2010 year of the PS3.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait for Super Street Fighter 4, God of War 3 and isnt Castlevania coming on PS3 as well?

What's funny I was sitting back today thinking and the 360 really doesn't have any exclusive AAA titles that impress me. I played Gears, ehhh. Halo 3....ehhh. Mass Effect, ehhh. Left 4 Dead is alright but the controls seems dated and so do certain things in the game. All titles failed to impress me, the only reason I got the 360 was to play with my buddies at work and to play those 360 exclusives, but they hardly play much right now because everyone doesn't really like MW2, and the exclusives don't really have that wow factor that I thought they would since everyone talks about those games like nonstop. They were all quite weak and generic shooters and what not.

I guess the best part of owning the 360 thus far was Shadow Complex, a $15 game on xbox live arcade, that and the I can buy games on the 360 that developers get lazy on or port poorly to the PS3.

I've been trying to rack my brain as to why people love these games so much. The system's best feature is it's online interface, community, and features. That and I use the netflix channel quite a bit. Otherwise it has the same games the PS3 has yet weaker exclusives. And it's more expensive to own. Paying for the online yearly (though it's a better service), and if you don't buy the charger, the batteries will kill you as the controller sucks up so much juice.

I guess I'm a bit let down by the system overall. A few shining points, but overall it just adds more passion to fire for the PS3 and everything it does right. Keep in mind I'm not bashing just making an observation. Aside from Shadow Complex and netflix I'm kind of regretting picking it up. I hope they come out with some decent exclusive titles so I can get my moneys worth.

I guess I'm a bit let down by the system overall. A few shining points, but overall it just adds more passion to fire for the PS3 and everything it does right. Keep in mind I'm not bashing just making an observation. Aside from Shadow Complex and netflix I'm kind of regretting picking it up. I hope they come out with some decent exclusive titles so I can get my moneys worth.

You're a fanboy I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

What's funny is I was sitting back the other day thinking and the PS3 really doesn't have any good exclusives. Infamos was meh, metal gear solid was alright but the others were better...were there any other exclusives? Oh yea there was Uncharted which is PS3s best game. Resistance 1 & 2 didn't even come close to gears.

I tired to play online with my friends but oh wait the PSN was down , then it took us 3 hours to figure out how to work the interface. So we stopped and just hooked up 360 and we were playing games within 2 mins.

I also bought PS3 for bluray but oh wait I have two other players now so WTF do I do with my PS3 now?

Man I cannot wait to play Fat Princess exclusively on my PS3.

What's funny I was sitting back today thinking and the 360 really doesn't have any exclusive AAA titles that impress me. I played Gears, ehhh. Halo 3....ehhh. Mass Effect, ehhh. Left 4 Dead is alright but the controls seems dated and so do certain things in the game. All titles failed to impress me, the only reason I got the 360 was to play with my buddies at work and to play those 360 exclusives, but they hardly play much right now because everyone doesn't really like MW2, and the exclusives don't really have that wow factor that I thought they would since everyone talks about those games like nonstop. They were all quite weak and generic shooters and what not.

I guess the best part of owning the 360 thus far was Shadow Complex, a $15 game on xbox live arcade, that and the I can buy games on the 360 that developers get lazy on or port poorly to the PS3.

I've been trying to rack my brain as to why people love these games so much. The system's best feature is it's online interface, community, and features. That and I use the netflix channel quite a bit. Otherwise it has the same games the PS3 has yet weaker exclusives. And it's more expensive to own. Paying for the online yearly (though it's a better service), and if you don't buy the charger, the batteries will kill you as the controller sucks up so much juice.

^^^ I feel the same way, but I was impressed with the first Resistance game. It was the first game I bought besides Uncharted so I didn't know much about the game. The second Resistance was crap to me and was nowhere near the level the first game was, which is sad.

~~Final Fantasy is supposed to be incredible, but I haven't been excited about a FF game since the PS1 days. I'd much rather play the old games on my DS.

