12" is not stopped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up with all the news after a busy festive period and just want to add my woes to everyone elses. I was one of the hopefuls that believed this line hadn't ended but with this announcement from SS... this pretty much seals it eh?

Faramir being released was never really a problem for me (paint is a different matter) and seemed to indicate that SS were being diverse in their selections.

What I really can't beleive is that SS bailed on this line just when they got armoured figures (great for SW fans) sussed... armored figures + LotR = WIN.

1 villain + an armored figure may get the line re-invigorated then peeps might go back and pick up the others? This has been said many times over...

It also needs to be pointed out that TDK, Iron Man plus other licenses/lines pulled people away... including me! Waiting for LotR stuff made me angsty and I picked up Batman, Predator and DC figures plus the occasional SW 12" (SW in general is a dirty little habit that I can't quit!). But the difference with me is I always prioritised LotR over everything else. Even cancelled my exclusive ANH Luke in favor of the hobbits!

Other collectors might not have done the same... but it was Aragorn as Strider the Ranger that first drew me to 12" figures and Sideshow in the first place... making this news even harder to bear!

In this hobby there is only 2 constant.

Star wars & marvel

all the others are expendable.

We all know Hot Toys would do LOTR justice, i think SSC did not handle this licence well at all.

In this hobby there is only 2 constant.

Star wars & marvel

all the others are expendable.

You forgot the one other constant :

LOTR products hold their value, and Star Wars products don't. :monkey3

Is it a bad assumption to think that Warner would only take teh license away if they another "buyer"?

Yeah. Its a bad assumption because its more likely that SS's license expired and they chose not to renew it.

indeed... perhaps it's time to kill the thread with a lock then? that being the case....
inbeforethelock-1.gif

Yeah. Its a bad assumption because its more likely that SS's license expired and they chose not to renew it.

yup, that would make sense since they still have the pfs, dios and busts. why just pull one. hopefully somebody picks it up and starts it up again but i don't really see that happening until the hobbit gets close to release and then maybe somebody will bite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back