Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more pics I see of the Big Chap, the more happy I am that I pulled the trigger. I really wonder what prices will be on this through eBay once it sells out.

It has been a great year for the classic movies.

Alien
Stormtrooper
T1 Arnold
Dutch

What a year!

The wait continues for me:impatient: Bought it through an online retailer and saved a few bucks but they won't get more in until next week. Congrats to all who have this wonderful piece already:duff

The wait continues for me:impatient: Bought it through an online retailer and saved a few bucks but they won't get more in until next week. Congrats to all who have this wonderful piece already:duff

Don't worry my friend. You'll soon have it. And you will be very, very impressed.

man this piece looks amazing. really really tempted to get it. but was curious about flexpay. this would be my first piece from sideshow so Im not too experienced with ordering from them. if I were to use the flex pay option is it possible to pay the 160 dollars per month but also if I wanted I could pay more on a month or two if I decided to? just to pay for it quicker? any help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks

man this piece looks amazing. really really tempted to get it. but was curious about flexpay. this would be my first piece from sideshow so Im not too experienced with ordering from them. if I were to use the flex pay option is it possible to pay the 160 dollars per month but also if I wanted I could pay more on a month or two if I decided to? just to pay for it quicker? any help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks

You asked this before didn't you? Nobody answered, huh? Well, it's yes and no. I know many times collectors here get the urge to have their piece sooner, so will call and pay it off completely, so that is definitely available. But it would seem that if you were on a flex pay schedule built by Sideshow, it wouldn't be pay what you want this month, even if it was more. The only exception would be that you would want to pay it off. So I guess if you wanted to pay a couple of those $160 months, and then go all in on the third, they would be willing. But probably not more this month and back to the $160 next month...

Hope that helps. :D

You asked this before didn't you? Nobody answered, huh? Well, it's yes and no. I know many times collectors here get the urge to have their piece sooner, so will call and pay it off completely, so that is definitely available. But it would seem that if you were on a flex pay schedule built by Sideshow, it wouldn't be pay what you want this month, even if it was more. The only exception would be that you would want to pay it off. So I guess if you wanted to pay a couple of those $160 months, and then go all in on the third, they would be willing. But probably not more this month and back to the $160 next month...

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks for the response man it is very helpful! :)
and the paying it off idea was exactly what I had in mind!

Last edited:
I literally just opened the styrofoam box, and a huge WOW! facial expression came out of me.

Pics cannot describe the size of this thing, it is immense! A true collectible for any fans of the series. A must have!

not much, I know my photos suck. My replacement looks good, and I got a free 1/4 Giger bust out of it too :monkey3

Bigchap11.jpg

Bigchap10.jpg

Bigchap9.jpg

Bigchap8.jpg

Bigchap7.jpg

Bigchap6.jpg

Bigchap.jpg

Bigchap12.jpg

Just opened mine. No major cracks or anything, but not fond of the paint on mine. Check out the pics and see if you agree. Look at the bottom right "tube" on the back. The grey paint strokes are more defined instead of subtle blending into the green. It almost looks like several scratches. Anyone agree? Think I might ask for a replacement.

DSCN1798.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

I agree with you
Mine is not like that and it does look like scratches and it's on the shoulder as well

I probably wouldn't return it though FWIW this is my first SS purchase
Congrats on the big fella :)

So these 1/4 alien pieces costs around $900~ Why is it so much more expensive than other 1/4 pieces(PFs, Statues)? Is it the detail, size?

Most 1/4 products costs around $300~

Back