Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

791bbab08d00d1557d7ba560d0f61dda.jpg
5e297bb0808332156746ed485a1cf108.jpg
00be274c9f2f5f28c4d95e2568b87d1d.jpg
84a9d83f815f4b976c8a17191d527dc5.jpg
5424623d2532922a34c9c6dd945b03e1.jpg
3065fefdd1c3e46cc6a1d22566127230.jpg

Just compared both 1/4 side by side in ACGHK, the MK43 prototype is much better than MK45 prototype. 43 got more details and accessories. If not a big fan of 45, seems 43 is a better choice with lower price, head sculpture, etc

If 45 got scratched version, I might reconsider. I think it looks better without scratches on her golden red scheme and human like body shape.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

Even in the movie when the Mark 3 was brand new it still had dirt and dings on it. It makes it more visually interesting.

View attachment 199459

Yeah, I think the armors should have a little wear and tear on them but I agree with Jesse that the Mark 45 should be mostly new and shinny. I don't want all armors to look like they have been in battle. The 45 was the perfect candidate for a clean look.

Also, how great is that Mark III shot. I know I keep bringing up a Mark III 1/4 scale but HT has got to make one man. I think we should start a Mark III (and Mark VI and VII :monkey3) hype thread.

And I don't like how HT does business. HT made a lucky draw to pre-order in the show. For those are not lucky enough, they cannot order it in the show. I was about to order it but found out that I am not blessed... And being blocked at the counter... Those VIP policy and selling strategy make me feel sick. I don't care to get that stupid extra head at all. What I want is just simply book it, not concerning on the special exclusive item... HT made this strategy to keep limited items price rise in the second hand market... And helping those distributors gain more. But those toy lovers usually need to pay a high premium to get those items...

Whats the point to pay them or beg for a toy I like? I think I will not pre-order this 1/4 MK45, cool off by their way doing business.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

And I don't like how HT does business. HT made a lucky draw to pre-order in the show. For those are not lucky enough, they cannot order it in the show. I was about to order it but found out that I am not blessed... And being blocked at the counter... Those VIP policy and selling strategy make me feel sick. I don't care to get that stupid extra head at all. What I want is just simply book it, not concerning on the special exclusive item... HT made this strategy to keep limited items price rise in the second hand market... And helping those distributors gain more. But those toy lovers usually need to pay a high premium to get those items...

Whats the point to pay them or beg for a toy I like? I think I will not pre-order this 1/4 MK45, cool off by their way doing business.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

chill out man, i understand your frustration. last year toy show they employed a first come first serve
policy. this year they changed it to a lucky draw. just any policy will not suit every one, some one is
bound to feel unhappy. acutally i think this year's arrangement is better than last year. but there is
always room for improvement.
if i read HT's announcement correctly, those lucky draw items, including the 1/4 scale mark 45
will be opened for PO at SB starting on 1st Aug.

chill out man, i understand your frustration. last year toy show they employed a first come first serve
policy. this year they changed it to a lucky draw. just any policy will not suit every one, some one is
bound to feel unhappy. acutally i think this year's arrangement is better than last year. but there is
always room for improvement.
if i read HT's announcement correctly, those lucky draw items, including the 1/4 scale mark 45
will be opened for PO at SB starting on 1st Aug.
Thanks for info, understandable.

Seems got other options on 1/4 43 and 45. Would like to see what Comicave Studio will deliver also.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 E6553 發送

Was there an exclusive pack in for ordering at the show?

no, its just a pre-order. the difference is you can PO the exclusive version(with bonus accessories at the same price) at the show.
while the ordinary version starts PO on 1st Aug.

Yeah, I think the armors should have a little wear and tear on them but I agree with Jesse that the Mark 45 should be mostly new and shinny. I don't want all armors to look like they have been in battle. The 45 was the perfect candidate for a clean look.

Also, how great is that Mark III shot. I know I keep bringing up a Mark III 1/4 scale but HT has got to make one man. I think we should start a Mark III (and Mark VI and VII :monkey3) hype thread.

I think they done a fantastic job with the weathering effect on the mark 43 1/4 scale, it works beautifully with that figure. With this one not so much tho.

I also love how they gave the new mark III that pristine look, looks great.

I think it looks fantastic. To me the 45 is the first armor that makes Stark look like a superhero, not just a guy in a suit of armor. It just has a vibe about it.

If they made the hand guard smaller, I will consider it cause right now it looks like a burger bun guarding his hands.

Some more photos from AGCHK, hope you guys don't mind seeing so many similar shots of this guy

20057521565_c92f4577c0_o_d.jpg

19436529103_aaacb0606b_o_d.jpg

20031237746_90df3ecdfd_o_d.jpg

20057528295_5060c18f28_o_d.jpg

I take my changes with 1/4 mark 45 which i saw have prestine red golden armor.. Agreed with brothers here that this makr45 should be shinning like mark 3 dc .. About the way HT trick collectors with "exclusive" i hope next year no more like this.. Maybe exclusive is with batlle damage accesories / HS and non exclusive is standart no weathering efffect .. At least all collectors can PO any figure ..

Back