Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics, I thinkyou are right, it does look best from the top. Maybe I'll put it on a bottom shelf so it is seen from an angle. Well if I can get it anyway.

I can see that..I was initionally skipping the Styrac and Deino..but I decided to go all out on this line and just do my best to get them all...of course this one being Allosaurus really sealed it for me.. ;)

These are also a better investment than what I buying before so I get to buy something cool and have piece of mind it won't rot like my latex pieces or fade and get brittle like paper products. ;D

Getting all the ones I really liked was my original plan, but I know there is no way I can do that now. The maquettes I still intend to be a completist on though so those with other lines I like may cause me to pass on some of the dios.

Well I see the black rim is still present..I get to play with it a bit then... lol

Does anyone know if the feet on the Camarasaur are correct ? I can't seem to find a good image of a camara trackway to see if it's pad on the bottom is supposed to be horseshoe shaped or not like some other species of sauropod. Where is Scar when I need him..heh heh

All these pieces really seem to desire a 360 view point...which mostly we can't give them. I'm going to try and be content viewing it from the front, back, and running Allo side.

They def aren't thinking of standard shelves anymore with this design and the long skyward arcing tail of the Velociraptor...that trend wil prob continue with the Spino, Stego, and massive Apato.. ;D lol

Interesting how they "freshened" the snout wound on the grounded Allosaurus. In the stock photos, it looked like an old scar.

Interesting how they "freshened" the snout wound on the grounded Allosaurus. In the stock photos, it looked like an old scar.

Yeah..not really digging that myself..I can still imagine it works though.

Did the flash really wash this piece out a lot PRTCLR ? I was trying to check paint apps by your pics and wasn't getting very far.. :lol

Yeah..not really digging that myself..I can still imagine it works though.

Did the flash really wash this piece out a lot PRTCLR ? I was trying to check paint apps by your pics and wasn't getting very far.. :lol

I would say yes, the colors look more vivid and a lot more shades to it.

thanks for the pics PRTCLR! now i just can't wait to receive mine, when, istill don't know, still got no notice from my LCS here in the philippines. anyway, can i (we) request for some pics of this piece with the other dinosauria pieces? please?:pray: i just want to have an idea on how this dio sizes up with the others. does it really measure up to 28" in length? oh my, i still can't imagine how big this is...:horror

Our local retailer said that he will be able to send my dio sometime in August....damn

But he also assured me that in case he screws up my order, he'll send me an exclusive dio instead of the regular dio I ordered.

Last edited:
thanks for the pics PRTCLR! now i just can't wait to receive mine, when, istill don't know, still got no notice from my LCS here in the philippines. anyway, can i (we) request for some pics of this piece with the other dinosauria pieces? please?:pray: i just want to have an idea on how this dio sizes up with the others. does it really measure up to 28" in length? oh my, i still can't imagine how big this is...:horror

I 2nd that request...a couple comparison photos would be great.. ;D

Thanks !

Not quite as massive as some of us hoped...is anything ever ? lol

I do like this piece quite a bit from what I'm seeing...however seeing the size of the Allos I really hope they also do a maquette version. I also kind of wish they'd saved this design and pose maybe for a pack of Utahraptors attacking an Astrodon..because we prob won't get such a similar piece now.

Hunting%20Pack%20of%20Utahraptors%20bring%20down%20an%20Astrodon%20-%20Luis%20rey.jpg

Back