Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, would have been a far worse outcome if they'd been found but inevitably too late to actually save them. You could have even had a situation where the only way to extend oxygen supply long enough for anyone to make it out alive would be for one or more of them to commit suicide somehow - like in the film Sunshine.

It was actually a big relief when I saw the news of the debris.

Yeah, would have been a far worse outcome if they'd been found but inevitably too late to actually save them. You could have even had a situation where the only way to extend oxygen supply long enough for anyone to make it out alive would be for one or more of them to commit suicide somehow - like in the film Sunshine.

It was actually a big relief when I saw the news of the debris.
There you are. Did you ever actually watch AWOW?

I just wonder if it happened instantly with no warning or if it was like in The Abyss with systems malfunctioning and alarms going off, pieces of the vessel creaking and cracking so that they all knew what was about to happen even if they didn't feel the implosion itself *shudder*. I'd definitely rather that happen though than slowly suffocating as it sat idle on the ocean's floor with all the prolonged terror that that would have generated (not to mention the possibility of one or more of the men panicking, going crazy and trying to open a hatch, etc.)
They probably had some warning. Word is, they had time to drop the weights, which means they would've heard the hull crack before implosion. If a hull needs sensors to detect cracks, you know the hull is not pressure worthy. The actual event would've been over in a couple of nanoseconds. So some warning (bad), but not a slow death once it imploded (good).

In regards to AWOW, does anyone know why the 3+ hours of extras were not included on Disney+? It was posted many times that Disney and Max would have them.

I was looking forward to all the behind-the-scenes stuff. Now kinda wish I'd bought it via AppleTV etc, but seems a lot to pay now I've watched the film.

A few days removed from watching this and thinking about it, I'm quite surprised how much worse it was than the first movie.
I'm not the biggest fan of Avatar 1, but it's a solid enough movie.
This one really didn't do it for me. Feels like a big step down from the first one.

Oh man, lol.

EVERETT, WA — Following a slight hiccup involving a tin can and 6,000 PSI of water pressure in the unforgiving depths of the Northern Atlantic Ocean, deep-sea tourism company OceanGate is now offering a 20% off coupon for its next tour.

"All startups have small delays and hindrances," said the brand, brand-new CEO of OceanGate, "Like Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos, we are just gonna keep swimming and continue to provide an unforgettable experience for customers."

The CEO said ticket sales are no longer limited to billionaires: multi-millionaires are now permitted to purchase tickets as long as they have the 20% off coupon in hand at the time of purchase. He added that other perks are being considered to really entice potential buyers during this momentary dip in sales. Some perks include:
  • Free Nintendo Wii remotes (redeemed in gift shop following successful tour)
  • Family discount (small families only)
  • Taco Tuesday
  • 100% money-back guarantee if crushed in the cold, black abyss

There you are. Did you ever actually watch AWOW?
I saw it eventually. It didn't blow me away. A competent movie of course from Cameron but I just constantly found myself waiting for that thing that would explain why it took so long for this first sequel to come out and why these are the only movies he wants to make going forward.

It's probably worth another look down the line but I'm in no hurry.

Some professor said it happens so fast your brain can't process it. It happens at 1,500 mph.

130017a8-6a1f-48c0-85d7-579aecc57247_text.gif

As a director and underwater expert, James Cameron has a golden opportunity to make a documentary about the sub implosion and name it “the weigh of water”

I saw it eventually. It didn't blow me away. A competent movie of course from Cameron but I just constantly found myself waiting for that thing that would explain why it took so long for this first sequel to come out and why these are the only movies he wants to make going forward.

It's probably worth another look down the line but I'm in no hurry.
Well I'm glad you finally watched it and enjoyed it (more or less?) I ended up not giving the long wait another thought since the time jump seemed baked into the story from the get go. I'm guessing that since Cameron always knew that Part 2 would be about Jake's teenage kids that it allowed him to proceed without too much urgency. It made no sense to us at the time of course but as it stands the movie still came out in a shorter span than the age of Jake's oldest (or so I'm assuming.)

As for why he's doing these movies at the expense of anything else well I'm just glad he's doing *something* unlike say Peter Jackson.

Well I'm glad you finally watched it and enjoyed it (more or less?) I ended up not giving the long wait another thought since the time jump seemed baked into the story from the get go. I'm guessing that since Cameron always knew that Part 2 would be about Jake's teenage kids that it allowed him to proceed without too much urgency. It made no sense to us at the time of course but as it stands the movie still came out in a shorter span than the age of Jake's oldest (or so I'm assuming.)

As for why he's doing these movies at the expense of anything else well I'm just glad he's doing *something* unlike say Peter Jackson.
I can't seem to actively dislike a Cameron (directed) movie. His best films would make my top 10 easily, his worst films are at the least still quite good.

A second viewing would probably make me appreciate AWOW more on its merits.

I can't seem to actively dislike a Cameron (directed) movie. His best films would make my top 10 easily, his worst films are at the least still quite good.
Yeah he's annoyed me to varying degrees over the years but I've just come to take "never bet against Cameron" as fact at this point. His movies always make bank and even his worst are just so damn good. ALIENS is in my all-time Top 5 and Terminator 1 probably all-time Top 10. I've seen AWOW a few times now and it's still a contender for my third favorite Cameron film.

Ooooh... what's your current TOP 5 now?
It kind of always goes back to the same four:

1. ESB (theatrical)
2. FOTR (theatrical)
3. Star Wars (theatrical)
4. ALIENS (and I go back and forth on theatrical vs. SE)

I'm honestly not even sure what I'd put at #5 since there's so many worthy contenders.

Back