Assassins Creed Figures from Fire Figures Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does hot toys use patents for their sculpts and bodies or whatever patent thing they have in china? Cause I always see some company selling a fig with custom clothes on a true type and wonder if HT is getting ripped off or they allowed the company to use the body

They really shouldn't've used the AC logo and character names from the start. That's what got them in trouble. Claim filed.

I agree and they shouldn t Made a lot of teasers and advertisement with Facebook and website, i think they have a lot of people interested and much visibility but the risks were high..

Does hot toys use patents for their sculpts and bodies or whatever patent thing they have in china? Cause I always see some company selling a fig with custom clothes on a true type and wonder if HT is getting ripped off or they allowed the company to use the body

isn't it when you buy something it's yours to modify and resell? it's not like the custom maker made a body based on HT tech which would deprive HT of profits.

Did you guys get your refunds yet? Just curious...
My invoice is 185 and I did not. And they did not answered on my e-mail.
I think I'll ask for the refund via dispute on Monday. It's really nice to wait, but I might need those money pretty bad.

I think I'll ask for the refund via dispute on Monday. It's really nice to wait, but I might need those money pretty bad.

Yeah that's shady...I'm guessing this was a scam.

I find it hard to believe (even though I guess it happened), that this company claimed they had license for such a long period of time, and then took everybodies money, and then got busted for copyright infringement? Stuff like this just scares me, and makes me wish this whole "pre-order" crap would stop. I feel bad for the people that were taken. Economy is bad, and it seems as if only bad people profit.

Funny... I thought pre-ordering meant no-money down till release date. Hmm...

I find it hard to believe (even though I guess it happened), that this company claimed they had license for such a long period of time, and then took everybodies money, and then got busted for copyright infringement? Stuff like this just scares me, and makes me wish this whole "pre-order" crap would stop. I feel bad for the people that were taken. Economy is bad, and it seems as if only bad people profit.

Company never claimed to have the license.

Why wait until Monday?
Lodge a dispute right now.
If they are honest then the money gets returned and you close the dispute. If not, the official process is already underway.

Yeah that's shady...I'm guessing this was a scam.

it's just taking time. A few ppl on their FB page have stated they have received their refunds

And for ppl who probably missed it the first time I posted it, there is a strong chance that these might still happen with an official license:
FireFigures Facebook said:
We have started refunding from yesterday. So guys pls be patient all will be refunded with one to two days. We have told that we were not using any of the Ubisoft name nevertheless guys Ubisoft licensing department is in contact with us and they have liked the quality of our product so high hopes of getting license for the complete AC series!

it's just taking time. A few ppl on their FB page have stated they have received their refunds

And for ppl who probably missed it the first time I posted it, there is a strong chance that these might still happen with an official license:

I highly doubt they'll get the license...I don't know where you're getting "strong chance"? Anyway, glad to hear people are getting their money back and it wasn't a complete scam :clap

B/c if what they say is true about Ubisoft liking the figures and the quality, I take that as a strong chance of Ubisoft agreeing to allow them to hold a license for the figures. Granted, the figures will more than likely cost more with Ubisoft's fingers in the pudding, but at least they'll be official

B/c if what they say is true about Ubisoft liking the figures and the quality, I take that as a strong chance of Ubisoft agreeing to allow them to hold a license for the figures. Granted, the figures will more than likely cost more with Ubisoft's fingers in the pudding, but at least they'll be official

Yeah I doubt Ubisoft would go for that...but I could be wrong, would't be the first time :)

this sucks,but im crossing my fingers they will get these out one way or the other eventually.

Ubisoft is a massive international company and actually has their own merchandising division that does AC statues.
They've dealt with Hot Toys in the past and so are aware of the 1/6 figure market.

Just because they like pictures of a prototype doesn't mean they'll have any intention of granting a license. The same people saying they have 'high hopes' are the ones that are apparently so dumb they thought trademarks could be used as long as they didn't put a Ubisoft logo on there.....even just from a business standpoint there is now no way in hell they'll get the license.

Ubisoft is a massive international company and actually has their own merchandising division that does AC statues.
They've dealt with Hot Toys in the past and so are aware of the 1/6 figure market.

Just because they like pictures of a prototype doesn't mean they'll have any intention of granting a license. The same people saying they have 'high hopes' are the ones that are apparently so dumb they thought trademarks could be used as long as they didn't put a Ubisoft logo on there.....even just from a business standpoint there is now no way in hell they'll get the license.

Why not all they have already shown pictures of their product line in addition to pictures several finished production pieces and demonstrated a demand for this product. At present there is nobody producing AC figures in this scale. Why would ubi soft care along as they get some licensing fees. They could easily to peoples fears at easy by having an official announcement on Ubisofts website that in collaboration with Firefigures we are launching the 1/6 scale AC line. My concern is not so much the licensing and how much of a price increase we will get,but the QC I mean even a company such as Enterbay keeps producing bad QC figures what about the QC of other companies like Brother Production, and all the other third party figures.

Back