Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qHiudKA.jpg

YYI3ZEq.jpg

XQDcUZA.jpg

abEYGsh.jpg

RqRSLEl.jpg

The length of the neck always puts me off getting this guy. The 1/6 looks much better proportioned.

They look pretty similar to me. That suit was all CGI, and that's how it looks in the movie. I think it's odd too, but not off-putting to the point I wouldn't allow it into my collection :)

Hi I was wondering how anyone even fitted batteries in? The screws are tight AF, and the worst problem is it doesn't even come with a dedicated screwdriver, so I was forced to use one from my other 1/6 HT figures, and it was impossible to unscrew the one on the lower legs and arms.

Buy a nice jeweler screw driver. You can get them for like 10 bucks or less for a cheap one. Has many bits and will work much better. It’s what I had to do.

Buy a nice jeweler screw driver. You can get them for like 10 bucks or less for a cheap one. Has many bits and will work much better. It’s what I had to do.

I see, thanks for the response. Where can I buyy a set of reliable ones, and which brand should I look out for/avoid? I literally googled this and found a pair from Stanley on Amazon, but I am not experienced enough to know if they are the ones you were referring to.

Also, these jewelery screw drivers will be of better quality and won't be as likely to strip the screws right? because I think from exerting too much force, I am arleady beginning to strip some of the screws on this 1/4 model

I see, thanks for the response. Where can I buyy a set of reliable ones, and which brand should I look out for/avoid? I literally googled this and found a pair from Stanley on Amazon, but I am not experienced enough to know if they are the ones you were referring to.

Also, these jewelery screw drivers will be of better quality and won't be as likely to strip the screws right? because I think from exerting too much force, I am arleady beginning to strip some of the screws on this 1/4 model

No worries. I’ll put a link at the end of this post, should give you an idea what to look for. This is the same one I have it it works great.

And yeah it will help not strip the heads. I stripped, or nearly, the head on my mk42 years ago and that’s why I went with something like these. Even after I nearly strippped it they worked to get it out. Multiple bits allow you enough options to get out any one hot toys uses.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Jackly-45-in...847656&hash=item3afb1db79f:g:3s8AAOSwPzhaOb-o

No worries. I’ll put a link at the end of this post, should give you an idea what to look for. This is the same one I have it it works great.

And yeah it will help not strip the heads. I stripped, or nearly, the head on my mk42 years ago and that’s why I went with something like these. Even after I nearly strippped it they worked to get it out. Multiple bits allow you enough options to get out any one hot toys uses.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Jackly-45-in...847656&hash=item3afb1db79f:g:3s8AAOSwPzhaOb-o

Thank you so much. I did a bit of research and I guess this is indeed one of the best deals available.

Just to be sure, this works for all Ht Ironman right? Like 1/4, 1/6 and Hulkbuster?

It does. I used mine on all all three 1/4s all the 1/6 iron man figures and hulkbuster. Should work on pretty much anything

It does. I used mine on all all three 1/4s all the 1/6 iron man figures and hulkbuster. Should work on pretty much anything

Thanks for the reassurance, this helped a great deal.

As I have prime, I generally prefer buying from AMazon as I don't really like waiting for a week.

This is the exact same as the one you recommended right?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JRTAYG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2RH0PPBO40JAD&psc=1

Also, I know this isn't the right place to ask, but you have MK 42 and 43 as well right? Do you know approximately when they were released? Were they released back in say 2012 and 2015 when IM3 and AOU was released? Or were they released after?

Hey. No worries. I use amazon as well. That one from the link i am unsure about. Here’s one I found that’s nearly the same as mine.

https://www.amazon.com/ORIA-Screwdr...pID=51-3yUQMK-L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

As for the 42/43 they both came out a little after the films I think. The 42 was around 2 years after when it officially released I believe and the 43 was 6 months to a year after AoU. The 42 was the first die cast and from pre HPP so its a little longer after. Back then most figures came out well after films. Usually not announced till after the film was out. Now it’s usually a year from the film release date till a totally new main film figure die cast comes out. Unless it’s a repaint like the 43 or the 47 then its a little faster.

Hey. No worries. I use amazon as well. That one from the link i am unsure about. Here’s one I found that’s nearly the same as mine.

https://www.amazon.com/ORIA-Screwdr...pID=51-3yUQMK-L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

As for the 42/43 they both came out a little after the films I think. The 42 was around 2 years after when it officially released I believe and the 43 was 6 months to a year after AoU. The 42 was the first die cast and from pre HPP so its a little longer after. Back then most figures came out well after films. Usually not announced till after the film was out. Now it’s usually a year from the film release date till a totally new main film figure die cast comes out. Unless it’s a repaint like the 43 or the 47 then its a little faster.
Thanks so much for the info, I have ordered it. Hope it'll work out better than the low quality screwdrivers HT gave me.

I have to ask though, is it normal for my 1/4 MK45 to NOT have screws drivers included? What if some peoplebought this as their first Ironman collectible, wouldn't they be screwed then? Also thanks for the info about the 1/4 models, knowing that 42 and 43 were released more recent than I imagined made me want them more. I was just reluctant to buy HT models from before 2014/2015 because I think they did a better job with paint and articulation for newer models.

No problem. Glad to help. Let me know how you like it.

Yeah the newer stuff is definitely better then the older stuff. Anything IM3 or beyond or diecast is pretty great.

Yeah for some reason only some figures come with the screwdrivers. Even at 1/6 scale. There’s like 30-40 iron man figures if you count reissues or updates (maybe more) and only some of them have the screwdriver. No idea why.

No problem. Glad to help. Let me know how you like it.

Yeah the newer stuff is definitely better then the older stuff. Anything IM3 or beyond or diecast is pretty great.

Yeah for some reason only some figures come with the screwdrivers. Even at 1/6 scale. There’s like 30-40 iron man figures if you count reissues or updates (maybe more) and only some of them have the screwdriver. No idea why.

I'll keep you posted, good thing PRime is fast so I will be able to receive it today.

And yeah I definitely agree, and even IMO IM3 Diecast wasn't that well done, the paint, articulation and overall feel greatly differs from say the MKVI or even the MK47 (another one I recently purchased). That being said, I am surprised because I imagine a good number of people are like me, new collectors and just downright confused as to what's going on half the time. Without having a dedicated screwdriver, everything becomes all the more confusing because I can't imagine every HT collector having a set of dedicated "precision" screwdrivers targetted towards these tiny screws.

That being said, would you recommend leaving the batteries in the figure or taking them out? The process of placing them in is already heinous enough, but I've read around and people have noted that they're afraid to leave it in because they're worried the batteries might leak? is this generally the case for HT batteries?

I would take them them out. The cheap Chinese ones corrode pretty quickly.

Back