3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very cool. The horizontal length though, just don't know where I would put it. Looking forward to seeing pictures with all the figures.

Take a picture of the box! Please... with something for scale.

This isn't my pic, but it does the trick:

bargearrival1_tn.jpg

Very cool...but not $500+ shipping cool... sorry...

You used my new collecting filter.....

From SSC Jabba post....

"High prices have caused me to evolve as a collector. I have developed a new filter and its basically this….”It’s a nice piece but it is not a $1000 piece”. Face it being a collector is a waste of money!! The worst thing Toy/Collectable company can do is making us collectors aware the value of money!!! Our desire to own a “cool figure” should always blind us to the amount of money we are spending, not make us aware!!"

That's spectacular! Best playset I've ever seen.

Brings back fond memories of my 3 3/4 inch collecting days. If you have the space, that certainly is a impressive vehicle display.

Man I can get my hands on one for $850 shipped to my door not bad considering the
eBay prices but I also wanted the new SS 1/6 scale jabba and throne. I need to decide soon which one I should get. Please help!

Great Review. Its a great product but at the end of the day it's a $500 children playset that no child will ever play with. Only thing missing on the packaging is 40+ men smiling at their purchase!! Unfortunate that there is no lights inside highlighting the details. Using a flashlight is just sad!!

:lol

Yeah this is the artwork the Barge box should have had, and the vintage-style Kenner TV commercial for it...

video-star-wars-toys-commercial-snl-adult-collectors.jpg

f7e0e92fbcf59fdf1564800f9128a2cd0451a505d7903b28a58c024b493cc55b.jpg

snl-starwars.0.0.png

Great Review. Its a great product but at the end of the day it's a $500 children playset that no child will ever play with. Only thing missing on the packaging is 40+ men smiling at their purchase!! Unfortunate that there is no lights inside highlighting the details. Using a flashlight is just sad!!
View attachment 446946

Actually I purchased mine explicitly to give to my children for Christmas in a few years. I gave up collecting 3.75” figures when I moved to Japan many moons ago (due to the difficulty in acquiring them here) but still have a huge collection sitting in storage back in USA. When I finally move back in a few years and my children are a little older, I fully intend on giving them for Christmas and their birthdays a lot of that collection.

I had the USS Flagg as a kid. I saved my birthday money and got one and it was an amazing playset. I can only hope my kids get the same enjoyment out of this as I had back in the day with the Flagg and all the other figures and vehicles.

Yeah this is the artwork the Barge box should have had, and the vintage-style Kenner TV commercial for it...

snl-starwars.0.0.png

OMG thats perfect (and most likely very true)!!!! Still makes me wonder how much BMF would cost in todays “HasLab” era. I believe it also had lighting and sound effects!!

snl-starwars.0.0.png

That's totally me when I got my Millenium Falcon a few years ago. My daughter was 8, she just smiled and rolled her eyes lol. My wife says to me...uh honey it says 'one time fit' when putting the front fins on...

I spent 2 hours taking the damn beast-thing apart just to box it up again... very sad...

Anyone have any good tips for hiding a 5-foot toy box from your girlfriend in a one-bedroom apartment? Maybe I could carve out a hole in our couch under the cushions.

OMG thats perfect (and most likely very true)!!!! Still makes me wonder how much BMF would cost in todays “HasLab” era. I believe it also had lighting and sound effects!!

Yeah, there are SO many collectibles that I'm glad were made back when they were because today they'd be nuts expensive.

That's totally me when I got my Millenium Falcon a few years ago. My daughter was 8, she just smiled and rolled her eyes lol. My wife says to me...uh honey it says 'one time fit' when putting the front fins on...

I spent 2 hours taking the damn beast-thing apart just to box it up again... very sad...

Maybe it's a generational thing, but my kids really only play with virtual "toys" nowadays - seemed to start around age 7 or so where they just didn't seem as interested in physical-world stuff vs virtual stuff. If it's not on a screen it's just not as cool. It's not universal obviously but it sometimes feels like a kid would rather play with a virtual Power Ranger or whatever on an iPad screen vs a Power Ranger action figure/toy.

720d2a3f6513d186ee8a946bb51fb3be.jpg

cd86e80454f7ef38a245f40f1142bea6.jpg
c9f7392dd87fbc99e50f3ecba373472f.jpg
3007dc8396b608dcef623ab9d81952d7.jpg
82e02adf67765dce2ccb4c756e24f9ef.jpg
9a354df2246643f23834b955d9453474.jpg

My first posing of the barge. Damn the box was big. Opting for a pre Jedi pose. My biggest complaint is how close the sails are to the deck but to be fair they recommend removing them to pose. Using my hot toys Sarlacc with the old skiff for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting that Kalzeth! There is NO denying how impressive this is. Looks great with the Sarlaac and Skiff set up as well. Nice to see that it (the Barge--no Sarlaac) swallows up all those cool characters too...

I think I would have preferred the definitive “Jabba’s Palace” one with al four sides, rancor pit, droid room and dungeon over this

I love your custom ishi tib. Also damn you because now I am getting a second gamorrean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back