FAMCON-Sideshow Freaks+Iminime Get Together +Dinner- May 25th 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1726_zps6ba95d4a.jpg

:gah: I really need to stop enjoying food so much. My belly never looks that big from my point of view.:lol

Great pics, Hector. Thanks!

"Ladies and GentleFREAKS, may I present for your intellectual and philosophical pleasure..... the assistant!"

SOMEBODY'S FINALLY COMING TO THE FREAKS FORUM

[ame]https://youtu.be/nxxSIX3fmmo[/ame]

Welcome Igor!

I wanted to say I had a great time meeting everyone! You all are very friendly and made it a lot of fun.
Big thanks to Chris for organizing the event, it must've been a huge undertaking and it turned out so well. Congrats!
Thanks to SilentSurfer and Igor for graciously letting me linger at their booth pretty much the whole day on Saturday, and thanks Nathan for letting me watch you work and for giving out some great tips and advice.
Hector and Chris it was great to see you guys again!
Marlow, Eduardo, Daryl, Mike- it was nice to meet you guys
Everyone else that I didn't get to talk to, I hope that we get the chance to next year!
Thank you Denny for the gift!

How do you escape a junior member status? I have tried to add an avatar and signature pic, :(but they are not showing.:(

Welcome Igor!

I wanted to say I had a great time meeting everyone! You all are very friendly and made it a lot of fun.
Big thanks to Chris for organizing the event, it must've been a huge undertaking and it turned out so well. Congrats!
Thanks to SilentSurfer and Igor for graciously letting me linger at their booth pretty much the whole day on Saturday, and thanks Nathan for letting me watch you work and for giving out some great tips and advice.
Hector and Chris it was great to see you guys again!
Marlow, Eduardo, Daryl, Mike- it was nice to meet you guys
Everyone else that I didn't get to talk to, I hope that we get the chance to next year!
Thank you Denny for the gift!

Thank you, Dr. Odd! It was great to meet you as well! Thank you for the crafts help at our booth as well :)

How do you escape a junior member status? I have tried to add an avatar and signature pic, :(but they are not showing.:(

I'm not sure but I think you might need a certain amount of posts before you can do that. Contact Darklord Dave to find out for certain. :)

Great vids and pics fellas! Upon getting home I realized I talked to so many people at the show that I didn't get any pictures with my fellow freaks. I was bummed to say the least. But I do own the memory for life and that's whats most important!

The Famcom was a pure blast! It was a great pleasure hanging with my bros, putting faces to screen names and meeting new freaks in the process! Good times for sure!

Highlights of the show. Meeting Denny Kim and Iris and seeing Iminime's beautiful work! Meeting Scott Peterson aka Velvet Morning and his wonderful family. Also experiencing his work in person for the first time! I'm now a super fan! A real great guy and true talent! I'm watching Blade Runner this week Scott! :wink1:

Seeing Nathan aka SilentSurfer getting busy in person, meeting his super helpful, caring and lovely wife "The Igor" of SilentSurfer's lab! and of course kicking it with Wendy and Jay of Hot Chicks Cool Toy Review and the homey One's Customs! His new work is just jaw dropping!

I want to thank Chris aka BigBrocha and Hector aka ShortRound for throwing a great show and putting together an awesome dinner with "all" the amenities! :hi5:

Special shout to Mike aka PopCultKid for coming through with that Jack Black! We had to show em how NY does it bro! :1-1:

Last but not least I would like to thank my most humble and gracious host the lovable Marlo aka Emare aka the King of Toys (Yes, he is! I seent it!:lol) For holding my lady and I down for the trip and taking us around SoCal and showing us a great time! Love the Improv bro! What a riot! What da PUCK!!!! :)

Gonna post what pics I have shortly. Looking forward to next year already!!! :exactly:

I second all of that, too:exactly:

Special thanks to Chris for putting such an awesome show together, and arranging everything.

Special thanks to Hector also, for being such great help all the way through!

I can't wait to go back next year. Too bad it didn't last longer:monkey2

Met up with Denny today. Such a sweetheart. Can't wait to help him out at the show. :)

Thanks so much Hector aka Shortround for all your help dude, your suggestions and consultation helped out a lot in putting this show together.

I second all of that, too:exactly:

Special thanks to Chris for putting such an awesome show together, and arranging everything.

Special thanks to Hector also, for being such great help all the way through!

I can't wait to go back next year. Too bad it didn't last longer:monkey2

Thanks Igor, it was my pleasure having the opportunity to work with such great people, really awesome meeting you and SilentSurfer for the first time, I feel like we have known each other for years now, haha!:lol

Well GOOD MORNING! It's a family reunion!

Morning Gruff, a pleasure meeting you for the first time also.

Special shout to Mike aka PopCultKid for coming through with that Jack Black! We had to show em how NY does it bro! :1-1:

You know it daddio! That's how it's done! Mama mia, you and I killed that whole bottle bro.

Sorry if I was less than legible by the end of the night folks :google :lol

I'll echo everything Mags and most others are saying. It was great to meet all of you and hang at both the con and the dinner; Gruff, Artoo, Rook, Doc O, Surfer & Igor, emarae, Transhi, Brotcha, DL Dave & Comm. It was also great to meet the rest of you who I recognize from the board but didn't get a chance to talk much with. It was awesome to finally meet a bunch of guys that float around the same threads as me. They're people who I frequently brush shoulders with day in and out on this board it was super cool to get face to face with them.

Velvet is a cool humble dude and a great talent. It was awesome to have a chance to talk shop with him and admire all of his work in person. Too bad he couldn't hang with us after the show.

I didn't get a chance to talk a whole lot with Ones but we did meet briefly and I saw a bunch of his new work. What a wicked Myers line up and that 2.0 Babyface is CRAZY!

A special shout to Mags, Shorty, Marfmaster (couldn't make the show but hung out on Friday night) and of course Denny. These are guys that I've spoke to frequently on the phone, PM or just on the threads and it was awesome to finally meet in person.

Denny is a total class act and Iris is a sweetheart too. They are dedicated to the company and are a great growing asset to our hobby. He is beyond generous! Thanks for those thoughtful gifts!

:goodpost: I second all of that.

Hey, PopCultKid, are you on Facebook? We need to keep in touch. You and Danni were awesome fun. Great to meet you.

Post them all. Bowling and the whole lot! :lol

Wuz up brother! Great to meet you back and me & Dani had a blast with you guys. Your girl is awesome and is so into the hobby. She's supportive and a great manager. What a gem!

Dani's on FB, I don't have a page of my own. I'll PM you hers in a few

It was great to see your work displayed at your booth and even cooler to see you in action. Is the doctor finished? POST PICS!!!!

Who's coming????

Whoa, there she goes! Welcome girl! :hi5:

Two things that I rarely leave the house without. An iPad in the morning and a bottle of Jack at night. This time I brought both!

Great shots Hector!

Last edited:
Back