Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my reg today, #91. An unnecessarily anxiety-inducing wait due to my own stupidity (preordering months in advance on ebay), but the seller came through, I didn't get a 14 lb brick in the shipper, and I haven't found any flaws! Love how this thing looks, but pretty sure my photos won't make it look as good as it really is. On to Big Chap! :duff

Got my reg today, #91. An unnecessarily anxiety-inducing wait due to my own stupidity (preordering months in advance on ebay), but the seller came through, I didn't get a 14 lb brick in the shipper, and I haven't found any flaws! Love how this thing looks, but pretty sure my photos won't make it look as good as it really is. On to Big Chap! :duff

Congrats!

Congrats! But I'm wondering, why preorder from an eBay seller instead of directly from SSC?

Congratulations. Enjoy ;)

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

How many of you re-painted the teeth,does it make that big of a difference? I'll be able to finally see mine next Saturday so I hope there's no issues.

I think 2 here have repainted theirs...The teeth are like a dull silver, Not too bad. Definitely better in person than in pictures. The bust is small, the teeth are small, I don't think a repaint makes much difference to the look.

Hope yours arrives undamaged. it's really a nice piece.

I did repaint my bust teeth and trust me it make a huge difference. You can't paint chrome because there is nothing like the real thing.
With Alclad paint airbrushed you can come pretty close and it will be way better.

The teeth are like a dull silver, Not too bad. Definitely better in person than in pictures.

Really? mine look rubbish in pictures and in person tbh. A quick repaint will make a huge difference I am sure. Not only in the colour, but also in cleaning up the edges.

airbrush will give the best result. For Alclad paint, first apply a layer of gloss Black for a better result.

Just painted my Terminator tank this afternoon with alclad. Wear a mask if your spraying this stuff, fumes are really bad for you and you'll have chrome snot otherwise. To be honest at the price of alclad chrome and the gloss base its cheaper to just paint the teeth silver and gloss the crap out of them.

Congrats! But I'm wondering, why preorder from an eBay seller instead of directly from SSC?

Cheaper. Not enough to be worth the uncertainty of it all, but cheaper. Saved about 50 bucks on the thing itself, and didn't pay anything extra for shipping (whatever that might've been direct), but yeah. Wouldn't do it again.

Just opened this up,I bought the regular and exclusive..no issues at all,arrived flaw less but have to say not impressed with it ..really don't think it's worth the price.Im keeping my ex but just listed the regular for trade if any one is interested.If I don't trade it I'll return it but figured I'd see if anyone wants one that's issue free (can take detailed pics).I hope big chap blows this one away!

Glad yours got there ok Shady.

I gave SS one more chance and asked them if they would offer a fair refund price for me to keep the bust. I figured if they offered $45 to some of the other members for just one problem I should be able to get a bit more to make it worth keeping. SS agreed and offered me a "one time courtesy" refund increase of a whopping $5!

Needless to say I was not impressed. At first I thought they were kidding, as that is pretty insulting. I had to send it back today. Very disappointed in SS, quality and service this time around. Usually very satisfied with them, but these kinds of issues with no replacements and crazy low partial refunds are making me not look forward to future purchases.

I got my Ex replacement today. The only noticeable flaw was a light scuff to the alien's collarbone. However there is something loose in the dome that you only hear when you tilt the piece upright. Satisfactory compared to what I originally received.

On the plus side SS sent me a nameplate and inner jaw after I informed them I didn't ship it with the original one. There is a noticeable difference in paint, which is more apparent in person.

Are the scratches/acid burn or whatever random on name plate? Pics above look to be the same but mine are in different locations? Anyone else ? I have some higher up between "E" and "N" and around the "S"

Mine are the same as the above picture, they are part of the sculpt so not sure why yours would be in a different place?

Are the scratches/acid burn or whatever random on name plate? Pics above look to be the same but mine are in different locations? Anyone else ? I have some higher up between "E" and "N" and around the "S"

Mine are located like the above picture.

Back