Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take them them out. The cheap Chinese ones corrode pretty quickly.

I see, I am assuming that you're referring to the ones that were included right? If I wish to get better quality ones, ones that I can leave in the figures. Are there any that you can recommend? I've found a few on amazon and ebay but I have no idea if they're equally low quality.

Most battery’s will eventually corrode, even the good ones. But better branded ones last a lot longer.

Yeah I meant the ones that come with the figures. There has been cases where they corrode in weeks. I’ve not had it be an issue so far and I try to change them every few months. But it’s a risk leaving them in.

Most battery’s will eventually corrode, even the good ones. But better branded ones last a lot longer.

Yeah I meant the ones that come with the figures. There has been cases where they corrode in weeks. I’ve not had it be an issue so far and I try to change them every few months. But it’s a risk leaving them in.

Thanks for the reply.

I have also gotten into the habit of just taking out my batteries now as I have spent some time googling around adn I guess the general consensus agree that it's ideal to have the batteries out regardless of quality lol.

Also the screwdrivers work insanely well. I can't imagine not even having to exert much force because the tool itself is just significantly easier to wield and gives me alot more power to turn. Thanks so much for recommending this. It's a life saver

Late to the party, but I have this and the Mk 42 coming in the mail from Popcultcha now. Reading through the whole thread and seeing all the pictures won me over. Can't wait to own yet another thing that will teach me just how little shelf space I have.

Wonder how the 1/4 MIII will be, this MXLV is probably my fave IM suit in QS.

UF8HLSq.jpg

When I first took him out of the box I was nervous about his stability on the rocky base, but he's actually much more stable than the Mk 42 regular's flat grating base.

I am SELLING this custom head sculpt as featured on my youtube channel (and I am also selling the custom weathered ¼ mark 45 you see in the pictures) to finance some more diorama stuff. If you are interested, please PM me! Boxes and all extra's included
beforeafter2.jpg
IMG_4774.jpg
beforeafter1.jpg

Hi, I need advice from those who own both 1/4 and 1/6 Mark 45. Currently, I already have a 1/6 Mark 45. Should I purchase another 1/4 Mark 45 ? Although 1/4 seems to be nicer than 1/6.

Hi, I need advice from those who own both 1/4 and 1/6 Mark 45. Currently, I already have a 1/6 Mark 45. Should I purchase another 1/4 Mark 45 ? Although 1/4 seems to be nicer than 1/6.

Well I can only speak for 1/4 scales because I own 3 of them. And all the 1/4 scale qualities are greater then 1/6 scale. But its my opinion. I'm also adding my collection photo for the 1/4 scales. If you want to buy it just buy don't think too much :rotfl

r3jYA1.jpg

Yeah I own them both (actually have almost every HT IM) but actually feel there are some negativities to the 1/4 Mk. 45 compared to the 1/4 Mk. 42/43 & 1/6 Mk. 45. I’ll try to break it down the best way I can as this is all In my opinion. The first and most obvious which I feel most will agree with is the base is utterly horrible because 2 important reasons. The first is that the sculpted rocks and ultron body make posing and placement very limited and frustrating while the second problem with the base is the offset position of the plastic pole with the included crotch rest just exacerbates problems posing and keeping the 20ish inch figure stable. I’m no stranger to these figures and it amazes me to see people using the crotch rester since my only recourse was to swap out to a 1/6 waist grabber and attach it to the right thigh. Of course the 1/4 Mk. 45 does allow more dynamic poses than the 1/6 counterpart but you’re definitely going to have to use a different base to achieve it.

Ok so now I’ll try to explain some points that are far more subjective including the fact that the 1/6 comes with more accessories than the 1/4. I say this is subjective because it seems many HT collectors don’t seem to care for the thrust effects that are included for the hands and feet on the 1/6 nor are the pink “lasers” widely liked; regardless, the 1/4 doesn’t include much in terms of accessories. Also, I feel as though the paint on the 1/6 is superior to the 1/4 Mk. 45. Sure, the 1/4 sports a typically great HT IM paint job with more detail and weathering than the 1/6 but it lacks that “pop” that is especially present on the gold parts of the 1/6. To my eyes, the lights also appear nicer overall on the 1/6 even though there are fewer of them and the chest RT when lit up seems more convincing on the 1/6 even though it is smaller an a bit less detailed (which might actually help sell the illusion).

Sorry this has gone on forever but I wanted to include as much of my observations as possible. As for the first sentence in this novel, the reason I felt mentioning the 1/4 Mk. 42/43 was basically that upon receiving those AFTER the 1/6 versions, most people, including myself, were blasted with incredible upgrades over the 1/6 variants of the respective armors (that 1/4 Mk. 43 headsculpt is incredible) but this was definitely NOT how I felt after receiving the 1/4 Mk. 45. These are just opinions from a collector who isn’t extremely picky but is obsessed with Iron Man AND actually has an additional MISB 1/4 Mk. 45 for sale.

I've both and both are spectacular!! The 1/4 Mk. XLV is probably my most favorite IM figure, the size and detail are magnificent.

Can anyone provide me with pictures of this figure next to a Sideshow Premium Format figure? Preferably Thor or Captain America or Thanos Or Hulk. So curious of about the scale in real life when i display them all together.

Back