12" is not stopped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on whether or not they address the issues with the Pro and whether or not you want to complete one line or start a new one.

I guess both (or any line) have the diehards, the questions which line has the most, my guess is SW. After that how do you calculate how many you can sell to each group, and will this particular item sell well within that fan base.

Maaaaaybe they are talking time due to the creation of new bodies to Cater to some baddies..

Paniced doomsday goobers always make me laugh..

While I understand "on hold" can mean "products in development" or "license renewal" or just as it states, "on hold," etc., I'd give people a little leniency here. There's some legitimacy to that mindset when thinking about the 12" figures. First off, both Hobbits are still available as well as Gandolf - Key characters and the EXCLUSIVES at that! In Sideshow's eyes, that means loss of interest. Additionally, their use of "on hold" for past lines adds weight. New Line Horror "on hold," Bond line "on hold," Universal Monsters line "on hold." It's been years since we've seen new figures from these lines (and no, the Legacy Bonds don't count! :lol). With the popularity of Bond right now, Sideshow couldn't keep a Daniel Craig in stock. Same could be said about the upcoming Friday the 13th and Universal's The Wolfman remakes.

Well, new to the LOTR 1/6 line, I've made my way through every post in this thread and found no definitive answer on whether or not the line has ended. I will be optomistic and hope for the best, that Sideshow will at least complete the Fellowship. They definately put the work into the Hobbit body, so Merry and Pippen should not be too difficult. Why not bundle them in one package for $100? Or I would pay whatever anyway, so it does not really matter to me.

I have done my part by ordering a Samwise from Sideshow. I hope they sell out so SS sees interest in the line. Can't wait to get my first three figures, and add the others as I can!

Gandalf, Frodo, and Sam on the way...

:D

Congrats on joining the journey. If they did a buddy pack it would be closer to 139.00.

I think they should release Merry and Pippin as exclusives with bigger figures (ie Saruman with Merry and Wraithe with Pippin).

Unfortunately, this line has gone the way of their other 12" lines like Universal Monsters, Newline's House of Horrors, James Bond, Sideshow's HellBoy line, Bayonets and Barbed Wire, Sean of the Dead (where's my zombie Ed dammit? It's an easy variant!), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Army of Darkness, Brotherhood of Arms, Planet of the Apes, X-Files, etc.... anyone see the pattern yet? :p

With great licenses like the Bond series and even X-Files both with new movies out (X-Files on DVD) peaking interest in the properties, all we hear are crickets. Hell, with the series running hotter than ever and a movie with Batman's Christian Bale just on the horizon, there isn't a better time to revamp the Terminator license with a John Conner from T2 using the Hobbit body! Shouldn't they be milking that little body for every penny they can get out of it to cover development? :huh

EDIT: John Conner would be easy too. They already have the OD jacket and tennies they've used over and over. All they'd need are the blue jeans, a red T-shirt and a flock-of-seagulls capped headsculpt of Mr. No Problemo himself.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this line has gone the way of their other 12" lines like Universal Monsters, Newline's House of Horrors, James Bond, Sideshow's HellBoy line, Bayonets and Barbed Wire, Sean of the Dead (where's my zombie Ed dammit? It's an easy variant!), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Army of Darkness, Brotherhood of Arms, Planet of the Apes, X-Files, etc.... anyone see the pattern yet? :p

With great licenses like the Bond series and even X-Files both with new movies out (X-Files on DVD) peaking interest in the properties, all we hear are crickets. Hell, with the series running hotter than ever and a movie with Batman's Christian Bale just on the horizon, there isn't a better time to revamp the Terminator license with a John Conner from T2 using the Hobbit body! Shouldn't they be milking that little body for every penny they can get out of it to cover development? :huh

EDIT: John Conner would be easy too. They already have the OD jacket and tennies they've used over and over. All they'd need are the blue jeans, a red T-shirt and a flock-of-seagulls capped headsculpt of Mr. No Problemo himself.

I agree with this. I have yet to hear Sideshow outright state that ANY of their lines are completely dead. And I believe the LOTR line is in the same limbo as those mentioned in the quoted post. Buffy got put WAY on the back burner for a long time (wasn't it like 2 years?) and then they tested the interest with a figure or 2 and now it is gone again. I, myself will not be looking for a new LOTR figure...EVER. If we get one 2 years from now (or whenever), I will be all over it. But I am writing off the line for the time being. I would expect a POTA figure before we get another LOTR one (1:6 scale speaking).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back