2010 year of the PS3.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be a GT fanboy and wasn't a big fan of the forza series but since they have failed to bring out the new one anytime soon, I still don't believe it is coming out in April, I am becoming more partial to forza 3. Not sure I am going to even bother with GT5 because in the end the games are pretty damn close it is just the Cara that are slightly different.

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. Setting up my PS3 for a wireless connection with my router took just 1 minute the first time around. I mean, if your router is working correctly, and provided that there is nothing interfering with the wireless signal to your PS3, it's an idiot proof setup :D. IDIOT PROOF! :horror :rotfl

Anyways, this thread has gone way off topic. Let's get the conversation back on track to... whatever it was we were talking about (sewer sharks? I think we were talking about sewer sharks)

If that game ever gets released I'm certain it'll start snowing down here. (hmm...it has been in the low 30's lately)
Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital should pay attention. Turn 10 has doing some great things with Forza 3. Like releasing it

You guys clearly don't get sarcasim. The point was it is not as intutive as the Xbox live which is why I buy all my games on the Xbox like pretty much everyone else I know.

No, no, you're the one who doesn't understand sarcasm, my friend :lol. If your statement were sarcastic, then it would imply that the PS3 takes very little time to set up, since sarcasm implies the opposite of what was mentioned in a statement (your statement being, that your PS3 took "hours to set up").

Your statement was more along the lines of a hyperbole - a gross exaggeration. Although... there's no shame in admitting that you had problems with an idiot-proof setup (IDIOT PROOF :horror :rotfl).

It was easier to set up wi-fi for my PS3 than most devices that I own, I'll tell you that (regardless of it being "not as intuitive" than XBL, or not) :lol.

Oh well. I'm done here.

No, no, you're the one who doesn't understand sarcasm, my friend :lol. If your statement were sarcastic, then it would imply that the PS3 takes very little time to set up, since sarcasm implies the opposite of what was mentioned in a statement (your statement being, that your PS3 took "hours to set up").

Your statement was more along the lines of a hyperbole - a gross exaggeration. Although... there's no shame in admitting that you had problems with an idiot-proof setup (IDIOT PROOF :horror :rotfl).

It was easier to set up wi-fi for my PS3 than most devices that I own, I'll tell you that (regardless of it being "less intuitive" than XBL, or not) :lol.

Oh well...

I love it when I strike a nerve with fanboys.

Both systems were easy to hook up for me...I just plugged in the ethernet cable. I didn't bother timing it because it would take more time to set up a watch then it would to plug in the cable.

I must see if I can set it up for the two I have. Time to do abit of reading.

Like yourself LOL.

I am definitely not an xbox fan boy, I own both systems and have problems with both...like the god damn red ring of death I got. I also had a problem with my PS3 about 3 days after I got it, the disc reader failed completely.

Only reason I came here to troll was because some people in here like to harass others about their opinion so I felt like being an ???????.

I am also not attacking other people personally (like some people are)...just the PS3. :)

It's probably more a stable connection.

Guess it depends on how far away you sit for the controller and where your PS3 is. I use my wireless controllers because I am a bit farther away and too cheap to purchase a longer cord but ironically my router is right next to my PS3 but I still use the wireless internet.

Which is another negative against Xbox, no built in wireless....see I am not an xbox fan boy.

Great, another fanboy thread... :banghead

Both systems have their pros and cons, and I feel pity for anyone who passes up owning either system due to their fanboyism. Whether you go with Xbox or PS3, you're missing out on some great games on the other system. The only solution is to own, and love, both.

The Wii doesn't really appeal to me, but I'm not exactly the demographic they're aiming for. Still, it has a couple of games I wouldn't mind playing, but not enough to justify me buying a third console...at this time.

Guess it depends on how far away you sit for the controller and where your PS3 is. I use my wireless controllers because I am a bit farther away and too cheap to purchase a longer cord but ironically my router is right next to my PS3 but I still use the wireless internet.
boy.

My router is in the adjoining room. What's the range on these things?

Great, another fanboy thread... :banghead

Both systems have their pros and cons, and I feel pity for anyone who passes up owning either system due to their fanboyism. Whether you go with Xbox or PS3, you're missing out on some great games on the other system. The only solution is to own, and love, both.

The Wii doesn't really appeal to me, but I'm not exactly the demographic they're aiming for. Still, it has a couple of games I wouldn't mind playing, but not enough to justify me buying a third console...at this time.

Absolutely. The only reason I don't own an XBox is I am no longer a big gamer. Just a casual gamer now with no real interest for online gaming.

i love my PS3 and the only reason i don't own the Xbox is that i'm tired of giving my money to microsoft. it's cool though i still get to play the games since my girlfriend's brother has the xbox and we play all the time.

Have a Wii though and while i hardly ever play it - except when we have a group of people over - ther are some really fun games on that system.....i'm looking at you Punch Out........

Back