Alien Giger Maquette Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great looking sculpt.

But the pose sucks wet sack.
Agreed.. This and the Predator LSB were the two biggest things I was looking forward too since last summer, but this isn't what I was expecting. I get no "wow" feeling when I see it.

The official pics might change my mind though.

I was actually thinking about maybe going in on this one, but damn if its pushing $800 to a $1000 I cant do it.

I was actually thinking about maybe going in on this one, but damn if its pushing $800 to a $1000 I cant do it.

:goodpost::exactly: Im in the same boat as you my friend the most ive been spending so far is 500 and thats for the terminater combat version t 800 bust. I mostley collect premium formatts and hot toys my first mauqette will be here tommorow thats the iron man mark 1 and i have the warmachine ex an mark 6 mauqette on waitlist. I will have to see how the flex payments work out for this I have so much on order.

i think it looks awesome. if i liked the first movie more id be all over this.

I love the pose, not something I'd expect when I think about Alien, maybe that's the reason I like it so much.

yeah I guess I was confused because for some reason I was thinking the maquettes are smaller than PFs. If its going to be over 2ft I guess I can understand, but thats just out of my range. So far it looks pretty awesome, guess I'll just have to stare at other peoples photos :/

Last edited:
Looks great so far...

I sure hope it displays well with the Alien Warrior maquette.
I don't wanna see a 1/5 scale piece.

The warrior mauqette is on back order at sideshow its 800 so tempted to flex this does anyone have in hand pics of this.

Looks good, can't wait to see more pics...

Would have preferred a Lambert walking Kill Pose or maybe a Dallas airduct crouching pose with outstretched hands... but no doubt, this is a nasty badass pose.

Full product reveal on April 5, 2011 with pre-orders beginning on April 7, 2011...I just hope the the reveal will be as impressive as I expect and the price is not outrageous:pray:

Full product reveal on April 5, 2011 with pre-orders beginning on April 7, 2011...I just hope the the reveal will be as impressive as I expect and the price is not outrageous:pray:

if it's alien or predator you can expect a high price tag :mad:

hey Fury, what is it about this piece that you think it will be close to a grand. It looks really awesome, but damn do you really think its going to be coming in that high.

Hey AF, sorry to take so long to reply, but it seems you have the general idea worked out now anyway. I have the Aliens maquette and you are aware that that one was $800. Not that I paid that, I got a sweet deal from a dealer with direct shipping from Sideshow, and free shipping at that. I love that (thanks ozzy).

Anyway, a few things lead me to believe this piece will approach the grand mark. One is that I like it, and as a huge Alien and Sideshow fan, don't see myself going without it. So there's that. Another is the price of the Aliens version at $800, and he is crouching. This new Alien seems to be standing fully erect. No jokes people, this is the big chap we are talking about. In reality, he should be way larger than the Aliens from Cameron's epic anyway, as they were tiny contortionists or whatever. Very effective yes, but not Bolaji, right? Another thing is the continually rising costs, less people ordering syndrome, dying economy, get the consumer's money while you can situation the world is in.

At any rate, I'm getting a $900 vibe, and fully intend to contact my seldom used (only for extremely high end/priced items) dealer and hope there is not an exclusive on this one.

But if there is an exclusive, I would kill an Ewok for Jones in 1/4 scale to go along with my Big Chap!

Are you listening Sideshow? :D

Looks good, can't wait to see more pics...

Would have preferred a Lambert walking Kill Pose or maybe a Dallas airduct crouching pose with outstretched hands... but no doubt, this is a nasty badass pose.
This is the pose I was hoping it would be in.

Hey AF, sorry to take so long to reply, but it seems you have the general idea worked out now anyway. I have the Aliens maquette and you are aware that that one was $800. Not that I paid that, I got a sweet deal from a dealer with direct shipping from Sideshow, and free shipping at that. I love that (thanks ozzy).

Anyway, a few things lead me to believe this piece will approach the grand mark. One is that I like it, and as a huge Alien and Sideshow fan, don't see myself going without it. So there's that. Another is the price of the Aliens version at $800, and he is crouching. This new Alien seems to be standing fully erect. No jokes people, this is the big chap we are talking about. In reality, he should be way larger than the Aliens from Cameron's epic anyway, as they were tiny contortionists or whatever. Very effective yes, but not Bolaji, right? Another thing is the continually rising costs, less people ordering syndrome, dying economy, get the consumer's money while you can situation the world is in.

At any rate, I'm getting a $900 vibe, and fully intend to contact my seldom used (only for extremely high end/priced items) dealer and hope there is not an exclusive on this one.

But if there is an exclusive, I would kill an Ewok for Jones in 1/4 scale to go along with my Big Chap!

Are you listening Sideshow? :D

Here kitty kitty...

garfield%20play%20nice%20dog%20toy.gif

7470_lg.gif

garfield_thehundreds_toy9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back