Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Hmm, I thought the 45 comes with the gun arm INSTEAD of the regular arm that came with 43, not both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. You are correct. That's my mistake. Sorry about that

Got mine today, its huge! I had loose magnets as well gonna super glue em on. Im impressed so far...

I hear the cold plays a part in that.

Seems to be a common problem. Same issue here. Other than that, stunning.

I really like Iron Man 1/6 scale, but even the best of the bunch, the 45, doesn't compare to the 45 in 1/4 scale.

This thing is a beast.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Agreed after spending some more time with it,installing the batteries which took forever and a day,various posing ect yeah this figure trumps all the ironmen I've collected and probably most everything else in 1/6 ive got. Engineering on this thing is truly amazing...only thing that could make it better would be a Tony headsculpt.

Yep. You are correct. That's my mistake. Sorry about that

I hear the cold plays a part in that.

Yeah I was thinking the same, it's cold as **** here in Nebraska. It's cool tho the fix was easy enough.

Got my figure yesterday and man, it is a work of beauty. Quick question though...does anyone else have a problem with the mouth slit on the mask sitting flush with the mouth slit on the chin part of the helmet? The mouth part of the mask protrudes maybe 1/16 inch outward from a perfectly flush position, which sounds negligible but is enough to bother me. It's particularly obvious when viewing the figure from the side...it's as though the mask is just barely unable to fall completely into place. If I press down firmly on the mask, it sits in place correctly, but it returns to its "non-flush" position when I stop applying force. Any suggestions?

Got my figure yesterday and man, it is a work of beauty. Quick question though...does anyone else have a problem with the mouth slit on the mask sitting flush with the mouth slit on the chin part of the helmet? The mouth part of the mask protrudes maybe 1/16 inch outward from a perfectly flush position, which sounds negligible but is enough to bother me. It's particularly obvious when viewing the figure from the side...it's as though the mask is just barely unable to fall completely into place. If I press down firmly on the mask, it sits in place correctly, but it returns to its "non-flush" position when I stop applying force. Any suggestions?

same as mine. ıts not bothering me at all.. I'm still happy with it. :rotfl

I've had a few issues with the faceplate magnets on figures in the past. Maybe the glue they use isn't the highest quality? It's not something that bothers me all that much because once you re-glue them they're absolutely fine. It isn't really too much trouble gluing them back on, I remember my Ant-Man came without any at all!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Same thing for mine. I had to get up really close to see what you are talking about. Yeah the mask isn't perfectly flush to the chin, but to me that doesn't take away from the overall quality.

At least for me, I had to get up really close to see.

So with them doing the XLII,XLIII,XLV all in 1/4 scale, chances are good they are going to do the XLVI as well right? I'm tempted to invest in a 1/4 scale IM.

So with them doing the XLII,XLIII,XLV all in 1/4 scale, chances are good they are going to do the XLVI as well right? I'm tempted to invest in a 1/4 scale IM.

It's hard to guess. But it seems HT is more keen on doing 1/4 marks than 1/4 star wars figures. So I think mark 46 is a good bet.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Mark XLVI in 1/4....drool. Wonder if they'll go back and do any of the older armors. I kind of hope they don't for my wallet's sake. Marks III and VI in Quarter scale would be musts for me.

Mark XLVI in 1/4....drool. Wonder if they'll go back and do any of the older armors. I kind of hope they don't for my wallet's sake. Marks III and VI in Quarter scale would be musts for me.

Well, at least when they announce a 1/4 scale figure, it takes about a year until until release to the U. S.

Completely new engineering, so time helps soften the pricing blow.

As far as 1/4 scale goes I'm happy enough with my 43. It's when they start doing the 'classic' armours that I'll really be tested.

As far as 1/4 scale goes I'm happy enough with my 43. It's when they start doing the 'classic' armours that I'll really be tested.

Yeah I could see myself picking up a MK2 and MK4 maybe a MK7 in 1/4,Id be good then.

got mine in yesterday. only complaint i have was when i unboxed it, one of the magnets for the helmet plate came off. this is literally the third hot toys figure i have that had magnet issues on those iron man helmet magnets. i don't know what glue they're using but seems to be not holding up. simply glue did the trick, but doesn't look good to unbox a new item and see loose magnets with dried glue stains detached.

That's unfortunately REALLY common with their Iron Man figures. I've had this issue with a few - yeah, their glue is not all that strong.

They don't use super glue because it can eat the plastic. The other glue is fine, unless it's hot or cold. Lol sadly, in the summer a container ship is hot as hell and in the winter it's cold. So is the ups trucks.

I hate UPS. Mine was supposed to be delivered today. Now pushed to the 27th, on a 3 day delivery. Left Sideshow on the 19th. Went from California to Kentucky. I live in Oregon.....

I hate UPS. Mine was supposed to be delivered today. Now pushed to the 27th, on a 3 day delivery. Left Sideshow on the 19th. Went from California to Kentucky. I live in Oregon.....
That happened to me too recently. Ordered a Kyl Ren for my son for xmas and it went from them out to the UPS shipping hub in Illinois then to me. I live in San Diego about 3 hours south of them and it usually takes one day to get here. It took a week and a half.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

That happened to me too recently. Ordered a Kyl Ren for my son for xmas and it went from them out to the UPS shipping hub in Illinois then to me. I live in San Diego about 3 hours south of them and it usually takes one day to get here. It took a week and a half.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

That's some kinda bull***** there... USPS isn't much better in my area... I live in Buffalo, NY... About an hour 1/2 drive to Rochester NY... I get event greeting cards throughout the year from friends and relatives in the area, but they always go to Rochester or Syracuse first... Sometimes even Albany. That's the opposite of efficient. No Logic in Logistics I guess.

I hear/see so many people complain about UPS, but UPS is actually really great in this area... One of the biggest hubs/warehouses on the east coast is in Buffalo and it's like a revolving door there because they have pretty much zero tolerance for any shenanigans. Quite a few of my current co-workers worked there for short times because the work is tough and if you can't keep up with the pace they set, you're useless to them. I went to apply to drive a delivery truck, but you have to work your way up to it, which can take up to 15 years depending on how many people retire... They don't even require a CDL for it, which I have and is the reason I wanted to apply for that job specifically.

Last edited:

Just got mine and damn it's sick ... what type of glue are you guys using for the magnet? My faceplate wasn't even on when I opened the box ha

Also I initially thought the paint on mine was screwed up on the gold section of the left side of the abdomen there was some red ... I damn near freaked out but there are similar spots on the gold sections of each shoulder. Same for anyone else?

Also I initially thought the paint on mine was screwed up on the gold section of the left side of the abdomen there was some red ... I damn near freaked out but there are similar spots on the gold sections of each shoulder. Same for anyone else?

No red in the gold parts of mine at all... just the grayish weathering scratches. I gave it a real thorough inspection when it came in.

15658841_1178042538916516_475943188_o.jpg

15658692_1178043532249750_1362078237_o.jpg

Back