent nitrogen into the brain but that's about it. A hull breach happens pretty fast if it happens at all. The slow, creaking death doesn't happen at 12,000 feet plus depth.

Back