Well, aside from the games that you listed, there are quite a number of other very good PS3 exclusives that I like, including:

-Valkyria Chronicles
-Siren: Blood Curse
-Ratchet and Clank:Tools of Destruction
-Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
-Heavenly Sword
-Warhawk
-White Knight Chronicles
-Folklore

As for the PS3 exclusives that I'm looking forward to this year (hopefully, the last two do come out this year):

-God of War III
-The Last Guardian
-Heavy Rain

What's funny is I was sitting back the other day thinking and the PS3 really doesn't have any good exclusives. Infamos was meh, metal gear solid was alright but the others were better...were there any other exclusives? Oh yea there was Uncharted which is PS3s best game. Resistance 1 & 2 didn't even come close to gears.

I tired to play online with my friends but oh wait the PSN was down , then it took us 3 hours to figure out how to work the interface. So we stopped and just hooked up 360 and we were playing games within 2 mins.

I also bought PS3 for bluray but oh wait I have two other players now so WTF do I do with my PS3 now?

Infamous I loved to death, and cannot wait for the sequel. MGS4 was awesome and really did the series justice. The first Resistance was awesome, the 2nd one was one of the biggest gaming let downs in recent history. They changed so much it didn't been feel like Resistance anymore.

We also have Killzone, the first was good and totally underrated as it was one of the best looking games on the PS2. It totally get's flack and I have no idea why. Killzone 2 had a great campaign, fun online, and some of the best graphics I've seen on a console this gen. We also have the God of War, Ratchet series, and Gran Turismo, just to name a few. s well as the new ones soon to be series...Infamous, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, etc. Don't forget the rumored new Twisted Metal game, which will pwn all.

It took you 3 hours to figure out how to get online and use the interface? It's easier than the 360. It's quite easy to navigate. I don't think it's fair to say the PS3 sucks because your lack of knowledge in setting the up online.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took you 3 hours to figure out how to get online and use the interface? It's easier than the 360. It's quite easy to navigate. I don't think it's fair to say the PS3 sucks because your lack of knowledge in setting the up online.

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. Setting up my PS3 for a wireless connection with my router took just 1 minute the first time around. I mean, if your router is working correctly, and provided that there is nothing interfering with the wireless signal to your PS3, it's an idiot proof setup :D. IDIOT PROOF! :horror :rotfl

Anyways, this thread has gone way off topic. Let's get the conversation back on track to... whatever it was we were talking about (sewer sharks? I think we were talking about sewer sharks)

Dont forget GranTurismo 5 should be out finally in April I think? and that has always been a PS exclusive game has it not.

I cant wait, I have been a GT fan from the very 1st version, my mate has Forza 3 and I would like to see how they compare visually/graphically and gameplay wise :D (Forza 3 is a great game by the way)

Dont forget GranTurismo 5 should be out finally in April I think? and that has always been a PS exclusive game has it not.

I cant wait, I have been a GT fan from the very 1st version, my mate has Forza 3 and I would like to see how they compare visually/graphically and gameplay wise :D (Forza 3 is a great game by the way)

If that game ever gets released I'm certain it'll start snowing down here. (hmm...it has been in the low 30's lately)
Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital should pay attention. Turn 10 has doing some great things with Forza 3. Like releasing it

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. Setting up my PS3 for a wireless connection with my router took just 1 minute the first time around. I mean, if your router is working correctly, and provided that there is nothing interfering with the wireless signal to your PS3, it's an idiot proof setup :D. IDIOT PROOF! :horror :rotfl

Anyways, this thread has gone way off topic. Let's get the conversation back on track to... whatever it was we were talking about (sewer sharks? I think we were talking about sewer sharks)

You guys clearly don't get sarcasim. The point was it is not as intutive as the Xbox live which is why I buy all my games on the Xbox like pretty much everyone else I know.

Back