Action Figure Article: Hot Toys QS006- Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheres' the love for this armor? I would agree bargain wise, the mk 43 is better mainly due to the TS head sculpt. Armor wise, this is far superior as far as looks go IMHO. The 43 is really the same stuff we've seen before, very square and mechanical looking with a flipped paint job. Time to move forward and that's what the sleeker more organic look presents, and I would bet that was Tony's thinking when he created this one. The 1/6 version of this is great as well, I just love the extra detail and lighting features here. Not bashing 43, it is nice, just sayin' it's time to move on! I'm pretty sure we'll see more sleek, organic armors like this going forward. This, shotgun and HB is it for me, then I'm moving on from Iron man LOL!

Re: Hot Toys QS006 - Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLV Collectible Figure

The shots below sell me the armor. The order page at Sideshow and the little screen time in the movie do not. I think that's the problem with this armor and how it's perceived. It needed a very memorable/signature moment in the film to make it stand out.

As the armor evolves, both Mark 43 and 45 are equally significant. The 43 represents to me the last of the Jarvis OS "mechanical" armors. The 45 is the evolution that starts to go into full superhero comic book organic look.

b7ed9c3bjw1euctbadx22j20k00qogp6.jpg

b7ed9c3bjw1euctbeiqy3j20k00qodjb.jpg

Last edited:
Wheres' the love for this armor? I would agree bargain wise, the mk 43 is better mainly due to the TS head sculpt. Armor wise, this is far superior as far as looks go IMHO. The 43 is really the same stuff we've seen before, very square and mechanical looking with a flipped paint job. Time to move forward and that's what the sleeker more organic look presents, and I would bet that was Tony's thinking when he created this one. The 1/6 version of this is great as well, I just love the extra detail and lighting features here. Not bashing 43, it is nice, just sayin' it's time to move on! I'm pretty sure we'll see more sleek, organic armors like this going forward. This, shotgun and HB is it for me, then I'm moving on from Iron man LOL!

No love for this armor from me, simply because to me... MECHANICAL IS IRON MAN.

I don't want Iron Man looking organic and alien, and to me that looks stupid.
It loses the basic charm of Tony Stark inside the metal armor suit.

The Mark 45 is taking the look too far into the comic book realm, where all of what
made the Iron Man franchise so great was based more in the real world take on it.
Even the faceplate on Mark 45 has gotten too cartoony, looking kind of angry and bug-eyed at the same time.

Obviously, all this is IMHO and your mileage may vary, but Mark 42/43 and Marks 1-7 are pure Iron Man suits.

Lastly, because I have posted it ten times before, I cannot stand the silver hexagon cutout around the arc reactor :monkey4

I don't see where the armor can evolve more than it did with the 43. The fact that the 43 was just a repainted 42 tells you that they didn't know where to go from that point other than the organic 45.

Iron Man was already into The Guyver and Neon Genesis Evangelion look around the time that his popularity picked up because of the movies (10 years or so). I am surprised it took this long for them to match/evolve to that comic book look. Just compare the original Sideshow Comiquette to where they are going with this...

Some of you movie purist will have a hard time going forward with these films if this evolution continues...

I don't see where the armor can evolve more than it did with the 43. The fact that the 43 was just a repainted 42 tells you that they didn't know where to go from that point other than the organic 45.

Iron Man was already into The Guyver and Neon Genesis Evangelion look around the time that his popularity picked up because of the movies (10 years or so). I am surprised it took this long for them to match/evolve to that comic book look. Just compare the original Sideshow Comiquette to where they are going with this...

Some of you movie purist will have a hard time going forward with these films if this evolution continues...

Agreed! Some people just have a hard time with change. At some point every character changes, that's just life! At some point many people would've insisted on an upgraded armor.

The Mark 45 is taking the look too far into the comic book realm, where all of what
made the Iron Man franchise so great was based more in the real world take on it.
Even the faceplate on Mark 45 has gotten too cartoony, looking kind of angry and bug-eyed at the same time.

Obviously, all this is IMHO and your mileage may vary, but Mark 42/43 and Marks 1-7 are pure Iron Man suits.

Lastly, because I have posted it ten times before, I cannot stand the silver hexagon cutout around the arc reactor :monkey4

Alien, that's your opinion, as aliens come in many different forms, there's no one type! so does a mechanical Iron man. Just because the suit is organic doesn't mean it's not mechanical, just a futuristic take. Tony Stark has charm regardless of what suit he wears IMO, as a matter of fact, the suit pays homage to Tony as he believes in moving forward and being innovative. It's okay though, I respect your opinion, no harm no foul. Just one collector's opinion vs the other.

