Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Res pg 24 Post# 240

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_15.jpg

up_16.jpg

up_17.jpg

up_18.jpg

up_19.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_1.jpg

Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

That's what they all are. The main reason to change the armor or costumes or look is the same reasons you listed for the hpp. If there was no hpp then Tony is dead. As the 42 didn't exactly do much and the other main armors where destroyed. Plot device or not. Every single thing in a movie is a plot device. Everything is fabricated or bought or painted or written for the plot of the film. So saying the hpp where a plot device..yep. Them and everything else.

And from mk2 to 45 every single armor is only changed for the same thing. Plot devices and merchandising. Otherwise you just fix the broken one and update it with better weapons. Maybe paint. Until it's perfect. Not make a completly new armor. The mk6 and he mk45 and starboost is all the same in that regard.

Yes and no. I think you miss my main point on the evolution of the main armor for Iron Man.

Iron Man 3 implies that Tony has been making armors like a crazy person with post traumatic stress. We don't see him being Iron Man in any of those HPP armors so to me those armors are there for visual impact/plot device and nothing more. Yes, Tony can hop on any of those armors during the final fight in IM3, but they all have their own power supply (don't need Tony's reactor to function) and are independently controlled by Jarvis. None of those are Iron Man to me...they are just dispensable novelties that in the end get self-destructed for no reason whatsoever. Let's face it: if it wasn't new armor designs 8 through 41 it would have been something else that would have sold less unique toys (Iron Legion).

Again, regarding the evolution of what we see Tony wearing while being Iron Man on film, we go from a beefed up Mark 7 that had plenty of weaponry for the occasion to a sleeker mentally remote controlled 42. That's where the evolution took us then. Now we go from the repaint model 43 to a more organic looking 45. Where they go from here will be interesting.

The price and how it faired in the movie scares a lot of people away from this piece. That's understandable. I think the final product and in-hand pics are going to blow people away! It's going to be fantastic! I'm curious as to what the secret accessory is going to be, hopefully it's a TS head sculpt. I bet that would get a lot of people's attention for sure. Anyone have any ideas? Other than a TS head sculpt, I can't imagine anything else worthwhile.

The price and how it faired in the movie scares a lot of people away from this piece. That's understandable. I think the final product and in-hand pics are going to blow people away! It's going to be fantastic! I'm curious as to what the secret accessory is going to be, hopefully it's a TS head sculpt. I bet that would get a lot of people's attention for sure. Anyone have any ideas? Other than a TS head sculpt, I can't imagine anything else worthwhile.
A Tony Stark head sculpt is actually what I was thinking it might be! It seems kinda unlikely, but the idea isn't totally farfetched.

Ugh, I hope it isn't. It would just be a recast of the one I'm already getting with the 1/4 MK43. The Core from the Sokovia battle or something like that would be cool, though.

Back