Whats up with the TBDs now on the Exclusive preorders? SSC going back on their word!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last year I spoke to Mike Tolentino about the NRDs introduction & this is what he wrote back (Yes I save all my emails LOL). I highlighted everything in red. It seems that SSC has gone back on their word on this. As you can see the NRDS are still there but the ES are no longer revealed on all the exclusives statues. The ES are also a lot higher then last year.

Dear VS1976,

Thank you so much for your email and for expressing your concerns regarding the required Non Refundable Deposit for the Beast Comiquette. We appreciate the customer feedback that we receive and value the opportunity to hear the opinions of our fans.

To address the first point in your e-mail, it is our intention to begin setting an edition sizes earlier and alerting our customers as soon as they are in place. We understand that to some collectors the determined edition size is a key factor in determining if you would like to bring the statue home with you. We appreciate that and hope to provide that information much sooner then we have in the past. You will also notice that Exclusive edition sizes will becoming more and more limited. We hope that the newly required deposits on the Exclusive editions will help our more serious collectors have the opportunity to secure their piece.

Your second point was requesting an accurate release date when we originally solicit the item. While we would love to be able to provide accurate shipping and processing dates when we put the item for pre-sale, unfortunately there are numerous variables that can occur during the production of an item that make listing a specific date nearly impossible. We currently try to alert customers of any change in delivery schedule as quickly as possible. In the event an item arrives earlier then anticipated we urge our customers to call us to request a delay in payment, or arrange a Flexible Payment plan with us that could help accommodate the unexpected charge.

Your final point was regarding the scale of our products. We understand the high importance that some collectors hold the scale in. Because we have so many different types of collectors with all kinds of different tastes we will always have various lines of statues such as Premium Format, Comiquettes, Maquettes, and dioramas that will contain different scales. We do try to maintain the scale within each line however due to different circumstances that can happen during manufacturing we can not guarantee that there will be uniform scale across a line. We are currently working on different scales indicators within the galleries to give you a better sense the statues size before committing your order.

As I mentioned before, it is our hope that the newly required 10% Non Refundable Deposits will give our serious collectors a greater opportunity at pre-ordering the items they really want.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter and would like to send you a Spooktacular Kit in gratitude. We will of course cover shipping costs and import fees.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager
Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Direct Ph: (805) 214-2116
U.S. Toll Free: (800) 474-3746
Int’l Ph: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2
U.S / Int’l Fx: (805) 214-2190

Last edited:
The message says they're going to try to get out edition sizes earlier. Is there any evidence to suggest they aren't?

The message says they're going to try to get out edition sizes earlier. Is there any evidence to suggest they aren't?

Yah look at the last few weeks dating back to Spook. There had announced ES on all the EX prior to spook.

Having the company explain why they are now doing this now would be a good thing.

They mentioned words like "intended" and "as soon as". There is nothing for Sideshow to explain. They did not guarantee to provide an ES for every Exclusive piece at the time of pre-order.

^^ So how long is a reasonable time to wait for the Ex statue to be announced the ES then?

It is absolutely ridiculous that up until Spook 2011 almost everything but the Joker PF EX had an announced ES when the preorder went up. We are going into 3 weeks without an announced ES on the first EX Predator Statue.

There is no "intend" anymore. IMO, SSC has gone back on their word. ES aren't lower then before with the introduction of NRD. This is a simple cash grab after they realize how great the NRD benefit them. :lecture

Their not going to get any money from me anymore on the NRD preorders unless it's a must buy item and that wouldn't be many. If they want my NRDs right away (which benefits them more because interest are collected), they better announced the ES sooner.

Personally I think down the road, SSC will get less preorders on all there statues due to price of the statues going up & the NRDs. It's also a matter of time before other competition like GG to release 1:4 scale statues and SSC will need to change how they run there business if they want to stay at the top. I am getting fed up with this BS now and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only way that feels it too.

Last edited:
They will pretty much try to push and test the boundaries as much as possible with NRD just like everything else. Who knows....sooner or later, everything may be NRD + TBD on preorder if it doesn't deter customers and people still preorder anyways.

^^ So how long is a reasonable time to wait for the Ex statue to be announced the ES then?

It is absolutely ridiculous that up until Spook 2011 almost everything but the Joker PF EX had an announced ES when the preorder went up. We are going into 3 weeks without an announced ES on the first EX Predator Statue.

There is no "intend" anymore. IMO, SSC has gone back on their word. ES aren't lower then before with the introduction of NRD. This is a simple cash grab after they realize how great the NRD benefit them. :lecture

Their not going to get any money from me anymore on the NRD preorders unless it's a must buy item and that wouldn't be many. If they want my NRDs right away (which benefits them more because interest are collected), they better announced the ES sooner.

Personally I think down the road, SSC will get less preorders on all there statues due to price of the statues going up & the NRDs. It's also a matter of time before other competition like GG to release 1:4 scale statues and SSC will need to change how they run there business if they want to stay at the top. I am getting fed up with this BS now and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only way that feels it too.

are you gonna be ok???

Seems to be yet another thread yelling fire in a theater when someone burned the popcorn.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back