2013 Famcon May25th-26th custom competition event

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to present this to some freaks here in the custom section. This convention will be mainly a 1/6 event with special guests, Iminime founder Denny Kim. Get those customs ready, there will be a custom competition event. Categories are film and military. Winners will be chosen by votes from the guest.

I was asked to help out with any ideas to make this event even more memorable. Thought I would ask for some idea here. Would love to hear them.

Confirm guests:
Velvet Morning
Zkulptor
Zebraten

Hope to see come of you guys there.

cache5075963043.jpg

Last edited:
Really can't wait to see what customs everyone is going to enter in the competition, very excited to see what figure will be everyone's favorite at the show.

I hope I can make bro! Shall I bring back the reigning champ if so???

KillerKlownSlim018.jpg

:lectureWell this is a different show than the xpo, since this is FAMCON I think technically it would be okay to submit, but are you willing to take the chance it will take top honors again:dunno Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

That Killer Klown has a real good chance of defending it's title. I haven't seen any Killer Klown customs, and having seen this piece in person it's definitely an attention grabber.

Here's an idea Chris:

How about if the customs are original work by the owner? No more, "I'm entering this piece, it's mine, I paid for it, but it was made by Elvis1976" ?

Oh, and the customizer has to be present. No submissions accepted by other than the owner/customizer.

However, if collectors want to show off their customs made by someone else, they are welcome to bring them in and display them in a special case.

Last edited:
What if you commissioned an original piece. And doesn't the custom artist get recognized for the win as well? I think it was Ones/Magnus Win.

It's going to be interesting seeing what people come up with! Custom figures have only gotten better since then.

Here's an idea Chris:

How about if the customs are original work by the owner? No more, "I'm entering this piece, it's mine, I paid for it, but it was made by Elvis1976" ?

Oh, and the customizer has to be present. No submissions accepted by other than the owner/customizer.

However, if collectors want to show off their customs made by someone else, they are welcome to bring them in and display them in a special case.

There will be a miniature museum of customs separate from the competition that will include works of art from many of the featured artists as well as some prestigious collectors showcasing their pieces. I understand what your saying with the politics of someone submitting a commissioned piece, however not everyone can paint, tailor, or sculpt, and the part of what i think we all really enjoy about the customs is the kitbashing and modding which really make a lot of everyones pieces different from each others, I suggest in order for a custom to be admissible to compete it should at least be 50% bashed by the owner and any other artists that may have contributed must be credited, most of the best customs are in peoples collections because many of the artists rarely keep their own pieces, it would be a shame not be able to see some of these. Let me know what you guys think?

Last edited:
There will be a miniature museum of customs separate from the competition that will include works of art from many of the featured artists as well as some prestigious collectors showcasing their pieces. I understand what your saying with the politics of someone submitting a commissioned piece, however not everyone can paint, tailor, or sculpt, and the part of what i think we all really enjoy about the customs is the kitbashing and modding which really make a lot of everyones pieces different from each others, I suggest in order for a custom to be admissible it should at least be 50% bashed by the owner and any other artists that may have contributed must be credited, most of the best customs are in peoples collections because many of the artists rarely keep their own pieces, it would be a shame not be able to see some of these. Let me know what you guys think?

Oh, I agree to all of that. But, would it be fair if I show up and enter 3 Elvis1976 customs? Even if I credit Seb, I would understand if another customizer that put all of his effort, drove all the way to the show and did a really kick *** custom, be upset if I won by a difference of a few votes with a custom that I put nothing of my creativity and just paid for it.
It's not an argument. Just my 2 cents. It's your show and your rules. We'll abide to them.

Oh, I agree to all of that. But, would it be fair if I show up and enter 3 Elvis1976 customs? Even if I credit Seb, I would understand if another customizer that put all of his effort, drove all the way to the show and did a really kick *** custom, be upset if I won by a difference of a few votes with a custom that I put nothing of my creativity and just paid for it.
It's not an argument. Just my 2 cents. It's your show and your rules. We'll abide to them.

No, it would not be fair if you entered 3 of someone else's work, which is why i suggested that the person entering must have at least contributed to the figure for it to be eligible to compete. So for example lets say someone else painted the head and tailored the clothes but you are the one for responsible for bashing all the parts and futzing it to the current state its in, i would say that would qualify.

Back