Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy DS III and Aliens colonial marines are coming out the very same day. I POed the sp. ed and having a look at the so call blue print,I realise it's just a ripoff from the USCM technical data book. They should have this included instead:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HdmzGQLN...AAAAGw/yqv2iJpclnE/s1600/Sulaco2011_Final.png

I received mine today and it's one mighty blue print you don't wanna miss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

After seeing the gameplay, the first person looks very "Borderland-esque". Not in art style but just the sort of "flow" reminded me of Borderlands. Even the menus for the game have a Borderlands-flavor and similar lay-out.

That's a GOOD thing, Borderlands is easily one of the best FPS series ever released, using a similar style and engine for the gameplay would be extremely wise for this game. I also like that the marine pulls up the actually motion tracker to look at it, I hope that makes for many scary moments when you see all the blips circling you.

The scariest FPS game in my opinion was DOOM 3. And one aspect that heightened your attention and anxiety was the game was SUPER dark and you could equip ONLY the flashlight and no weapon alongside it. It but you in a VERY vulnerable situation if you weren't quick but made for a better immersion into the fear of what was lurking in the game.

I hope ALIENS:CM has moments like that.

I'm sure this game will be amazing, however I don't expect many or any scary moments. I expect it will be more tense than scary.

Now if you want horror or to be scared, I recommend you pick up Dead Space 3!

Boy DS III and Aliens colonial marines are coming out the very same day. I POed the sp. ed and having a look at the so call blue print,I realise it's just a ripoff from the USCM technical data book. They should have this included instead:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HdmzGQLN...AAAAGw/yqv2iJpclnE/s1600/Sulaco2011_Final.png

I received mine today and it's one mighty blue print you don't wanna miss.

Umm deadspace 3 comes out today while Aliens comes out next tuesday I believe?

Well for europe the Aliens CM for PS3 sp.ed. was available for PO on amazon. As for the DS III sp.ed. they won't be ship before febuary 18th so maybe it' not to late to get yours.

So who will be getting this for PC? We need to get some people together and play some multiplayer/coop. Anyone that will be playing PC add me on steam. derkduck just let me know who you are on SS forums if your tag is different.

So who will be getting this for PC? We need to get some people together and play some multiplayer/coop. Anyone that will be playing PC add me on steam. derkduck just let me know who you are on SS forums if your tag is different.

I am getting for pc 100% that is all I play now.
let me know and we can get some coop action going.

I really want to see some reviews on this before I bite.

Given the alien video game fortunes of recent years I have high hopes, but low expectations.

I have a plan. I'll just buy the Xbox/PS3 Collector's Edition, keep the goodies, sell the game on eBay, and use that money to buy the limited edition for PC..... :yess:

I've said it from the start, I've just got a feeling this is going to be crap. :lol

With the release imminent I'm praying I'm wrong.

My biggest fear is watching how rough some of the alien movements are, especially the ai ones trying to transistion from walls to ceilings. It's not like we should be confident given the Aliens games we've gotten recently but hopefully Gearbox has done it justice.

Back