Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said it from the start, I've just got a feeling this is going to be crap. :lol

With the release imminent I'm praying I'm wrong.
Eh, it's definitely a bit overhyped but I think it looks a lot better than AvP 2010 which I didn't think was too bad.

I hope one day we'll get another AvP game with the wonderful story and atmosphere that AvP 2 had. That game was so great.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Sega Officially Announces Colonial Marines' Season Pass

preview
by Jeff Cork on February 08, 2013 at 09:17 AM 418 Views

Sega has officially announced that Aliens: Colonial Marines is getting the season-pass treatment, which will include four post-release add-ons for the game. The first download is a mode called bug hunt, a wave-based challenge that includes three new maps.

The season pass will cost $29.99, or 2,400 Microsoft Points, which Sega says is 40-percent off what you'd pay if you bought it all individually. The first batch of DLC is bug hunt, a mode where players have to survive wave after wave of unrelenting enemies. The vanilla game includes four multiplayer modes, including team deathmatch, escape, survivor, and extermination.*

I'm going to go pre-order this game today. I thought the last AvP game was decent so I'm hoping this one is much better.

I'm still waiting for the first reviews. There have just been too many crappy Aliens games in the last few years, and I don't have money to burn.

Check out around 35 mins to see how you can customise your rifle and character, it's way more in depth then I expected. Gameplay looks just alright though. Some of the SP elements like AI seem pretty poor. At one point that AI marine ran out of his way to get into your line of fire a few times and some aliens get stuck in doors etc as I feared with how fast they move.

[ame]https://youtu.be/S-h2Gx1CHhQ[/ame]

Sounds like a lot of the story doesn't make much (if any) sense and the game in general is incredibly bland and generic. Lots of AI problems and some glitching, etc. Everyone's saying the graphics look very outdated as well.

I haven't read anything about multiplayer yet though, and that's always my favorite part of these games. Hopefully it will make up for the seemingly crappy single player. :eek:

How long has it taken to finish this game now? 10 years? :lol

wow i havent been excited for an alien game as far as i can remember. this is why. once i saw this was coming out i was so excited. it was one of my most anticipated games. i wanted to be scared thats it and this wont do it. i can get this from any other shooter. meh at least we have the statues and figures to look foward to.

Sounds like a lot of the story doesn't make much (if any) sense and the game in general is incredibly bland and generic. Lots of AI problems and some glitching, etc. Everyone's saying the graphics look very outdated as well.

I haven't read anything about multiplayer yet though, and that's always my favorite part of these games. Hopefully it will make up for the seemingly crappy single player. :eek:

How long has it taken to finish this game now? 10 years? :lol

Honestly right now I could care less about campaign. If I hear multiplayer is good I am all over it. That is why AVP 2010 was a blast I enjoyed the hell out of multiplayer.

Basically if you watch that 2 hour video I posted, (well skip around it a bit) you can see the downfalls for yourself in the sloppy AI which is easily the biggest problem. It makes the aliens non-threatening, goofy, and awkwardly obvious rather then sneaky because they get caught on so many surfaces or run right past your teammates.

But the MP looks pretty good since theres no reliance on AI. Graphics and overall gameplay seems fairly solid, just too much time spent on customising silencers and skins and not enough polish on the ai director. But over at the AVP forums etc, even the people saying it's a let down are saying you should probably keep your preorders etc so thats gotta be worth something. It's obviously dissapointing because it took so long and it's ultimately not upto par with what made the first game great but its still better then nothing.

Saw the walkthroughs... Incredibly bad gameplay and stupid HUD.
Looks like I'm not going to pay for pre-ordered CE.

Great work SEGA and GB! Another one bites the dust >__>

Had a feeling this would suck. After watching the 2-hour vid posted by IGN you could see numerous flaws. Oh well, ill rent it instead of buying.

I'm starting to think spending $150 on this might not have been the best idea.

poo

I don't even know if I can spend 60 on this :( I have been waiting for this game for so long and it looks like crap so far. Unless multiplayer gets great reviews I am not buying it. From the gameplay it seems like the multiplayer won't be all that fun.

Back