Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'll enjoy it even if it's a crappy game. I'm not much of a gamer really. The only video games I've played in the last three years are Skyrim, CoD: MW2, Batman Arkham Asylum and AvP (2010), and the only one I finished was AvP. :lol

Even if the game sucks it's kind of nice to know that I (being a huge Alien franchise fan) actually was here when it was made and did pre-order it, heh.

AvP Galaxy has the most nitpicky ****ty fanboys of any forum. Most of them still defend AvP-R.

Not saying the game is automatically good, but I'd rather wait for other reviewers.

I actually enjoyed the Marine campaign on AVP more than this. Alot more

It was a rental from day one.

The Alien franchise is rocky terrain now. I'm still waiting for that almost perfect product to come out.

[ame]https://youtu.be/OGGP4NtRVbo[/ame]

First review I've seen. Scores a 7. Campaign is only 6 hours and multiplayer is buggy. How long was this game in development? Like, 8 years? 8 years of development for yet another completely mediocre alien game.

why are any of you surprised at the quality of this game? this is a gimmick type game that specifically targets the fanboys of the franchise and very rarely delivers in content and quality. exactly how majority of star wars games turn out.

I knew from day one this game was going to be mediocre at best.

why are any of you surprised at the quality of this game? this is a gimmick type game that specifically targets the fanboys of the franchise and very rarely delivers in content and quality. exactly how majority of star wars games turn out.

Who's surprised? I think everyone is just letdown, because we hoped for a great game.

mediocre is too generous

The game feels like a DLC set of levels for AVP. The weapons, movements and interactivity are all very AVP. but its kind of worse because when the aliens walk around it looks like theyve $h!t themselves and the animations when the aliens are coming close to you are like Alien Trilogy on the ps1. It looks like a cardboard cutout coming towards you.

Every level feels like a chore, its all lit the same. Dark and gloomy. But it doesnt pay off for the player them trying to capture the atmosphere.

This isnt redeemable in any way. And the nods to Alien make the game even worse. Because it feels like " yeah, our game sucks, but here is a nod to the Aliens movie " and it makes it suck harder because it looks desperate.

Its a shocking game i wouldnt recommend any body buy it for even half the price.

And im not a hard to please gamer.

There's been a recent string of "fanboy-targeted" games that, in the hands of a capable developer and without being tied to a movie tie-in development cycle of about 18 months, have turned out really well. Arkham City and Fall of Cybertron, to name two. There was no reason this game couldn't have been as good as those, as it had the same things going for it. But instead, it appears the results are no better than if this were a movie tie-in game in development for only 18 months, despite actually being in development for something like seven years.

Shame on all of those involved.

Back