Statue Dinosauria: Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus Repaint Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm glad to see that this statue has good paint, after jumping in from the Carno thread. I'm hoping my version of this and my T-rex have as good paint apps.

Anybody else get their statue yet? One single collector receiving theirs' seems odd. Come on people, post some picks with your insights regarding this "potentially" wonderful statue. Hoping the paint apps are good, (stopped hoping for great), & consistent, avoiding the "russian roulette syndrome" every time someone orders this.

I did see the Spinosaurus recently. The speckling looks good on it though the base color is really pale..I think they left off a few base tones.

I haven't seen this one out of the box though I wasn't a fan of the blue on the Camara..maybe it will be toned down.

Thanks for the pic, & good too hear the colors are muted & not as "loud" as initially feared.. I just noticed you also own the raptor skeleton, which is seen in the background in front of window. How is the quality of this piece? Only saw pics of proto a while ago, which looked really good, what's your opinion? And any pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, the Velociraptor Skeleton is really cool. It's made from a lightweight semi-flexible plastic, so its not as likely to break as resin. The paint is nothing special but in most light it looks close enough to museum bone. It has a really nice dynamic pose and looks good from every angle, overall has a very upscale appearance. Thanks for noticing :)

0301152049g.jpg

Hi, the Velociraptor Skeleton is really cool. It's made from a lightweight semi-flexible plastic, so its not as likely to break as resin. The paint is nothing special but in most light it looks close enough to museum bone. It has a really nice dynamic pose and looks good from every angle, overall has a very upscale appearance. Thanks for noticing :)

View attachment 169804

Thanks man! Appreciate the close-up pic & info, looks really good.

As for the new Allo vs Camara dio, when did this start shipping? Anybody else get their dio yet? Seems like this line is disturbingly quite. Come on folks, let's see some more pics & keep interest in this line.:wave

Thanks man! Appreciate the close-up pic & info, looks really good.

As for the new Allo vs Camara dio, when did this start shipping? Anybody else get their dio yet? Seems like this line is disturbingly quite. Come on folks, let's see some more pics & keep interest in this line.:wave

Yeah I've noticed this too. I'm trying to pick out an order for which Dinos to get since I'm just getting started, and it doesn't help that it's really hard to find pics, and there's like one video review online. For a line that basically never ends up looking as good as the promo pics, you'd think there'd be some more customer stuff about it after getting it in hand.

Lol, some strong opinions here. I was holding out for a bronze version so missed the original, and I too was concerned this one would be "TOO" colorful. These pics make it look a bit browner, but the real thing is a lot less vibrant than the official photos. Here's a pic of it under white lights.

View attachment 167388

To be honest I absolutely love this color scheme. It stands out and works really well together. IMO it was an unexpected stroke of genius on the painters part. The Camy has a few different tones of blue worked into it that are really well done, but the face is kinda flat and uninteresting. If they had done a better job painting the stripes on the Allos and put more TLC into the faces, this would be a real work of art. It makes me sad they went with such a dull paint job for the new T-rex.

I'm glad that you like it. I found they are going to make the proto painting easier, so that the painters can easily imitate (or follow). The old Carma. is also in a single color...but with more complicated levels...This one is lighter and close to the proto. But the paint of the front Allosaurus' thigh still need to be improve, truly.(hope you don't mind I say so). This is a good looking repaint but I personally prefer the first version...the color of the first version is not as colorful as repaint, but looks more 'difficult and delicated'. The photos of this one is hard to find on the web...and the quantity is TBD on official site...does that mean few people buy this one?

i think Sideshow must face the fact that today there are dino toys or dino models at about 40 dollars that are detailed and painted at high levels. If they whant sell high end sculpures at 300/400 dollars they have to produce high end sculptures! their poor silly pantings have annoyed

i think Sideshow must face the fact that today there are dino toys or dino models at about 40 dollars that are detailed and painted at high levels. If they whant sell high end sculpures at 300/400 dollars they have to produce high end sculptures! their poor silly pantings have annoyed

Yes, buyers nowaday become more and more clever...they know what's good and bad...As a seller, do not cheat your customers because...WE ALL CAN SEE THE PROBLEM...we just keep it like a secret instead, but that doesn't mean WE DON'T NOTICE THAT or WE DON't CARE. A 300 to 400 bucks dino should look noble.

Does anyone have this diorama for sale? I missed out on both color versions released, and am now trying to catch up. Thanks.

P.S. I know that this is not the right forum to post for this, and have already posted in the proper forum with no luck, hence this effort. No need for anyone to freak out.

P.P.S. Either color version of this diorama would be OK. Thanks again.

What's up with the dark blotchy spots that have appeared on pretty much every release since the first apatosaurus maquette. They all look like they've got some kind of the same skin disease. It's gross, sloppy and looks amateur.

Once again, does anyone have this diorama for sale? If yes, please let me know.

Back