12" is not stopped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it would be hilarious if the line wasn't really on hold and every body panicked... I know I've spent money aquiring a ToyBiz and DiD figures because of it :lol

I'm not too worried about that. The metal DID weapons are nicer than the plastic sideshow ones anyway. So any future sideshow releases will get a nice upgrade with what I've bought.

I'm not too worried about that. The metal DID weapons are nicer than the plastic sideshow ones anyway. So any future sideshow releases will get a nice upgrade with what I've bought.

True, plus for what I paid for these two figures -- both together was far less than one SS Hobbit -- its worth having the parts around... could always build something with the bits of outfits and helmets, like an Orc.

True, plus for what I paid for these two figures -- both together was far less than one SS Hobbit -- its worth having the parts around... could always build something with the bits of outfits and helmets, like an Orc.

I would have to disagree completely with that. The DiD metal weapons are out of scale and have very soft sculpts - no where near as detailed as the plastic ones from SSC. The costumes are very lacking in detail too.

I would have to disagree completely with that. The DiD metal weapons are out of scale and have very soft sculpts - no where near as detailed as the plastic ones from SSC. The costumes are very lacking in detail too.

I don't think he was saying they were better that SSCs, but that if SSC would make a Gimli, he could always use the parts for something else that he doesn't have, like an Orc.

I don't think he was saying they were better that SSCs, but that if SSC would make a Gimli, he could always use the parts for something else that he doesn't have, like an Orc.

Bingo!

If a better SS Gimli version comes down the line, then I haven't wasted money on these two kits as I'll have fodder for some other LOTR figure. I was just trying to point out that getting the TB and DiD kits wasn't a waste of money should SS ever do a Gimli.

Bingo!

If a better SS Gimli version comes down the line, then I haven't wasted money on these two kits as I'll have fodder for some other LOTR figure. I was just trying to point out that getting the TB and DiD kits wasn't a waste of money should SS ever do a Gimli.

And, as you pointed out, even if SS announced a Gimli, it'd be 10-12 months before we had it in hand.
I just want to get Gimli past me asap so I can move on the the real challenge - Merry & Pippin!

is gandalf even sold out yet :lol this line is dead :cool: but i still hope for DID orc's

I'm shocked that customizers out there aren't jumping on making some Orcs to sell while the iron is hot!

Customizers: you guys are missing out on some fast cash.

What parts would you use for Orcs?

What do you mean, from what?

Gimli? Could probably refashion his helmet, alter his gauntlets, belts, etc. The TB version has those braided rope things. I don't know, but there's lot of parts to use if you wanted... but I didn't mean that you could make an Orc out of him. Just use some bits.

There's also armor from the Timeline figures and Olaf. I saw a great chest armor piece from some Roman figure. There's bits out there for a random Orc warrior, not necessarily a specific Orc character. It's the sculpt and body that are tough. Although there is the Boromor Orc head.

Yeah, I'm just curious what 1/6 scale parts could be used, particularly for limbs and the head sculpt. Of course a generic orc head isn't quite as hard to sculpt from scratch as a human, but it's still more work than I want to tackle at the moment.

You sir, are wrong.

This is a money issue. The figs aren't selling. You really think we're gonna see a Merry and Pippen with how poorly the Sam and Frodo figures sold :rotfl

The figures arent selling...$70 for Frodo & Sam is WAAAAY too much...Sideshow has to work with their distributor or factory and find a way to reduce the price...Because if Frodo & Sam doesnt sell, Merry & Pippen definately wont...However, a Gimli Ex. would be more than likely sell out, but it needs to be in the $50-60 range...

Well if SSC does comes back with new 12"..I would like to see Merry, Pippen & Gimli...but I would love Saruman, King Theoden & some Orcs...

$70 for Frodo & Sam is WAAAAY too much...

However, a Gimli Ex. would be more than likely sell out, but it needs to be in the $50-60 range...

Sam and frodo are worth every penny. (despite the smaller body)

Yeah...50-60$ figs are a thing of the past.

Things are not selling cause the LOTR 1/6 collecting base is just not there. It's not the giant SW is. And the movies are not hot right now so people lose their attention span quickly. (except for the diehards)

I really don't understand how people can say that $70 for Frodo or Sam is too much.
The figures come with lots of unique accessories, lots of unique clothing items and a completely new body.
Do you gus actually think the amount of plastic is what makes a figure costly? :rolleyes:

What makes a figure costly is the amount of R&D that goes into it and the costs of tooling and making the molds.
In that respect, these figures are as expensive to produce as any other LOTR figure, and factoring in the cost of the new body, even more expensive to produce.

What? Just because they're small you expect them to be cheap? You are simply not understanding how much work goes into producing these figures. I'm not saying 70 bucks is cheap. What I'm saying is that if the new base price for intricate, licensed figures is already hovering at around 70-80 dollars, there is no reason to believe these guys should be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back