12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a piece of masking tape over the ball joint at the base of the neck and he holds poses perfectly now.
Well, his neck does, anyway.

I was also very worried about the floppy neck when I first opened him up this morning. But by the time I got home tonight, the neck is a thousand times better! It's not perfect or tight by any means, but at least he can hold his head up and keep a pose!

I think the Prometheus has potential...but ultimately it falls short of the TrueType. The TrueType's articulation is not only more natural, but the body itself is more realistic and is portrayed that way even with clothes on.

The Prometheus' shoulders should be wider. People complain about TT's shoulders...but I think they're perfect and actually more accurate especially when clothes are on. The weird "empty back hip" joint is strange and looks weird on Indy from behind. The Prometheus is certainly capable of some dynamic, athletic poses...but it has some kinks and is only as good as the quality behind it. The TrueType is still the best.

I switched Indy to a TT and it made a 100% difference. The figure looks MUCH BETTER with it. Now I finally have the Indy figure I always wanted.

If you have a TT or are questionable about Indy's body...buy a TT for him, you won't regret it.

I have a True Type with the hatless Indy head on it now. I was going to use for a custom Professor Jones. I think I'll switch bodies now. I'll put the Indy head with the hat on on the TT body. The Prometheus body will work fine for a Professor Jones I would think. He'll just be in a standing pose. Not any action pose that the Indy will be in.

Hey "thenammagazine" I'm going to try that snipping or cutting on the wrist pegs of the Sideshow Indy hands so they'll fit on my TT body correctly.

Hey "thenammagazine" I'm going to try that snipping or cutting on the wrist pegs of the Sideshow Indy hands so they'll fit on my TT body correctly.

If I were you though, since you're keeping Professor on the Pro, and swapping Adventure Gear Indy to the TT, only snip the gloved hands as they don't really fit all to well in the Pro after their circumcision. :lol

The end of your posts are getting cut off for some reason. :confused: So you're saying if I put my "adventure gear" Indy on the TT body to only cut the pegs on the gloved hands? I just want to be sure. Let me know. Thanks again!

Also, what are good feet pegs and shoes to use on the TT body for my Professor Jones? I need some feet for him.

Last edited:
The end of your posts are getting cut off for some reason. :confused: So you're saying if I put my "adventure gear" Indy on the TT body to only cut the pegs on the gloved hands? I just want to be sure. Let me know. Thanks again!

Also, what are good feet pegs and shoes to use on the TT body for my Professor Jones? I need some feet for him.

Well, since you have Professor Indy on the Pro, I'm guessing you'll want some hands to use with him. So when you do the mod for the hands to fit on the TrueType, only cut off the gloved ones to use with the TrueType as once cut, the hands don't really fit on the Pro anymore. They'll go in, but won't stay put.

As for the shoes, I'm a bit confused. Since you're putting Adventure Indy on the TT, just heat up the shoes and remove the pegs from the pro. TT foot pegs will fit in the sockets of his adventure boots easily. Then just pop the boots onto the TT and you're good to go. For the Pro body, just find some normal HotToys black "socket shoes" to fit your Professor Jones' feet. If you can't find any, you can glue TT feet onto the Pro's footpegs (with some minor trimming) and then find some Dragon dress shoes to fit.

Right now I have the "adventure gear" Indy still together on the Sideshow Prometheus body as it came to me from Sideshow. I have my custom Professor Indy started on the Hot Toys True Type body. I want to do the switch and put the "adventure gear" Indy head with the fixed fedora hat, and his gear on to the HT TT body. I then want to put my Professor Jones on to the Sideshow Prometheus body. I think I'll look around for some loose HT TT hands and feet to just put on to the HT TT body. I wanted to keep the set of bare Sideshow Indy hands for my adventure gear Indy. Thanks for your help. I'll look around for those TT feet and hands, and dress shoes for my Proffesor Jones.

My "adventure gear" Indy is also still together on the Sideshow Prometheus body as it came to me from Sideshow. I also have a custom Professor Indy on the Hot Toys True Type body with Giles' clothing (like to turn the tie into a bowtie though) and my second Indy with hat (from ToyAnxiety) is on another HT True Type with some of the Hasbro items (and the pants from the 1/6 Ash) that I'll be modifying into a Temple of Doom Indy soon (oh and he's holding the machete from the Moore Live and Let Die Bond). I've got a regular Indy on the way that I'll pose without his jacket (a la marketplace) and whip uncoiled but I'm still unsure about that second hatless head sculpt.

I'd like to turn him into a map room Indy but I'll hold off on that for now.

The pro issues seem to be all over the place. My Indy's head/neck joint is just fine, seems to hold any pose, and certainly not as floppy as that one video. It's much better than the Buck, where you would move the head and it would just spring back into place. The only joints on my Indy that are remotely loose ate his hips...not that they are rag-doll floppy, just looser than any of the other joints. I guess I lucked out on this one, but I really hope that SS fixes all these problems with the body.

My Pro had the loose neck and the forearms come off. Other than that, the rest of the joints are fine. The leg/ass joint look bad though.

SS should have just licensed the TT.

Production issues aside, the only design flaw I find with the Pro is the flap covering the hip joint that stops at the hip piece when you rotate the leg in a straight up standing positons, just annoys me.

My second Indy arrived yesterday. Will be sending this down to Josh for his amazing work to be done on this guy. This one will be posed with the Idol Pedestal when Belloq ships.

Overall I'm very happy with Indy and I don't have a need to change his body. His head is not floppy anymore, and his joints are all fine. The new body does take some getting used to, though. His legs are still a little weird for me to position--I guess I got used to the Buck. I don't have any True Type figures or bodies, I only have Sideshow Bucks, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. But I'm having good fun posing him and I haven't felt limited by the body construction or quality (except for the weird legs thing). I do wish they would have included an open hand, as others here have stated. I'll have to try and get one of the Buck ones to go on the peg like some have suggested.

My "adventure gear" Indy is also still together on the Sideshow Prometheus body as it came to me from Sideshow. I also have a custom Professor Indy on the Hot Toys True Type body with Giles' clothing (like to turn the tie into a bowtie though) and my second Indy with hat (from ToyAnxiety) is on another HT True Type with some of the Hasbro items (and the pants from the 1/6 Ash) that I'll be modifying into a Temple of Doom Indy soon (oh and he's holding the machete from the Moore Live and Let Die Bond). I've got a regular Indy on the way that I'll pose without his jacket (a la marketplace) and whip uncoiled but I'm still unsure about that second hatless head sculpt.

I'd like to turn him into a map room Indy but I'll hold off on that for now.

That sounds great! You and I have some of the same ideas for some nice Indy customs. :D I just need some feet and shoes for my Professor Jones. I am going to put the adventure gear on the HT body, and my Professor on the SS Prometheus body.

Back