Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with this paint and the extra work, really makes it shine..... Good luck

Thanks for sharing the pictures as well as the tools and paint. Im totally gonna do this for mine as well!! I was wondering if anyone had any tips on removing glue? I have some pretty bad white glue globs underneath the tendons on the mouth. look very bad. :(

Thanks for sharing the pictures as well as the tools and paint. Im totally gonna do this for mine as well!! I was wondering if anyone had any tips on removing glue? I have some pretty bad white glue globs underneath the tendons on the mouth. look very bad. :(

Don't think you can, without damaging the paint. Mine has some white glue in certain spots as well, couldn't get it off.

Ugh, figured.... thanks man for the heads up. Really sloppy sloppy job. I hope the big chap doesnt have these issues.

Try some hand sanitizer on a Q-tip.

Try some hand sanitizer on a Q-tip.

interesting..thanks man! ..does it matter what kind of hand sanitizer? man, this stuff i right behind the tendons though, its like i would have to remove the tendons and reglue, which if i knew how to do, i would! haha

Didn't know they would be sending an EX, guess that is cool.

I don't know...personally, the size is too small. This is less of an overall size issue and more of given his overall size, when you get down to just his face and mouth area, it is just smaller than I would have liked.

Tendons came out alright. I believe this just relates back to size/scale. Given the close up pics, they do not look so hot. But with how I mention the size of face seemed small, then the tendons are an even smaller area. So overall, they work.

The size differences versus anticipated may result in not wanting to get a Big Chap. On the other hand, might make me want to try to go for a 1:1 BC.

Given the price I had to pay... :monkey3...I certainly can't complain.

Does SS always included a type up letter discussing quality control?
My first direct from SS. I was just curious with all the latest QC issues, if they have actually changed / are tempting to get better. Or if it was just a generic copy letter that always goes out with their pieces.

I think if a piece has issues with the initial shipment they check later pieces.
There have been pieces shipped with the Q.C letter that do still have problems though.

Didn't know they would be sending an EX, guess that is cool.

I don't know...personally, the size is too small. This is less of an overall size issue and more of given his overall size, when you get down to just his face and mouth area, it is just smaller than I would have liked.

Tendons came out alright. I believe this just relates back to size/scale. Given the close up pics, they do not look so hot. But with how I mention the size of face seemed small, then the tendons are an even smaller area. So overall, they work.

The size differences versus anticipated may result in not wanting to get a Big Chap. On the other hand, might make me want to try to go for a 1:1 BC.

Given the price I had to pay... :monkey3...I certainly can't complain.

Does SS always included a type up letter discussing quality control?
My first direct from SS. I was just curious with all the latest QC issues, if they have actually changed / are tempting to get better. Or if it was just a generic copy letter that always goes out with their pieces.
So you ordered a regular and got an EX? It is kind of small from straight on, this one needs to be displayed at an angle or viewing the side. Usually when they put that letter in it is a return they inspected and resold.

No, I won it. Just assumed it would be a regular. Winner notification never really mentioned an EX.

Everything looked fine. 77/500

As mentioned, the only "real" problem I have with it, is the size.

They didn't check the nameplate for QC. :p The little pads are not lined up with it's center of gravity, so it wants to lean/rock backwards. But that is a simple adjustment.

Everything looked fine. 77/500

As mentioned, the only "real" problem I have with it, is the size.

They didn't check the nameplate for QC. :p The little pads are not lined up with it's center of gravity, so it wants to lean/rock backwards. But that is a simple adjustment.

Same on all of the name plates it seems. I don't mind the size myself, I expected it.

I would look it over really good, nameplate too. Can you post some detailed pics? I am curious about something, but I need to see yours to be sure.

Anything specific you were looking for?
I did not plan on taking any pics, as I planned to trade it in.

Back