Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyscrasia

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8173&utm_source=122509news&utm_campaign=email

allovscamara.jpg

The head of the Allosaurus kinda reminds me of Kinto's Michael Trcic Allosaurus...

It's quite a surprise that it's not a Stegosaurus. Well, it elevates the possibility of a Stegosaurus maquette in the near future...

Last edited:
An alternate angle.

ssallocam1.jpg

Looks like there'll be at least two Allosaurs attacking this Jurassic giant, making this the first Dinosauria piece to feature more than two characters. Hopefully they'll still manage to keep the price under $300.

An alternate angle.

ssallocam1.jpg

Looks like there'll be at least two Allosaurs attacking this Jurassic giant, making this the first Dinosauria piece to feature more than two characters. Hopefully they'll still manage to keep the price under $300.

Man, I hope so. Anything above $300 would be pushing my limit.:(

I was expecting a stego too but this one piques my interest just as well. Can't wait to see more. :cool:

I was expecting a stego too but this one piques my interest just as well. Can't wait to see more. :cool:

Dammit! As soon as I lose faith that we'll see the newsletter posted up tonight with SS on holiday, we get our next diorama preview and it looks absolutely AWESOME. Not what I was expecting, but I like it a lot. A very intriguing choice. Thanks to Dan for posting the alternate view. More than one Allo in the diorama = outstanding. Simply outstanding. A very Merry Christmas indeed. :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Last edited:
This may also improve our chances of seeing a Stegosaurus in maquette format. Though I still firmly believe he screams of diorama potential, I mean... come on. Stegosaurus.

If this dio is going to cost under $300 (even though the price will be double here), then it means that the dio will be rather small compared to the other Dinosauria statues... Especially considering that atleast 3 dinos are present including a Sauropod...

If this dio is going to cost under $300 (even though the price will be double here), then it means that the dio will be rather small compared to the other Dinosauria statues... Especially considering that atleast 3 dinos are present including a Sauropod...

The Deinosuchus dio is priced accordingly with the other dio, and from what I've heard, it's positively HUGE... and quite a beauty. We'll find out a price tsge in 2 weeks' time, but I think I can speak for several of us here when I say price is truly not an issue for this diorama. :D

Here ! Here ! We are in agreement there Scar !

If it's going to be smaller..then I'm fine with it being 3-400.00 I want close to the same size and detail...the Allos can be 17" or so..the Camara..I'm not sure about but if I'm looking at my Safari figures right..then it would be..what..30" long ? If it's not a juvenile or sub adult.

The Deinosuchus dio is priced accordingly with the other dio, and from what I've heard, it's positively HUGE... and quite a beauty. We'll find out a price tsge in 2 weeks' time, but I think I can speak for several of us here when I say price is truly not an issue for this diorama. :D

I totally agree, especially for dino freaks like ourselves :D

The only problem is that I can never get these beautiful pieces at their regular retail price...

I always have to pay atleast TWICE the regular price even though it does make sense in a funny way (Regular price + shipping & handling + tax fees + additional fees demanded by the customs office + margins(profits) for the local distributors & retailers + ????ed up currency)....damn :duh

I'm guessing this diorama will be closer to the 1:40 scale, or at least, smaller scale than the previous pieces.

Using state of the art digital technology, I've attempted to piece together one possible arrangement of the figures, to give us an idea of how the full diorama might look.

allocamsketch.jpg

Note the artist's compassion for the sauropod, its beady eye gazing out, begging the audience for a modicum of mercy. :lol

Maybe it would easier ( and cheaper ) to fly over here and pick one up bud ? heh

Man..my favorite Dinosaur ! and I get not one..but two of them ! in a battle scene no less ! Please pardon any fan-girl like squeals you may hear... :D

I like it and will be ordering it.......I wonder what SS will come up with in the future though for this line. They cant keep doing dio's and maquettes or else this line will get pretty redundant. I hope they try something like a life size velociraptor bust or skull for example. Just put out something new and different for this line...just my opinion.

Chris

I'm guessing this diorama will be closer to the 1:40 scale, or at least, smaller scale than the previous pieces.

Using state of the art digital technology, I've attempted to piece together one possible arrangement of the figures, to give us an idea of how the full diorama might look.

allocamsketch.jpg

Note the artist's compassion for the sauropod, its beady eye gazing out, begging the audience for a modicum of mercy. :lol

The Camara can be screaming in pain or turning to bite it's attackers for all I care.. heh heh

Surely it's not 1/40 isn't that the scale of the Allo and Camara pieces by Safari ? Too small in my opinion.... :/

Maybe it would easier ( and cheaper ) to fly over here and pick one up bud ? heh

If I was wealthy enough and ever get a chance to move back to the States, I definitely would do so... :D

(I was born in the States anyways...)

Even if the dio actually turns out pretty small compared to the other Dinosauria pieces, I would be very happy if the Allosaurus would be atleast as big as the Papo Allosaurus (despite the inaccuracies, it's my fav Allosaurus model so far, I prefer it more than the Trcic Allosaurus)...

Back