Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this game is as bad as people are saying then I hope the critics tear gearbox a new one. They should be absolutely ashamed.

mediocre is too generous

The game feels like a DLC set of levels for AVP. The weapons, movements and interactivity are all very AVP. but its kind of worse because when the aliens walk around it looks like theyve $h!t themselves and the animations when the aliens are coming close to you are like Alien Trilogy on the ps1. It looks like a cardboard cutout coming towards you.

Every level feels like a chore, its all lit the same. Dark and gloomy. But it doesnt pay off for the player them trying to capture the atmosphere.

This isnt redeemable in any way. And the nods to Alien make the game even worse. Because it feels like " yeah, our game sucks, but here is a nod to the Aliens movie " and it makes it suck harder because it looks desperate.

Its a shocking game i wouldnt recommend any body buy it for even half the price.

And im not a hard to please gamer.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
ohh man you made me laugh! cardboard cutout hahahahhahaha!
is the game that bad man?
well if I am playing it on pc I am watting for a hack copy then.

I watched the IGN 2 Hour gameplay with the devs. They looked like didn't want to be there and weren't really answering questions. My local game shop were hoping to have a lock in on saturday night and play it. They got a memo saying no one could play it at all until Tuesday. That's because they know its crap.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
ohh man you made me laugh! cardboard cutout hahahahhahaha!
is the game that bad man?
well if I am playing it on pc I am watting for a hack copy then.
just print out a picture of a xenomorph facing forward, cut it out of the paper, and sit in the dark making gun noises with your mouth and thats more entertaining than this game is

Atleast we can all get it for around $20 a month from now. :lol

From the sounds of it I don't even want it for $20 :lol Damn I'm dissapointed I really was hoping for a new multiplayer game to play. Guess I will just wait till March for Heart of the Swarm and Bioshock for some good games.

Have had it since Saturday multiplayer is complete rubbish. The Single player/co-op is just ok. The Aliens move like puppets and the graphics in some places are very nice. ie the lighting effects but the marines look bobbins. I would score it a 7 out of ten at the most.

What really pissses me off is that they have no business developing epic cinematic trailers like this:

[ame]https://youtu.be/yH6js9tI_78[/ame]

Or releasing "Collector's Edition" box sets like this:

Aliens-Colonial-Marines-Collectors-Edition.jpg

Or buying show floor space at game conventions like this:

aliens-colonial-marines-011.jpg

For a freaking lousy 7/10 game. That's the kind of thing a developer does when they know they've got at least a 9/10 game in the works. If Gearbox/Sega put half as much work into this game as they did promoting it, then what's getting released on Tuesday would have likely scored "great" as opposed to "mediocre".

Again, all of those involved should be ashamed.

Maybe it isn't all Gearbox. Though Gearbox is certainly the developer, SEGA is the publisher and owns the rights to the ALIENS/Predator video game license.

SEGA could very well not have paid enough for the game and thus the quality suffered. Though Gearbox could have very possibly not produced what they were being paid for. Hence all the delays with this game.

Certainly Gearbox is CAPABLE of some epic games. Their resume includes Brothers-in-Arms and Borderlands.

However I'm getting the impression that they seem to put licenses on the backburner in comparison to their own projects.

The campaign's drop-in/drop-out coop and movie-inspired design is why I'm keeping my preorder. It looks more fun and true to the films than the Marine campaign in AVP3 was, which is all I could've asked for.

Glad as hell I didn't spring for the DLC season pass or collectors' edition, though. Not buying any additional content for this thing whatsoever. :lol

Back