ALIEN 5?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make a REAL Alien3 with her and bring back Newt and Hicks.

Now that would rock!!!

Everything after Aliens never happened anyway, right?

:)

The xenomorph's ship crash-landed on the mining colony in Alien, right?

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility to make contact with a different ship, is it? After all we are dealing with aliens and space miners to begin with...

But dont want to see it. Please, keep the Aliens a mystery, they've had enough shown of them, and its pushing them further and further into Generic Movie Monster of the Week.

Really, I could do without Ripley. I don't think she defines the Alien movies, the Aliens do.

If the gods (Cameron & Scott) were to come back to the franchise, I would hope that Ridley would do his work on the prequel to it all, the Space Jockey storyline. He talked about doing that movie and then of course was never able to. I think we need a real Alien origin story.

But someone also talked about a back story for Weyland Yutani. I really liked the ending (not the movie, the ending) of AVP2 with the Weyland Yutani stuff. I think it could be an interesting arc.

To bad that Fox has completely ruined the Alien and Predator franchise. Whores!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks to that story arc from AvP-R.

So no, AvP-R doesnt exist. Predators dont exist in Alien world, and yes, Ripley is important....however, I could deal with a Ripley-less movie.

Hmmm...another Alien?

With the current trend in HollyWood being to re-invent, dont be supprised if one day very soon we see a remake of Alien, with teenagers as the main cast, running around half naked, screaming, talking about smoking a joint...one of them will be pregnant, i can feel it. And the Alien will be wandering around mindlessly killing them....you'll see.....

Oh and Joker, Love the sig :D....one of the best laughs in the movie :p

I thought the only reason that Sigourney Weaver did Alien: Ressurection was to stop the studios from making Alien vs Predator...

Then it happened anyway...twice...

Besides, Ripley is dead according to Aliens vs Predator vs The Terminator...

And I'm sure that'd be better than anything the studios can throw out...

Unless they got Ridley Scott or James Cameron back...:monkey3

Thanks to that story arc from AvP-R.

So no, AvP-R doesnt exist. Predators dont exist in Alien world, and yes, Ripley is important....however, I could deal with a Ripley-less movie.

From the perspective of a future Alien film, does the existience of the AVP movies matter? It's a big galaxy, and the Predators don't have to be everywhere. Ignoring the books and comics, by the timeframe of the Alien films they could have migrated away, or just decided to steer clear of a now-spacefaring Human species.

Assuming the events of AVP-R are in continuity, Weyland-Yutani know about spacefaring extraterrestrials, have a small sample of alien tech, and know of the existence of the Aliens before the events of Alien. I don't see anything in there which contradicts the film's backstory... they're still working on very minimal information, and woefully unprepared for the reality. If anything, the effectiveness of the 'fast breeder' Aliens in the AVP movies explains why the Company is so keen to get one, and the confirmed existence of advanced spacefaring aliens explains why the Nostromo would be so readily diverted to investgate an unknown signal.

Nothing in the AVP movies affects the content of any future films.

The Predator is the sole creator of ALL future Tech? Weyland Yutani, even though Weyland was alive in AvP?? YUTANI???? They already KNEW about the Aliens, even when it was clear they didnt?

No.

Ummm... where in those films?

There's no mention of Weyland - Yutani in AVP-R; only "Mrs Yutani". Seems that Weyland and Yutani are two as separate corporate entities - they presumably end up merging. Yutani gets a Predator handgun. That is supposed to kickstart space travel technology (directors' comments) - it's still human development, just with a little boost. It's not like they've lifted Predator starship technology wholesale.

Likewise, please explain where the contradiction is between the information gathered on the Aliens in AVP-R (shocked eyewitness accounts, a few surveillance photos) and what W-Y have in Alien / Aliens / Alien3. It does actually help to support why the Company takes such an active interest... it's not just Ripley's rantings, they KNOW there is an amazing bio-weapon out there because they have a historical account of its effectiveness in wiping out a small city.

(Yeah, I've literally just finished watching the directors' comments on AVP-R).

But...why would you listen to those baised fanboys? I stopped.

Weyland was in AvP, Yutani was in R, its obvious what will happen, but still. I HATE that they're connecting these ^^^^ films to the Alien series, it just cheapens them.

It's obvious in just reading this thread the whole mythology is a convoluted mess at this point. No way they can tell a good Alien story anymore with Ripley starring that isn't just a retread of what came before. Time to do something new with both the Alien and Predator franchises.

But...why would you listen to those baised fanboys? I stopped.

Well... they're fellow fans, with a genuine affection for what they were doing; that much is obvious. And actually, that's the problem, they were making the Aliens vs Predator movie they wanted to see.

It was actually quite enlightening to see how many of the 'odd' points in the film they were aware of, but apparently lacked the time and / or money to fix (why Wolf doesn't get disintegrated by acid in the final fight, for example).

Anyway, I agree... if the franchises are to continue it needs to be with a separate Alien 5 / Predator 3. I don't see that the AVP films muck around with continuity at all to prevent this... Alien Resurrection is a much bigger problem there.

image2.jpg

When the Strauses say they want to see 40ft Aliens stomp around, I've had enough. They seem like nice guys, but are totally clueless on what makes an Alien/Predator movie (or a movie) good. Not just rip-off shots from other movies....

Back