Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think we'll get an answer on a slim until their sales are final on this one.

But seems pretty clear they will do a haired-sculpt and a slim version.

I don't think we'll get an answer on a slim until their sales are final on this one.

But seems pretty clear they will do a haired-sculpt and a slim version.

Yep.
Only until the technique is right,
we try to avoid attempting something that isn't ready.

Gimili will be the key,
we are working very hard to figure a way to do root beard, but again, the braid...

:yess:

Gimli has been a real challenge. I've been so eager for him since the very first mention he would be done. Likely to be the last piece of the Fellowship, but I hope you solve those challenges with success. Never before has a decent representation of this character been made.

I have high hopes for Gimli, I would personally rather wait for a better result.
This line has always been a good one for me, but with the improvements and new figures (Legolas) I have to say, it's now my most anticipated franchise. Thanks Asmus.

ASMUS!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to get their attention and say thank you for making Legolas' boots separate pieces so he has ankle movement. I really hope the ankle joints come out strong so he can hold dynamic poses.

I'd post the pics here from their Facebook page but I do not know how to do that from my phone.

ASMUS!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to get their attention and say thank you for making Legolas' boots separate pieces so he has ankle movement. I really hope the ankle joints come out strong so he can hold dynamic poses.

I'd post the pics here from their Facebook page but I do not know how to do that from my phone.
Here you go and thanks for the heads up!
Legolas.jpg

Fantastic! So hyped for Legolas and EVERYTHING else you have coming!

I have now ordered this based purely on the ankle articulation
thank you Asmus

Also, asmus, please note that the upper leather harness on his chest is a lighter brown colour than the brown belt around his waist.

It's my impression that the Slim/Expansion Packs were meant for previously released figures that were seen as lacking a little bit. The figures going forward shouldn't need to be supplemented like that. We'll see how they turn out. But "Slim" doesn't equate to "haired."

I don't know if it's too late in the game for them to change colors or not. Isn't this supposed to start shipping next month?

It's my impression that the Slim/Expansion Packs were meant for previously released figures that were seen as lacking a little bit. The figures going forward shouldn't need to be supplemented like that. We'll see how they turn out. But "Slim" doesn't equate to "haired."

Agreed, and I don't know how much slimmer the regular version could get!

Agreed, and I don't know how much slimmer the regular version could get!

Exactly.
With a "Luxury" Edition (with the Cave Troll base), as well as a "Regular" release, I don't see the need for a "Slim" version down the line.

There is one more catch to it to. The first version sells out. The regular releases of Saruman, Aragorn and the hobbits are all sold out and sold out fairly quickly for Asmus unless I am mistaken.

Back