Angel Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus. Wish we could get a better looking Buffy. Like, if we honestly were allowed one last piece in this line, I'd opt for a better Buffy. I can't justify paying anything above $350-$400 for this piece.

If anyone here is still awaiting the wait list to convert, it can still happen. They have to hold so many back and as long as there are no issues with exchanges, it will open some up.

Mine is perfect so we know there's no exchange here.

Great photos everybody. I do like him, but as some of you are saying there do appear to be issues with him sadly.

Definitely not worth that amount of money imo. Thrones quite nice though, but still not sold on that likeness.

Definitely not worth that amount of money imo. Thrones quite nice though, but still not sold on that likeness.

I'd have to agree at that price tag, and I even own it. :lol I really like it, but it's undoubtedly an acquired taste.

#16 has landed! He looks great, in my opinion.
Just one potential issue. Does anyone else's lean forward a bit much in his pose? Is it supposed to be like that? Not really noticeable if he is placed high up, but anything lower than eye level just looks weird, especially from the side. :dunno

#16 has landed! He looks great, in my opinion.
Just one potential issue. Does anyone else's lean forward a bit much in his pose? Is it supposed to be like that? Not really noticeable if he is placed high up, but anything lower than eye level just looks weird, especially from the side. :dunno

Mine definitely leans as well. I looked at that the stock photos on the SSC website and the degree is comparable to that. I agree though, at first I was a little 'thrown back' but then I checked that all feet was flush with the base (and they were.) Then, I checked out the other pictures and just shrugged it off.

I agree with your assessment though.

Mine definitely leans as well.

Mine too. I also checked the proto pics and it seems to be the same.

I received #155/250 and all looks good so far. Sorry to hear about the issues with the piece you received. I was praying that you would get a perfect one, but it didn't work. :(

Just hope they get you fixed right up, so you can enjoy your Angel statue again. :)

Great photos to those who have been able to share!!! Making me contemplate paying off flex early to get him in : )

FedEx delivered Angel this morning! I'll get him out of his box as soon as I have a minute. I hope I'm wrong about this statue. I really want to like it.

The statue is nice. You will like it, and it's not the worst one in the line. There's just nothing wow about it. I wouldn't say I don't like it, I just wouldn't really rate it high. I still consider it important to the line. But would have happily traded out Angel to get a Xander or Giles instead, since they were much more important to Buffy - The Series, then Angel was.

Ok, I just got Angel out. No problems whatsoever assembling him and the base. My concerns have disappeared almost completely. I still think the paint apps are slightly sloppy, but as I suspected, he looks MUCH better in person. That said, he is tanner than he should and I agree with those who said that his eyes on the human portrait look kind of Asian. I really wanted to display him with his human portrait, but I just can't, I don't like his expression. No problems with his game face though. I agree with you, BG, no wow factor, but not a bad statue at all. I got exclusive #8/250.

We have found a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Collectibles Angel Statue Sideshow Exclusive for you! Your wait list reservation for this item is due to become a live order on 2012-06-08. Your item will then ship out to you shortly after that!

Yay! My waitlist just converted! :elefant:elefant:elefant Just when I'd lost all hope :p

See, we told you not to worry. ;) I am really happy for you.

Back