2013 Famcon May25th-26th custom competition event

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great vids and pics fellas! Upon getting home I realized I talked to so many people at the show that I didn't get any pictures with my fellow freaks. I was bummed to say the least. But I do own the memory for life and that's whats most important!

The Famcom was a pure blast! It was a great pleasure hanging with my bros, putting faces to screen names and meeting new freaks in the process! Good times for sure!

Highlights of the show. Meeting Denny Kim and Iris and seeing Iminime's beautiful work! Meeting Scott Peterson aka Velvet Morning and his wonderful family. Also experiencing his work in person for the first time! I'm now a super fan! A real great guy and true talent! I'm watching Blade Runner this week Scott!

Seeing Nathan aka SilentSurfer getting busy in person, meeting his super helpful, caring and lovely wife "The Igor" of SilentSurfer's lab! and of course kicking it with Wendy and Jay of Hot Chicks Cool Toy Review and the homey One's Customs! His new work is just jaw dropping!

I want to thank Chris aka BigBrocha and Hector aka ShortRound for throwing a great show and putting together an awesome dinner with "all" the amenities!

Special shout to Mike aka PopCultKid for coming through with that Jack Black! We had to show em how NY does it bro!

Last but not least I would like to thank my most humble and gracious host the lovable Marlo aka Emare aka the King of Toys (Yes, he is! I seent it!) For holding my lady and I down for the trip and taking us around SoCal and showing us a great time! Love the Improv bro! What a riot! What da PUCK!!!!

Gonna post what pics I have shortly. Looking forward to next year already!!!

Last edited:
Great vids and pics fellas! Upon getting home I realized I talked to so many people at the show that I didn't get any pictures with my fellow freaks. I was bummed to say the least. But I do own the memory for life and that's whats most important!

The Famcom was a pure blast! It was a great pleasure hanging with my bros, putting faces to screen names and meeting new freaks in the process! Good times for sure!

Highlights of the show. Meeting Denny Kim and Iris and seeing Iminime's beautiful work! Meeting Scott Peterson aka Velvet Morning and his wonderful family. Also experiencing his work in person for the first time! I'm now a super fan! A real great guy and true talent! I'm watching Blade Runner this week Scott!

Seeing Nathan aka SilentSurfer getting busy in person, meeting his super helpful, caring and lovely wife "The Igor" of SilentSurfer's lab! and of course kicking it with Wendy and Jay of Hot Chicks Cool Toy Review and the homey One's Customs! His new work is just jaw dropping!

I want to thank Chris aka BigBrocha and Hector aka ShortRound for throwing a great show and putting together an awesome dinner with "all" the amenities!

Special shout to Mike aka PopCultKid for coming through with that Jack Black! We had to show em how NY does it bro!

Last but not least I would like to thank my most humble and gracious host the lovable Marlo aka Emare aka the King of Toys (Yes, he is! I seent it!) For holding my lady and I down for the trip and taking us around SoCal and showing us a great time! Love the Improv bro! What a riot! What da PUCK!!!!

Congrats on a great time my little girl is graduating high school so all my funds went to that this year. But I will be their next year so we can kick it. Now post those pics my dude!!!!!!!!

I was supposed the be there this year but couldn't make it due to my new apartment. Sometimes you nee to be reasonable.

BUT i will be there next year for sure!

I was supposed the be there this year but couldn't make it due to my new apartment. Sometimes you nee to be reasonable.

Yea we have to be grown ups once in a while. But I'll be their next year as well.

This event looked pretty small from all the pics i seen everybody took pics of the same 20 figures, i am suprised Denny flew in for this. Did he get paid to appear? I would have really enjoyed a small show like this compared to comic con. I have anxiety issues unless i am drinking, then i am fine. If Elvis will be there next and Denny again, I will have to make the trip from Louisiana and crash on RYNO's couch if i have too.

Great post Mags you really summed up the overall experience in your description, always a pleasure to be in your company and can't wait to do it all over again next year, very cool hanging with you again and meeting some of the other boardies I had yet to have the opportunity to in the past, big ups to POP for coming through with that Jack, you guys certainly represented for NY.

Congrats on a great time my little girl is graduating high school so all my funds went to that this year. But I will be their next year so we can kick it. Now post those pics my dude!!!!!!!!

Hopefully more of you guys can make it out next year, can't wait til FAMCON 2014!!!

:panic:I'm holding you to that.:hi5:

Back