12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine today.

The negative:
The head flopped around like a fish, but a little super glue on the peg fixed it up nicely.
I tried removing the hand and pulled off the whole forearm, which would have stunk if it didn't go right back in. I just have to get used to this style of body.
The shirt looks like it has a small tear in it but since Indy isn't exactly dainty and I intend on weathering him, not a big deal.
The joints are somewhat loose. I won't try and pose him without the stand but he's not as bad as I feared.
The 'beard' is horrible.

The positive:
It's an impressive piece with a lot of attention to detail. I'm impressed with the number of items he comes with and the overall execution of the figure. While it doesn't redefine the industry, I think it's headed the right way.

me too I'm impressed, but all the negatives stated on this thread is true. but I plan to weather him up real nice too.. I love it! just wished the heads were one piece..

Yeah, he's about the same height as a Dragon body. I assume future Prometheus based figures will be in this new shorter scale.

Mine arrived today. Like Anzik said, the head is a little too loose, anyone got any ideas to remedy this?

Other than the head being floppy, I'm really amazed by the figure. There are so many poses that look great I don't know which one to go with when I put Indy on the shelf! I might need several of these guys for a fighting Indy, Idol toting Indy, Shooting Indy, Whip Action Indy, or even the now classic Indy drinking booze from the Grail!

Bring on Belloq and Toht!

Hey -- what ever happened to the magnet that was supposed to be in the holster???

I wondered about it when I got it, but I just watched the backstage pass video and Klauder says there's one in the bag AND HOLSTER...???

I think the way they did it is better actually, more accurate, but I'm surprised this was never brought up by some of our more "critical" members here.

Speaking of magnets (and this has probably come up, but I tuned out of this thread for quite a while) isn't the little magnetized whip holder on his belt too small to actually put the whip in if you have it the right way up?

Speaking of magnets (and this has probably come up, but I tuned out of this thread for quite a while) isn't the little magnetized whip holder on his belt too small to actually put the whip in if you have it the right way up?

This seems a point of inconsistency. Mine holds the whip fine in the appropriate position.

And why the hell was the magnet removed from the holster! :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Happy now Wor-gar? :D

I would have preferred a magnet myself. I hate these little claspy things since they're very hard to get closed again, and they look like they would wear out if you used them much at all.

Still surprised no one asked why the magnet was removed from the holster. Especially when it's still in the Backstage Pass Video.

ya, i found the surprising, especially as much a ^^^^^ it is closing the thing the way it was ultimately done.

Apparently it's not an accident. From IndyGear:

Here are a couple of screen shots from Raiders:
RotLA-browning.jpg

RotLA-browning2.jpg

Also found this:

For what it's worth, I am very happy that SS saw fit to include the Browning with the figure, it's one of those small details that casual viewers wouldn't even notice, kind of like Han Solo's two different blasters in ANH. In fact, I am surprised SS didn't give us the Browning as the exclusive item like they did with smuggler Han.

Anwway, I keep Indy's Browning in his satchel.

Every shot the gun changes. Im sure he was supposed to have 2 guns, but that scene was a total screw up. First he had the .45, then then revolver, then the .45...ect.

Back