Agreed! Some people just have a hard time with change. At some point every character changes, that's just life! At some point many people would've insisted on an upgraded armor.

That's just it though. Instead of moving forward the only thing they could have done is mix and match looks/features from popular armors like the 3, 4, 6 and 7. Grab something from one or the other to create a slightly new look.

Trust me: the moment these "alien" armors do something cool on screen it becomes significant...and most skeptic Iron Man fans will learn to love it and then gotta have it.

That's just it though. Instead of moving forward the only thing they could have done is mix and match looks/features from popular armors like the 3, 4, 6 and 7. Grab something from one or the other to create a slightly new look.

Trust me: the moment these "alien" armors do something cool on screen it becomes significant...and most skeptic Iron Man fans will learn to love it and then gotta have it.

Luckily, for me that on-screen action has nothing to do with it.
It was more about just being a pure classic iron man suit that made me want to purchase it.

To me, the Mark 45 is the worst looking of his suits thus far. I don't care for most
of the house party protocol suits either though, to be fair.

If the Guyver-Iron Man hybrids continue, that is just more $$$$ staying in my pocket. Which I have no problem with, lol.

The shots below sell me the armor. The order page at Sideshow and the little screen time in the movie do not. I think that's the problem with this armor and how it's perceived. It needed a very memorable/signature moment in the film to make it stand out.

As the armor evolves, both Mark 43 and 45 are equally significant. The 43 represents to me the last of the Jarvis OS "mechanical" armors. The 45 is the evolution that starts to go into full superhero comic book organic look.

Screen time is kinda irrelavent to the suits. There are nearly 40 with less then 5 seconds of screen time.

Screen time is kinda irrelavent to the suits. There are nearly 40 with less then 5 seconds of screen time.

Totally agree! For me, I purchase what I like based mostly on aesthetics, because screen time and how the character faired in a movie is irrelevant IMO. I either like what I see or not. If Hulkbuster sucked in the movie, it doesn't take away from the engineering and detail that went into that figure, It is still a great figure! But hey, I'm not the judge of how people should spend THEIR money and no one has to justify that either, just doesn't make much sense to me, but that's just me lol!

The HPP suits were obviously created to sell toys, a gimmick/visual plot device or all of the above.

I was talking about the evolution of the main armor that the Tony Stark character wears for the most part. Mark 3, 4, 6, 7, 42 and 43 would fall in that category.

Listen I think it is great that people can choose an armour they enjoy and purchase. There are so many options and will continue to be more options.

That being said, if we are talking about the design of this armour and why ppl may not like it as much, I am totally in agreement with this quote above. Totally totally. Almost took the thoughts out of my brain haha. I always liked the more mechanical Iron Man suits. And I agree it looks more grounded, and more human in its design and inspiration.
MKIII is my Favorite due to it still being very mechanical and yet simple. Not too much unnessary elements to it. The 43 is just so industrial in design and very mechanical. Very complex, but still looks like Tony built it with his hands.
The 45 is just too super hero-y. IM is a superhero yes, but I always place Tony as more of a builder and workman. Rich, blue collar type guy haha (I know that doesn't make sense). But the suit just doesn't scream Iron Man to me anymore. But again, that is why I AM not buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HPP suits were obviously created to sell toys, a gimmick/visual plot device or all of the above.

I was talking about the evolution of the main armor that the Tony Stark character wears for the most part. Mark 3, 4, 6, 7, 42 and 43 would fall in that category.

That's what they all are. The main reason to change the armor or costumes or look is the same reasons you listed for the hpp. If there was no hpp then Tony is dead. As the 42 didn't exactly do much and the other main armors where destroyed. Plot device or not. Every single thing in a movie is a plot device. Everything is fabricated or bought or painted or written for the plot of the film. So saying the hpp where a plot device..yep. Them and everything else.

And from mk2 to 45 every single armor is only changed for the same thing. Plot devices and merchandising. Otherwise you just fix the broken one and update it with better weapons. Maybe paint. Until it's perfect. Not make a completly new armor. The mk6 and he mk45 and starboost is all the same in that regard.

Much love here,I put this armor in my top 5 favorite suits from the movies. Getting both 1/6 and 1/4 scale of this suit it's ****ing fantastic.

Much love here,I put this armor in my top 5 favorite suits from the movies. Getting both 1/6 and 1/4 scale of this suit it's ****ing fantastic.

:hi5: The 45 is my favorite armor of them all, though the 43 is a very close second. I've got the 1/6 on pre-order and I definitely plan on getting the 1/4 as well!

Back