Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An entire thread dedicated to dissing on one game. This has to be a new record for the forum :lol.

Absolutely love that the law suit is finally happening. I hope Gearbox gets what's coming to them.

An entire thread dedicated to dissing on one game. This has to be a new record for the forum :lol.

Absolutely love that the law suit is finally happening. I hope Gearbox gets what's coming to them.

There's also the RE6 thread. :monkey3

Every gaming company I can think of is guilty of this stuff to some degree. Peter Molyneux. That dude has lied about every game he's ever been involved with. He's so famous for his BS that no one takes him seriously anymore. Sony loves to show lies about their new hardware. It's all under the guise of "target video" but that's only once they're pressed to admit it. Remember Killzone 2 and half the other "games" they showed for the PS3? Most were lies to one degree or another.

Don't get me wrong...I think its a lousy practice and want it stopped. I'm just surprised this hasn't happened alot sooner. Maybe it has and hasn't changed anything. I don't follow lawsuits.

Last edited:
dont mess with video game fans !

Yeah!

DON'T **** WITH US!!!!!

vsFSoVv.jpg

Every gaming company I can think of is guilty of this stuff to some degree. Peter Molyneux. That dude has lied about every game he's ever been involved with. He's so famous for his BS that no one takes him seriously anymore. Sony loves to show lies about their new hardware. It's all under the guise of "target video" but that's only once they're pressed to admit it. Remember Killzone 2 and half the other "games" they showed for the PS3? Most were lies to one degree or another.

Don't get me wrong...I think its a lousy practice and want it stopped. I'm just surprised this hasn't happened alot sooner. Maybe it has and hasn't changed anything. I don't follow lawsuits.

Most of the time we do get watered down versions of tech demos but this is an entirely different game than what was advertised. Whole sections missing drastically different AI and environments nothing that would be passable to anyone as a finished product, They knew what a good Aliens game looked like they just chose not to make it.

Exactly, The graphics looked great in the trailers and the lighting was top notch. They deserve all the bad press they are getting from this.

Most of the time we do get watered down versions of tech demos but this is an entirely different game than what was advertised. Whole sections missing drastically different AI and environments nothing that would be passable to anyone as a finished product, They knew what a good Aliens game looked like they just chose not to make it.

Molyneux is guilty of all those things too. Again, not defending anyone. Just saying that this is nothing new.

Molyneux is guilty of all those things too. Again, not defending anyone. Just saying that this is nothing new.

Not sure I agree but he did not bold face lie about a game based off a legendary licences and pretend he shared the same love for it meanwhile insulating other things in the franchise just to sell you probably the worst thing that ever happen to the IP in its forty-some years of existence. Yes we have been lied to before but I have met more honest used car salesmen that SEGA and Gearbox were in this instance.

Not sure I agree but he did not bold face lie about a game based off a legendary licences and pretend he shared the same love for it meanwhile insulating other things in the franchise just to sell you probably the worst thing that ever happen to the IP in its forty-some years of existence. Yes we have been lied to before but I have met more honest used car salesmen that SEGA and Gearbox were in this instance.

That's splitting hairs. The fact that he blatantly lied about games that didn't have a license attached is irrelevant. Lies and false advertising are still lies and false advertising. I think people's adoration of the property has blown the outrage out of proportion a bit. If this was a new game entity, people would've just pi$$ed on it and walked away. Just my opinion.

That's splitting hairs. The fact that he blatantly lied about games that didn't have a license attached is irrelevant. Lies and false advertising are still lies and false advertising. I think people's adoration of the property has blown the outrage out of proportion a bit. If this was a new game entity, people would've just pi$$ed on it and walked away. Just my opinion.
You maybe right but in my experience with the FABLES series (which I assume is the majority of your complaint with him) it just seems some people feel betrayal whereas they are still functional games (at least untill the kinect gets involved) Aliens is a glitch riddled bugged out mess with not a single component that was promised.

Either way lets hope this putts some fear into the industry and sets an example that we can stand up our ourselves and do something about it we were just waiting to beat Bioshock first:hi5:

They've really improved the graphics on the PC. More fixes are coming.

[ame]https://youtu.be/czJKN6dhq3g[/ame]

Supposedly they fixed the A.I., but to me it just seems like the difficulty was upped. :dunno

I don't even have this game. Don't want to buy it. Ever. Steam will have it for free one of these days :lol.

Back