Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really worried. This is James Cameron we're talking about...He knows how to tell a story. I'm just glad the trailer didn't have some ominous voiceover explaining everything.

depends how far his head is stuck up his own arse as it been up there for a long time since titanic

I dont think the blending of CGI / Live action to meet in the middle is a bad thing.
I like the fantasy world vibe it can give to a film as long as the CGI in itself if well done.

Makes me think back to PJs King Kong remake where at times that movie looked like a moving painting. I thought it lookd beautiful even tho unrealistic. it was in its own world.

Hopefully Avatar will accomplish the same thing.

I agree... It's not a bad thing. As long as the story is good it should be alright.

But I in no way think this is going to be the ground breaking movie it's claiming to be. It will be a fun ride, but not epic.

One thing to remember was this movie was designed from the ground up as being a 3D movie. Many of those scenes shown will looks NUTS when wearing 3D glasses and in full HD.

Can't say I know much about this...BUT....is this the same AVATAR that is a cartoon on TV, the windbender ?? :dunno

Can't say I know much about this...BUT....is this the same AVATAR that is a cartoon on TV, the windbender ?? :dunno

:rotfl:rotfl
Nope... that's M. Night's "The Last Airbender"...

I agree... the CGI looks way too "video-gamey" IMO...
actually looks more like the trailer for a video game than a movie... reminds me of the FF movie actually...
And the last shot is very cheesy... at a Titanic level....

I'll see it for sure...

I think it looks great. Its one trailer , with no talking at that. I'm not getting excited yet but I think this is probably going to be awesome. just need more insight into the characters , to get used to them more and to understand the whole plot in more depth.

I think it looks neat, I just wish we could get over the whole "military machine versus the innocent tribal aliens" thing... but then I guess that would be Aliens or Starship Troopers. Seriously though... Scientist put in the body of an alien that infiltrates the indigenous species and learns to love them and fight with them against the imperialistic machine... try something NEW!

saw HD 1080P trailer on my ps3 and it blew me away !

This will be the movie of the YEAR !!!
evrything james cameron touches becomes solid GOLD !!

I am so pumeped about this movie.

Looks good to me, but then again I'm the type of person that embraces new cinematic styles.

One thing to remember was this movie was designed from the ground up as being a 3D movie. Many of those scenes shown will looks NUTS when wearing 3D glasses and in full HD.

Do you really think so? I can't remember ever seeing a 3D movie that was THAT good. The 3D was cool, yes...but only as a novelty.

actually looks more like the trailer for a video game than a movie... reminds me of the FF movie actually...

I'll see it for sure...

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering the same thing.

I'll see it for sure...

Haha thanks! I kept waiting for the little airbending boy to show up...and when he didn't I was wondering why? The fact that his name is Avatar confused me very much.

At any rate, I think the trailer looks pretty cool. James Cameron does awesome work. Titanic is one of my favorite movies. :x

I went to the panel for this at SDCC....Cameron ended up showing us around 24 minutes or so of footage. It was all 3-D and did look rather impressive.

That being said, whether or not it is the masterpiece he thinks it is, still remains to be seen. Sometimes I do think he drinks a little bit too much of his own kool-aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back