Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beast
IMG_0371.jpg

Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

1 more payment[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered mine with a $ 20 discount code. :)
Now I'm considering to sell my mk 42 1/6 in order to get the 1/4, too.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

You would be able to see them from the side a little, but I had them tacked down with museum putty. Just took that off recently and used zip ties for now, but plan to tack them back down again a little cleaner.

One side has only the two leg wires which is hidden by the Ultron arm, and the other has the rest pathing down that and over the back.

You can really only hide them from the most viewed angle, but I think it's a worthy concession.

I'm a little bit surprised this hasn't had more pictures yet. I know the last one had a definitive Tony Stark face sculpt to display but this one is the closest to a comic book version we've ever seen. To me if you wanted to display a quarter scale next to the modern Marvel PF's coming out this would be the best one to do so.

Not to mention Iron Man and Hot Toys are like Peanut Butter and Jelly. The lack of posts is mind boggling.

I'm a little bit surprised this hasn't had more pictures yet. I know the last one had a definitive Tony Stark face sculpt to display but this one is the closest to a comic book version we've ever seen. To me if you wanted to display a quarter scale next to the modern Marvel PF's coming out this would be the best one to do so.

Not to mention Iron Man and Hot Toys are like Peanut Butter and Jelly. The lack of posts is mind boggling.

Maybe this sounds crazy as I collect 1/6 & 1/4 IM Figures and Statues but this was so not impressive In my opinion. Loved the 1/6 Mk. 45 and the 1/4 Mk. 43/42 but without a headsculpt included and the lack luster paint compared to the 1/6 counterpart, I just really found this release lacking. It is difficult to explain as some of the issues also come from the horrible base (which is NOT a deal breaker) and lack of included accessories added to the less vibrant paint.

Please trust me when I say that I really wanted to love this piece but was not at all impressed.

Maybe this sounds crazy as I collect 1/6 & 1/4 IM Figures and Statues but this was so not impressive In my opinion. Loved the 1/6 Mk. 45 and the 1/4 Mk. 43/42 but without a headsculpt included and the lack luster paint compared to the 1/6 counterpart, I just really found this release lacking. It is difficult to explain as some of the issues also come from the horrible base (which is NOT a deal breaker) and lack of included accessories added to the less vibrant paint.

Please trust me when I say that I really wanted to love this piece but was not at all impressed.

I agree with this.

The 1/4 Mk43 is leaps and bounds better than the (already good) 1/6 Mk43. Ignoring the diorama bases, the 1/4 Mk45 is basically just a bigger version of the 1/6 (duh)... but that's it. Whereas the 1/4 Mk43 is bigger with noticeably improved proportions and paint, more movie accurate, and includes an incredible headsculpt.

When looking at pictures of the Mk45, I have to take a close look at the shoulder construction to see the difference. When I look at a Mk43, it's obvious which scale it is.

Exactly what i plan on doing,its an awesome piece.

It's not the best quality picture and pardon the dust, but i've had both of these next to eachother since i got the 1/4th scale and I'd have to say the paint is just as good if not better... Not sure how anyone could find it inferior at all.

17349504_1248820908505345_164275989_o.jpg

It's not the best quality picture and pardon the dust, but i've had both of these next to eachother since i got the 1/4th scale and I'd have to say the paint is just as good if not better... Not sure how anyone could find it inferior at all.

View attachment 329851

Great pic. The paint on the quarter scale is a killer.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

The mark xliii 1/4 scale looking much better than the 1/6 scale is more a product of that figure just looking like crap in 1/6 scale. The 1/4 scale already looks amazing and comparing it to the 1/6 it looks even better.

The 1/6 scale xlv already looked pretty good so simply blowing that up to 1/4 scale means its going to look just as good.

Also, that's kind of unfair to compare a recent design to one that's already years old, in the case of the power rangers comparison.

3rd party 1/4 head sculpt in-hand pics - turned out pretty good I think. Will post more pics once I put it on Mark 45
007.jpg001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Back