FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention 2014 in Southern California-UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention May 25th & 26th in Southern California-UPD

Or better nametags that dont fall off or stab the hell out of you. :lol

:lecture :lol

I wore mine on my pants but I thought it was visible enough. A bunch of peeps recognized me by it and I recognized a bunch of Freaks by theirs.

I only spent about 4 hours there on Saturday next year I have to get there boh days and spend a little more time each day.

For the first go at this I thought it was pretty successful. For next year I have no doubt that there would be double to tripple the turn out of boardies if all the same retailers and artists come back (Denny, Surfer, Velvet, Ones, etc.) and more heavy hitters come like Seb, Kato, WGP, Beto and so on.

Re: FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention May 25th & 26th in Southern California-UPD

Or better nametags that dont fall off or stab the hell out of you. :lol

:lecture :lol

I wore mine on my pants but I thought it was visible enough. A bunch of peeps recognized me by it and I recognized a bunch of Freaks by theirs.

I only spent about 4 hours there on Saturday next year I have to get there boh days and spend a little more time each day.

For the first go at this I thought it was pretty successful. For next year I have no doubt that there would be double to tripple the turn out of boardies if all the same retailers and artists come back (Denny, Surfer, Velvet, Ones, etc.) and more heavy hitters come like Seb, Kato, WGP, Beto and so on.

:yess:I also thought the show went pretty smooth for only having about 4 months to put it all together and the name tags worked, as I mentioned not too flashy, I paid for them out of pocket so apologies for not supplying sdcc standard badge lanyards:slap. I assure you we will see the same vendors + more and all the artists have expressed their entusiasm in returning, also a couple of those heavy hitters you mentioned have already confirmed for next year!:hi5:

Next year maybe some of us alumni can help and pitch in with stuff like snazzy lanyard badges and stuff

Good stuff Chris :yess:

I'd be down to donate a little to the cause. I like snazzy badges :D

I can just make my own badge. :)

Good stuff Chris :yess:

I'd be down to donate a little to the cause. I like snazzy badges :D

Haha, thanks dude, I'll figure something out by the time the show and work on upgrading the badges:hi5:

I saw Magnus et al, everyone with name tags I didn't get one cause I probably went through side entrance I think. Met Denny, Nathan and talked to Denny for a bit then I went back home to SD. I was wearing the jacket from drive.

and that's pretty cool Emarae, I remember watching Edwin on a showtime special he was also on cops Las Vegas LOL

Had the chance to visit Frank & Son last month and meet Chris thanks to my boyfriend (ZsaszSays), and Im excited for next year's convention. :D

Chris aka Bigbrocha has just announced via Facebook that Famcon 2014 is a go for Memorial Day weekend. :D

What's the lineup like this year? Any new exhibitors, exclusives?

What's the lineup like this year? Any new exhibitors, exclusives?

I know for a fact IMINIME will be there. Im trying to get a booth of my own. Everythings still being planned.

I know for a fact IMINIME will be there. Im trying to get a booth of my own. Everythings still being planned.

Cool man can't wait to see your work in person.

Can't wait to see everyone at this years event!!! We already have Denny Kim and D.Chung confirmed, more artists, vendors and info coming soon!!!

I'm going to try and attend....missed out on last year.

I'm going to try and attend....missed out on last year.
Ditto. I really have no excuse since I live in Southern California. :lol

Chris aka Bigbrocha has just announced via Facebook that Famcon 2014 is a go for Memorial Day weekend. :D

I saw Chris last weekend at Frank and Sons and at that time he told me that he was actually going to move it from Memorial Day weekend to a different weekend. But at that time he didn't know when exactly. I'm sure he'll post an update once he has dates secured.

That would be amazing, I'd love to go again, but can't make Memorial Day weekend.

Back