12" is not stopped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dasciutto

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Helllo Collectors,

I just received an email from Sideshow see below.

My email to Sideshow last week :

Is it true that Sideshow has stopped the 12" line for Lord of the rings?

I have heared this on difrent forums.

I am a Lord of the rings collector for the 12" line and the premium
format line.

I hope Sideshow don't stop these lines. Else my 12" line is not
completed.

Best regards,

Dimitri

-------------------------------------------------------

Answer from Sideshow

Dear Dimitri,

Thank you for your email. Sideshow has not stopped the 12" line of Lord of the Rings Collectibles. We are not sure where this rumor came since we've never announced anything like that. All we can say at this time is keep checking the newsletter for future announcements and news on the 12" line.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Jeff Dean
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Direct Ph: (805) 214-2182
U.S. Toll Free: (800) 474-3746
Int'l Ph: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2
U.S / Int'l Fx: (805) 214-2190

So this is realy good news for us 12" collectors

And I'm sure they're hoping you're that gullible.

No this line isn't stopped, but it's on hiatus until.............well who the hell knows when. Gandalf was announced how long ago? And we haven't had another figure since.

You people need to take a hint already. This line may not be 'dead', but it certainly is on life support.

I think that the devolopers are working hard on the background
with the new figures.
And than Sideshow will release them when the prototypes are ready.

with the new figures.

You sir, are wrong.

This is a money issue. The figs aren't selling. You really think we're gonna see a Merry and Pippen with how poorly the Sam and Frodo figures sold :rotfl

with the new figures.

Point is, I think we heard from a head honcho that the line had been suspended or more appropriately "put on hold." I dunno. I'll take his word over that of a customer service rep. I posed this question to them on the Ask Sideshow link on their website so hopefully we'll see something official some time soon. Unfortunately, this has lead to further rumors of Sideshow phasing out their complete 12" line of collectibles too. Rumors, which, seeing as how they just developed 3 new bodies, seem far fetched.

that email was from Jeff Dean who likes to break our hearts by telling us that our waitlists didn't convert so he is setting you up to break your heart. don't let him do it man, this line is on the back-burner at the back of the warehouse!

I think that this line is only slows down now, but not stopped.
And we are collectors,
And it is never possible to build a collection in a few weeks.

And to build a real good collection,
it can takes many years and years of collecting.

Someone please tell me why people who have no interest in this line come into this section and the 12" threads just to crap on it? :(

Helllo Collectors,

I just received an email from Sideshow see below.

My email to Sideshow last week :

Is it true that Sideshow has stopped the 12" line for Lord of the rings?

I have heared this on difrent forums.

I am a Lord of the rings collector for the 12" line and the premium
format line.

I hope Sideshow don't stop these lines. Else my 12" line is not
completed.

Best regards,

Dimitri

-------------------------------------------------------

Answer from Sideshow

Dear Dimitri,

Thank you for your email. Sideshow has not stopped the 12" line of Lord of the Rings Collectibles. We are not sure where this rumor came since we've never announced anything like that. All we can say at this time is keep checking the newsletter for future announcements and news on the 12" line.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Jeff Dean
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Direct Ph: (805) 214-2182
U.S. Toll Free: (800) 474-3746
Int'l Ph: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2
U.S / Int'l Fx: (805) 214-2190

So this is realy good news for us 12" collectors

Thanks! I'll take even a small glimmer of hope! :lol

O yeah we must always have hope.
I don't think that Sideshow drop his fans.

We must have patient with collecting.
It's a long way to build a collection.

And i think with the Hobbit on his way this line will speed-up again.

Its dead, stop dreaming...you guys probably were not there when highlander failed...its deja vu for older collectors all over again... Its dead.

well even though i have no hope, i remember after faramir was relesed we were kinda in the same situation. we kept wondering when the next figure would be and i believe the answer that i can remember was something like: "the line is paused while we are working out some unforeseen issues" or something like that. then a few months later they hit us with the hobbits. so if the line is really on hold and will be back soon i would have to say it is becuse they are working on something totally kick ass like an orc body or something. but this is just wishful thinking on my part. im pretty sure the line is over for good.

Although it would be hilarious if the line wasn't really on hold and every body panicked... I know I've spent money aquiring a ToyBiz and DiD figures because of it :lol

it's common knowledge. if you hang out in the LOTR section it is a prerequisite to put shai and nash on ignore.:lecture

ps. this works quite well for other sections too.

Jeff the Shatterer of Dreams needs to come into this thread to clear this up, does he mean it's just on hold or really going forward with new releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back