Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that would be against the principle of "Slim", right?

However, there is always chance for a second version.

Just on the record,
there will be NO slim version for Legolas,

the braids are the problem. I can assure you there is no factory skill at moment to tie a real hair by hand that will be 1/6 scale accurate. Not for leggy's at least.

Hey George, so just to confirm -- there will be no haired head version and no Slim for Legolas? The one currently available will be your only Legolas version?

I was going to wait for a haired version on this but then I read your comments and figured there might be more clarification.

Wor-gar, I think asmus may do a single haired head release in the future, just not a full figure...at least that's what I'm hoping

I could be misreading the thread, but I got the impression they were saying that -- hair-wise -- this is the only version of this figure they're planning. They looked at doing rooted, but because of his braids, they couldn't make it work at the manufacturing level.

They aren't saying they won't revisit the character down the road a few years with maybe a different look ... and maybe by then manufacturing techniques will have changed enough to make it possible .... but I don't think they're planning a rooted hair head at all right now.

That was my reading of it, anyway. Could be wrong.

Definitely worth a shot!

(Personally, I don't quite understand exactly why the braid makes it unworkable, but I'm crap at customizing, so just about everybody knows better than me!)

I think we should put it this way,
root hair is no doubt the most realistic way to do a figure, but it has to be treated right.
at moment, for Legolas' braid, it is too small to do it in good ratio at 1/6th, so rather than do it for the sake of doing it, we rather have it look good.

Gimli in the other hand, he is a MUST be rooted hair/beard character, if we do sculpted beard, it will not even look good, so Gimli has put us on the spot, we have to over come it, no matter the price. However, if we can pull Gimli off, that means we may have a shot at Legolas' root hair.

So, Gimli is the key.

root hair is no doubt the most realistic way to do a figure, but it has to be treated right.
at moment, for Legolas' braid, it is too small to do it in good ratio at 1/6th, so rather than do it for the sake of doing it, we rather have it look good.

Gimli in the other hand, he is a MUST be rooted hair/beard character, if we do sculpted beard, it will not even look good, so Gimli has put us on the spot, we have to over come it, no matter the price. However, if we can pull Gimli off, that means we may have a shot at Legolas' root hair.

So, Gimli is the key.

Wow.. you guys just keep giving me reasons to continue purchasing your figures. I wish other companies would show this kind of passion and dedication.....ellen ripley

So, Gimli is the key.

Thanks for that, makes sense.

My fingers crossed for Gimli -- you are right, he is the key in so many ways. It will be huge when you complete him. It will also mean the completion for the Fellowship, which is pretty incredible. Committing to and following thru on all nine figures is an amazing feat in itself.

I just saw Asmus Toys putting this on their FB-feed:

"Test painting application on the pupil and eyelesh.
It is important to keep pushing the factory to their limit and make break through.
Nice job!'
AsmusLegolas.jpg

Are the eyes going to be finished with some varnish or shining product?

I always thought that eyes were some kind of decals instead of painting them on the sculpt themselves. Isn't that how HT does it?
It still looks good though.

Thanks for that, makes sense.

My fingers crossed for Gimli -- you are right, he is the key in so many ways. It will be huge when you complete him. It will also mean the completion for the Fellowship, which is pretty incredible. Committing to and following thru on all nine figures is an amazing feat in itself.

True. Still, I still have this nagging voice in my head: 'working on something is not the same as the full fellowship in my display'

We have been burned too many times on promises of getting all nine walkers, we need a cure for the trauma Asmus! :)

I'm a big fan of the films, but oddly enough... I only own the theatrical releases and the extended cuts and like four sets of various quality One Rings. I've never owned a single LOTR or Hobbit figure. The daunting task of obtaining the entire Fellowship and trying to display them all might have something to do with that though.

However, I just saw this today and instantly pre-ordered. Legolas was always my favorite and I have to have at least one figure in the collection. But god help me when it comes time deciding what to box up in order to display him, lol. I may just have to move. xD

SOOO glad i preordered this one. Man those final pics are awesome!

Back