3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christ Almighty, that’s probably close to $2500 AUD. Utterly ludicrous pricing. Can only hope Hasbro don’t charge that kind of cash when it goes up on eBay, or the dream of owning this will be over for me and I dare say most international collectors.

Well, the Hasbro price won't have that huge BBTS mark-up so there's that. I'm also hoping there's been some special shipping arrangement that won't be as high as the BBTS quote.

Last edited:
hahaha I already thought $500 was way too much for a Hasbro ship, BBTS's pricing is so insane it's funny.

I'm just glad my 3.75" Star Wars obsession lies more with troopers and imperial ships lol

Plus thankfully I dont have the space left to even consider owning this beast, as beautiful as it is.

This giant underscaled barge is $1,200???

:lol

2vgtrr.jpg

Well, the Hasbro price won't have that huge BBTS mark-up so there's that. I'm also hoping there's been some special shipping arrangement that won't be as high as the BBTS quote.

But BBTS surely has to know that the Hasbro/ebay thing is coming soon. Why would they put the price that high if they knew that people would have that option, and soon?

Maybe it's more about the US side where they know all the ones domestically are taken so this is the only option for those US customers who missed out on the hasbro direct order (plus I guess the Hasbro/ebay international thing will only apply to certain countries, and is limited to some degree, so will have a lot of people miss out due to their location not being covered or simply missing it.)

The whole question of just how many barges there are in this whole scenario is what's maddening.

But BBTS surely has to know that the Hasbro/ebay thing is coming soon. Why would they put the price that high if they knew that people would have that option, and soon?

Maybe it's more about the US side where they know all the ones domestically are taken so this is the only option for those US customers who missed out on the hasbro direct order (plus I guess the Hasbro/ebay international thing will only apply to certain countries, and is limited to some degree, so will have a lot of people miss out due to their location not being covered or simply missing it.)

The whole question of just how many barges there are in this whole scenario is what's maddening.

That's what I'm thinking. Although I see a lot of US commentators laughing at the BBTS price.

Having said that, I checked the quantity of Barges BBTS are offering yesterday and it was 10+. Today I checked and it was 5. Just now I checked and it's at 4. So maybe it's selling :dunno

I wonder how many people will shell out the $1200 for the BBTS barge, pay the $400-$600 shipping but then draw the line at the $4 "Collector Grade" packaging fee, lol.

So apparently people already have these in-hand, and the hull is completely dark grey, with lighter grey highlights instead of the "rusty brown" from the movie, and the prototype Hasbro was showing pictures of left and right for the past year.

Not a deal-breaker, but it's stupid. They charge $500 (before shipping) for this vehicle mainly die-hard collectors want, they even post a paint progress video with the accurate rusty brown, and at the last minute they switch it for grey?

I'm still excited but it is a bummer. I wonder how it'll look next to the new skiff?

I've gone from being furious that Hasbro screwed international fans to feeling smug that we dodged a bullet and didn't pay stupid money for a GREY barge. Will make it all the sweeter when they eventually reissue it worldwide with the correct deco.

Next year - Haslab reveal their brown Death Star :lol

One of my Barges arrived today. The two were right together tracking wise until they got to my local hub. I had them sent to the Fed Ex store since I knew I’d be at work (plus it was raining all day). I’m guessing they only had room for one on the truck to the Fed Ex store :lol

I had to borrow my mom’s minivan just to get the one home. Two would have barley fit so I could see how the truck might not have had the room for both and other packages. I expect the other to show up tomorrow. I’ll be opening one up this weekend but dang the box is HUGE!

One of my Barges arrived today. The two were right together tracking wise until they got to my local hub. I had them sent to the Fed Ex store since I knew I’d be at work (plus it was raining all day). I’m guessing they only had room for one on the truck to the Fed Ex store :lol

I had to borrow my mom’s minivan just to get the one home. Two would have barley fit so I could see how the truck might not have had the room for both and other packages. I expect the other to show up tomorrow. I’ll be opening one up this weekend but dang the box is HUGE!

One to open, one to keep in box, but what about the third one just in case?;)

Great Review. Its a great product but at the end of the day it's a $500 children playset that no child will ever play with. Only thing missing on the packaging is 40+ men smiling at their purchase!! Unfortunate that there is no lights inside highlighting the details. Using a flashlight is just sad!!
s-l1000.jpg

Back