Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Yup ... started weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys. I've recently received my 1/4 Mark 45 and man that figure is gorgeous! But i have difficulty with the screws to the battery compartments. They are tight! Anyone has the same issue? Any solutions?

Hi guys. I've recently received my 1/4 Mark 45 and man that figure is gorgeous! But i have difficulty with the screws to the battery compartments. They are tight! Anyone has the same issue? Any solutions?

Use a good, correctly sized Phillips Head. The ones that HT include in some of their figures is terrible. Can't remember if this comes with one of those crappy little screwdrivers because I never use them.

Use a good, correctly sized Phillips Head. The ones that HT include in some of their figures is terrible. Can't remember if this comes with one of those crappy little screwdrivers because I never use them.
The figure comes with 2 different screw size; the bigger one is extremely tighly screwed. So far only managed to unscrew both arms and the left leg. The manual is crappy as it does not advise on the correctly sized screwdriver to use, so it's a hit and miss with each try. Lol..

If you're using the right size of screwdriver it should not be too hard to remove a screw. If you have to really force it, you're probably using the wrong size and risk stripping the screw, at which point you'll either have to take power tools to the figure or stop using the lights.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The figure comes with 2 different screw size; the bigger one is extremely tighly screwed. So far only managed to unscrew both arms and the left leg. The manual is crappy as it does not advise on the correctly sized screwdriver to use, so it's a hit and miss with each try. Lol..

I had a similar problem with my mark 43 1:4. The battery compartment of one of the legs would never unscrew.

I was desperate so I tried something crazy. I put a tiny bit of super glue at the point of my screwdriver which was the correct size. Then inserted it in the screw and waited 10 minutes. Then gave it a good twist. It worked and both the screw and screwdriver weren't damaged since I used a very small amount of glue.

But as I said, that was a desperate measure. Watch out. :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I've never gotten too adventurous with Hot Toys screws, but years ago when I was doing a bit of PC work I always found decent quality tools was a must. Too easy to strip a head using a cheap random "cross head" from a cheap chain store kit.

And, (this in general for any screw driving) people do forget that a posidrive and philips head are not the same. Use the correct one for the right head. And probably the other really bad mistake people make is if 4 screws are holding something, they'll do each screw one at a time. You should switch between each screw gradually for anything like that. I don't know if that applies to a HT because I leave the Iron Man screw compartments alone..

If you're using the right size of screwdriver it should not be too hard to remove a screw. If you have to really force it, you're probably using the wrong size and risk stripping the screw, at which point you'll either have to take power tools to the figure or stop using the lights.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks. Any indication what the correct size of screwdriver needed for this? I'll probably drop by hardware store to get a new one; just want to be sure i get the correct one.

even with postage, total would be $370. vs $550 from Sideshow.

It's a scam. Pretty easy to see that. Just check out the feedback, it's all for junk under ten bucks and suddenly they have a 550 dollar item for 500 bucks off?

Back