Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always liked this maquette and still do. But I suspect they will be far more easy to obtain once this Prime 1/coolprops maquette is officially announced..

SAtQLpy.jpg

That P1 piece will probably cost as much or more than the SS one's secondary market prices. Plus the pose is more museum style, although it looks more accurate. I really like the SS piece, and was going to gloss mine up like the post above too and redo the teeth, but ended up selling when I got my 1:1.

I like the SS version also. But I can see people moving it on to put towards that version or sure. Not everybody of course, but enough that it should become a bot more obtainable for those who are wanting to get one. I was one of those people, but I'm hoping the P1 version will be within my budget now instead.

I like the SS version also. But I can see people moving it on to put towards that version or sure. Not everybody of course, but enough that it should become a bot more obtainable for those who are wanting to get one. I was one of those people, but I'm hoping the P1 version will be within my budget now instead.

I'd say there might be more on the market, but doubt they'd drop in price. Even if Prime 1 nails the quality aspect of their maquette, if the pose remains in that boring museum stance, I would easily put my money towards a Sideshow Maquette instead. I prefer 1/4 scale for Aliens, the pose is good, the sculpt is great and the paint is great. The only thing that could sway me towards a Prime 1 Maquette is if they ditch the museum pose and go for something a little more dynamic so that it actually looks like it's come off the screen, rather than a maquette of a suit.

Back