12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta have Indy's satchel, or "shoulder bag". That's an important part of his outfit. Hopefully Sideshow will send you one quickly. :whip

Thanks, Bud! No reply yet, but it's only been a day. I'll call customer service next week if no word after Monday.

AARRGHHH!!!

I'm so majorly p*ssed! Indy was supposed to arrive this morning but UPS tracking now says "Exception--Adverse Weather Conditions" and it looks like it's still in Cerritos, CA since Wednesday!

I've been checking that stupid thing every day (I know, a watched pot never boils), and there wasn't anything yesterday or Wednesday! At least if I had known then that there was a delay, I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up!

:cuss

:mad:

:crying

When I first got mine, the magnet on the strap part of the whip holder barely made contact with the other magnet on the belt part. Pretty much just the edge of it touched and his whip would fall off if you looked at him funny. I considered removing/regluing it, but left it in place. In the week and a half that I have had him, it seems the the leather must have stretched because now the magnets mate up perfectly! I guess the magentic force, over time, slowly stretched the strap...either that or it is a Christmas miracle:eek:

I just got my INDY today!!! Its my first Sideshow figure. As soon as I got it out of the box I was shaking the figure to make it do the head bop and it sure did it well. The neck was really loose on mine too. I fixed it up with some super glue on every neck joint and its ok now.
I was one of the few who criticized the jacket when the first pics came out. I'd have to say I am impressed by it now! Its material is really thin allowing realistic creases. If you look at the jacket up close you could see a waffle like pattern on it and this is my only gripe about the jacket.

I was gonna repaint it but I might put that off for now as I like the paint job on my headsculpts.

The holster is a little too big for me...so I might sew a smaller one out of real leather later on.

I was trying to swap the headsculpt onto an ACE body but found out the Shirt was way too small to fit onto the ACE body!!! I tried it on a Hot Toys True Type body and its still too tight! Anyone having the same problems?
I decided to keep the headsculpt with the hat on the original Pro body and outfit. I took the hatless sculpt and put that onto the ACE body for an alternative indy outfit.

Overall I give this figure a thumbs up other than the shirt being on the smaller side and the narrow shoulders...

I like mine, but something is keeping me from loving it. Based on this piece, I have decided to pass on any other Indy figs...

If you don't like the 12" Indy may I suggest you run screaming like mad hell from the Indy PF.

The 12" dominates it.

I was trying to swap the headsculpt onto an ACE body but found out the Shirt was way too small to fit onto the ACE body!!! I tried it on a Hot Toys True Type body and its still too tight! Anyone having the same problems?

I haven't tried switching the bodies but I did notice the shirt looked extremely small, which led me to the idea of using the SS shirt for my Temple of Doom Indy and slapping a Relic Hunter shirt on the SS figure.

Haven't got around to it yet, so we'll see how it goes.

That AMAZING PF likeness and the fact that it's 18" can't make up for the obvious discrepancies.

Also, tack on about $180 more dollars and it's a safe bet the guy in question would be disappointed all to hell. I could be wrong, but it's a safe bet.

Maybe, but as far as I recall, you're the only person here to express disappointment in the PF. That's a perfectly valid opinion, but it's not shared by most other people, it would seem.

I haven't tried switching the bodies but I did notice the shirt looked extremely small, which led me to the idea of using the SS shirt for my Temple of Doom Indy and slapping a Relic Hunter shirt on the SS figure.

Haven't got around to it yet, so we'll see how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Hey Ashton...is the Relic Hunter shirt much bigger? Do you have a True Type body and Ace body you could try them on? I might wanna get the relic hunter shirt but I'm worried it might not fit on the ACE body too...

I actually just put the relic hunter shirt on the SS Indy and it looks pretty good, though it's a tad baggy so it would probably look great on one of the aforementioned bodies.

The only hitch is, it's off-white so if you want the stark white SS look you'll need to bleach it.

I'll try to throw up some pics later.

I just got my INDY today!!! Its my first Sideshow figure. As soon as I got it out of the box I was shaking the figure to make it do the head bop and it sure did it well. The neck was really loose on mine too. I fixed it up with some super glue on every neck joint and its ok now.
I was one of the few who criticized the jacket when the first pics came out. I'd have to say I am impressed by it now! Its material is really thin allowing realistic creases. If you look at the jacket up close you could see a waffle like pattern on it and this is my only gripe about the jacket.

I was gonna repaint it but I might put that off for now as I like the paint job on my headsculpts.

The holster is a little too big for me...so I might sew a smaller one out of real leather later on.

I decided to keep the headsculpt with the hat on the original Pro body and outfit. I took the hatless sculpt and put that onto the ACE body for an alternative indy outfit.

Overall I give this figure a thumbs up other than the shirt being on the smaller side and the narrow shoulders...

It fits on the TrueType. I put mine on one sleeve at a time. Just make sure you don't put both arms back at once or you'll get Right Said Fred Indy.:lol

Maybe, but as far as I recall, you're the only person here to express disappointment in the PF. That's a perfectly valid opinion, but it's not shared by most other people, it would seem.

There's one photo on the Sideshow website where for some reason the angle/lighting makes him look like Ron Perlman. But by far, I'm thoroughly impressed with just about every aspect of the PF and am entirely glad I was able to snag an exclusive.

Last edited:
There's one photo on the Sideshow website where for some reason the angle/lighting makes him look like Ron Perlman. But by far, I'm thoroughly impressed with just about every aspect of the PF and am entirely glad I was able to snag an exclusive.

P1040698.jpg

dharper's pics.

Seriously guys...keeping in mind the sculpt's perfect, you don't see anything wrong with this picture?

The fact that his jacket nearly blends in with the background isn't alarming to anyone?

Seriously, I'm gonna' get off of this now. I'm almost ready to punch myself in the face :lol :monkey1

Back