Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even if they send a replacement i fear ull be getting one with some little defects here and there

dude i m paying 1000$ n have to settle for some defects?? no waY we r spending quality money on our hobby

Last edited:
thats one reason y im not really thinking of buying this one, anyways deal with sideshow and lets c what they reply first

I always thought the reason the P1,Dog Alien etc were so expensive was because the FX studios who designed them were involved in making them?
So why then were this and the Aliens Maquette at the same price point?,i can't see any good reason why this is more expensive than other intricate 1/4 scale pieces?Edition size doesn't even come into it as far as i can see

Don't get me wrong,i'm still getting this,just curious is all :)

So I'm slimming up my alien and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. The bottom part of my guys jaw doesn't seem to be put in correctly.

Anyone elses like this??

a9ad6d2f.jpg

b79acd76.jpg

I'm just doing brush but I think I've used this before in a spray.

Thanks. :) It's dead easy to do.

its going to be hassle ...... n have to pay customs again just noticed problem with tail and tail is fitting loose even if u touch it it is coming out its just peg i think no magnet used for tail :(.... i will definatly ask for replacement for tail....

I think Sideshow mark replacements as just that - replacements - and they are then exempt from getting taxed twice :dunno

see at the 92 page didnt u noticed tail.... & tail is kinda loose:(

I can't see the pics you're trying to post also. I can only see the dead link if I quote your post. Sorry to hear about the defects. I guess it was to soon to think that SS QC was spot on w/ this piece. Seems that every SS piece has some sort of defect nowadays :(

@Fremen: Nice job on the slime! :clap I might wanna do that to mine as well. Could you post up more pics when you're done please? Thanks

I can't see the pics you're trying to post also. I can only see the dead link if I quote your post. Sorry to hear about the defects. I guess it was to soon to think that SS QC was spot on w/ this piece. Seems that every SS piece has some sort of defect nowadays :(

@Fremen: Nice job on the slime! :clap I might wanna do that to mine as well. Could you post up more pics when you're done please? Thanks

no one is able to see my pics except me....:cuckoo: i m banneD or something:dunno

I don't like the dip on your skull casing, so I would say full replacement. Sometimes they just ship you a new piece and ask you to destroy the piece you have. Not always, but sometimes. Worth a shot asking them and see what they can do for you. You really don't have to put up with inferior product, especially at this price point.

I just got my Cobra Commander helmet replaced after it started peeling the chrome in just two months time. Hope the replacement doesn't do the same thing!

Back